You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #16781
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
Hands off Lacey, I have the monopoly on schadenfreude around here!
That's okay, because I was just kidding.

That and I hope that Jaz isn't really as upset as her post may have implied.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #16782
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I *am* upset.

One thing I really hate is when people ignore me. It hurts my feelings, and makes me think they don't like me, or that I said something wrong.

Iggy, go and poke terrorise stepise a little, okay? For Mommy?

"I'm right on it, Mommy."

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #16783
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm sure he only meant it as a joke, Jazzy...

Old 03-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #16784
Lazy Bee

Of course he meant it as a joke Jaz!

IMHO Stepurhan is one of the nicest blokes on the forum. He rarely puts himself in a position where he can be panned, so I grabbed the opportunity as fast as I could! Why don't you grab a pan and join me? You'll feel so much better afterwards.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 AM   #16785
Lovable rogue

I'm going to bed now.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 AM   #16786
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I *am* upset.

One thing I really hate is when people ignore me. It hurts my feelings, and makes me think they don't like me, or that I said something wrong.

Iggy, go and poke terrorise stepise a little, okay? For Mommy?

"I'm right on it, Mommy."

-

Me

Firstly, I was absolutely joking. Really. Sorry to have upset you. It was never intended that way.

Secondly. I do like you. I don't bother with that sort of joke for people I don't like. I find mutual winding up can be enjoyable amongst friends. This does rely on both knowing that it is done entirely without malice. For example, I'm assuming you're not really trying to hook me up with Sand (buff as he may be)

Thirdly, Can you stop Iggy poking and terrorising me? It's really beginning to hurt.

I'm not really a fanfic person though I am a fan of the in-game anecdote. By way of peace offering I give you this NWN in-game anecdote. Feel free to me back on it.

I was trying to set up a game with a friend who lives about 10 miles down the road from me. His firewall wasn't having any of it with him as the server so I set myself up as server instead. Just for a test scenario I chose Orc and Pie.

For those that don't know it this scenario consists of one room with an orc in it (who has a pie) You kill the orc. You take the pie. End of scenario. Seemed a good quick-loading module for a network check.

While I was waiting for my friend to connect another character appeared. I knew it wasn't my friend because I was talking with him on the phone at the time. (oopsie. Forgot the player password setup) They rushed up to the orc, killed it and then stopped dead. The last thing they said before I shut the game session down was "wtf"

Just goes to show, some people will connect to anything.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #16787
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Cookies > Pie

Old 03-07-2007, 04:34 AM   #16788

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post

Me

Firstly, I was absolutely joking. Really. Sorry to have upset you. It was never intended that way.
In that case, you are forgiven after I have panned you.

stepsie

You're right, Jelena, I really feel better now.

Quote:
Secondly. I do like you. I don't bother with that sort of joke for people I don't like. I find mutual winding up can be enjoyable amongst friends. This does rely on both knowing that it is done entirely without malice. For example, I'm assuming you're not really trying to hook me up with Sand (buff as he may be)
I know what you mean, that can be fun. It was just hard to tell through the Internet. I should have been able to judge though, I think, because I do know you are a nice person and a friend. I guess I overreacted a bit too.

And don't worry about not wanting to be hooked up with Sand. That means there's more of him for me. He's mine all, mine. He's my toy - I even tattooed my name on the underside of his foot (like in "Toy Story"), so all the other kids know he's mine.

Quote:
Thirdly, Can you stop Iggy poking and terrorising me? It's really beginning to hurt.
Iggy, darling. That's enough.

"Awww...okay."

That's a good darling.

Quote:
I'm not really a fanfic person though I am a fan of the in-game anecdote. By way of peace offering I give you this NWN in-game anecdote. Feel free to me back on it.

I was trying to set up a game with a friend who lives about 10 miles down the road from me. His firewall wasn't having any of it with him as the server so I set myself up as server instead. Just for a test scenario I chose Orc and Pie.

For those that don't know it this scenario consists of one room with an orc in it (who has a pie) You kill the orc. You take the pie. End of scenario. Seemed a good quick-loading module for a network check.

While I was waiting for my friend to connect another character appeared. I knew it wasn't my friend because I was talking with him on the phone at the time. (oopsie. Forgot the player password setup) They rushed up to the orc, killed it and then stopped dead. The last thing they said before I shut the game session down was "wtf"

Just goes to show, some people will connect to anything.

Hehe...that's a nice one.

I guess I could also tell some anecdotes, like when Tibsie's character Tiberius Grimm sent his familiar Grymmpyt (an eyeball) after samIamSad's half-orc character. Or when Tibsie attacked the construction workers in Penultima city, and was after that chased by one of them.

Or when you two continued to attack random wildlige in "The Cave of Songs" and got us all killed continuously (seriously, the wolves were stronger than the goblins in that forest!). Or when Tibsie got chased by that druid and his animal companion because he had attacked them, and I had to talk to that druid, so I had to convince Tibsie to stay dead for a while so I could get the quests from the guy (seriously guys, don't attack plot characters. ).

(Sorry, Tibsie.)

Or that one time in the Penultima modules. The Penultima campaign consists of several modules which are connected through the "Penultima City" module. To reach one mission, you go through the guild of middlemen in the city. At the start of the module, you find yourself in the guild of middlemen again so you can read the details for that particular module. Now, at one point I quoted "The Shoe of Manitou": "Now everyone goes to the toilet one last time, and then we ride on.", just as a joke. But to my great amusement, the replies from the guys were things like "That's acutally a good idea...one second." and "I'll be right back", as they all visited the toilet one last time.

-

Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 AM   #16789
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

So making fun of me is okay?

Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 AM   #16790
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
In that case, you are forgiven after I have panned you.

stepsie
Yay!
Quote:
I know what you mean, that can be fun. It was just hard to tell through the Internet.
Which is why I tend to stick one of these fellas on the end of anything that looks like it could be considered rude otherwise.
Quote:
Or when Tibsie attacked the construction workers in Penultima city, and was after that chased by one of them.
I can top that. I've been attacked by a crate.

Dreamcatcher campaign - Pit of Stars (no 5?) There was a crate whose description said it looked pushable. Tried "talking" to it but that didn't seem to do the trick (it later turned out it does. You need to position yourself first so it can move away from you.) "Maybe I have to attack it" I thought. The crate subsequently slid after me wherever I went and tried to bump into me (for blunt damage)

Quote:
Or when you two continued to attack random wildlige in "The Cave of Songs" and got us all killed continuously (seriously, the wolves were stronger than the goblins in that forest!).
He aggravated them. I didn't wade in until they were already hostile.
Quote:
Or when Tibsie got chased by that druid and his animal companion because he had attacked them, and I had to talk to that druid, so I had to convince Tibsie to stay dead for a while so I could get the quests from the guy (seriously guys, don't attack plot characters. ).
is that the same session? I think I remember that guy. He looked untrustworthy. A bit like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post

It's only cause we love you Rob. (though, speaking for myself, that's in a macho beer-swilling sort of way. )

Cold Topic

Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #16791

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post

Have a Life cookie.

Quote:
I can top that. I've been attacked by a crate.

Dreamcatcher campaign - Pit of Stars (no 5?) There was a crate whose description said it looked pushable. Tried "talking" to it but that didn't seem to do the trick (it later turned out it does. You need to position yourself first so it can move away from you.) "Maybe I have to attack it" I thought. The crate subsequently slid after me wherever I went and tried to bump into me (for blunt damage)
Oooh, I think I remember that part. Okay, that's difficult to top.

Quote:
He aggravated them. I didn't wade in until they were already hostile.
Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say.

Quote:
is that the same session? I think I remember that guy. He looked untrustworthy. A bit like this.

Yeah, he did seem kind of shifty, didn't he? I have to say, I much prefer the more cheerful kind of druid, like Hasrinaxx (yes, that's a reference to the game "Druid" and "Druid 2") from the Aielund Saga (I really hope that Sam gets the expansions to NWN, so we can play this in Multiplayer. It might be the only way to get Tibsie to finally play it. I have been poking him to play it for ages now.):

While we're at it, please tell me what you think of the look of my character.

-

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 03-07-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Replace excessively large pics with thumbnails
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #16792
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Hey, I'm perpetually ignored.

It doesn't usually bother me, though.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #16793
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Very nice, I especially like the flaming katana.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #16794
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
I *am* upset.
exactly what i was thinking.

edit: i'm not being ignored, btw, i'm just upset about something similar.

Last edited by Hammerite; 03-07-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #16795
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Have a Life cookie.

Oooh, I think I remember that part. Okay, that's difficult to top.

Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say.

Yeah, he did seem kind of shifty, didn't he? I have to say, I much prefer the more cheerful kind of druid, like Hasrinaxx (yes, that's a reference to the game "Druid" and "Druid 2") from the Aielund Saga (I really hope that Sam gets the expansions to NWN, so we can play this in Multiplayer. It might be the only way to get Tibsie to finally play it. I have been poking him to play it for ages now.):

-
Aeilund references Woot!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #16796
Freeware Co-ordinator

I like you too Hammerite.

Cold Topic

Old 03-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #16797
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Whilst undoubtedly striking I'm not sure the Leopard look suits you.

(which one is you again?)

Joking of course. Would I be right in saying that you're wielding two weapons there? What's the one in your left hand? I can't quite make it out.

Good overall look but I'm curious about the skirt. Is that a fixed item on the character or is it an actual bit of armour? I thought characters clothing changed depending on what you outfit them with.

Cold Topic

Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #16798
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I have a concert this evening and then I have to write an essay. Who needs sleep?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #16799
Creepy Father Figure

for a second there I thought you wanted to get panned wearing a leapord suit. Man, I'm still not used to these weird hours.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #16800

Hey?! Who changed my images into Thumbnails?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Hey, I'm perpetually ignored.

It doesn't usually bother me, though.

But it bothers me. Not only if people announce they ignore me. I also think I said something wrong if nobody replies to my post. I know that is illogical, but it's only so much I can do not to post "Please respond to me! Please show me I didn't do or say something wrong!" every time nobody replies to me. Same in real life. If I say something, I need to have a confirmation, be it a simple "yes", or just a nod or shake of the head, or a smile, to see that my words have been heard and understood. If I don't get that, I keep on repeating myself until I get a reply in some way. If I don't get a reply, it nearly drives me nuts (or rather, it keeps irking me. I am already insane, so I can hardly be driven nuts.).

Probably one of the reasons why I'm don't want to kill the thread.

Quote:
Whilst undoubtedly striking I'm not sure the Leopard look suits you.

(which one is you again?)

Joking of course. Would I be right in saying that you're wielding two weapons there? What's the one in your left hand? I can't quite make it out.

Good overall look but I'm curious about the skirt. Is that a fixed item on the character or is it an actual bit of armour? I thought characters clothing changed depending on what you outfit them with.

Yes, that's me with the two weapons. They're both Katanas (CEP Katanas which have longer blades and handles and look more realistic. Since they are from the CEP 1, they have black blades. It's an issue with CEP blades that apparently they don't have texture), custom enchanted. The right one has fire damage, the left one frost damage.

The clothes change with the change of armor. The skirt, and actually the entire dress and the bands on her arms are part of one armor. The skirt, the bands and the necklace (which you can't see) are armor parts from the CEP 1. They can be changed with the "Craft Armor" ability from HotU. The CEP has all kinds of skirts, tabards, necklaces, and even armor parts that combined create a Kimono (with three different patterns available).

In other news, I just found a solid chocolate KitKat.

-

Last edited by Jazhara7; 03-07-2007 at 01:05 PM.