You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #8001
merely human

"What? What?"
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #8002
Chris Barraclough

Rob would never imagine another country during sex/actually have sex with another country, he's British and proud dammit! Having sex with a whole country, that would be quite a feat.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #8003
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*sigh*

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 AM   #8004
Life and times of...

He sighed.

What a sight.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:17 AM   #8005
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
When Rob's away the mice will play. I sense a in the future.
Mel, you got post #8000 without even noticing it!

EDIT: My input on what Rob needs is that he needs to go out on a date with some cute and nice girl. You guys must be out of your minds suggesting sex for him. Can we please take one thing at a time and start with something reasonable. Eventually he'll get there.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:46 AM   #8006
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

"What? What?"

AAAAAaaaaawwww...!

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 06-21-2006, 04:20 AM   #8007
Chris Barraclough

We've got a mouse problem in the flat at the moment. In fact, I've got a couple of mouse traps on my desk ready to take home and try out. This annoying little black one keeps jumping out from behind the microwave and scaring the hell out of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
EDIT: My input on what Rob needs is that he needs to go out on a date with some cute and nice girl. You guys must be out of your minds suggesting sex for him. Can we please take one thing at a time and start with something reasonable. Eventually he'll get there.
Nahhh, all he needs is some deep dicking

Where's that from again, Chasing Amy?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #8008
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I hate you all.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:18 AM   #8009
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
We've got a mouse problem in the flat at the moment. In fact, I've got a couple of mouse traps on my desk ready to take home and try out. This annoying little black one keeps jumping out from behind the microwave and scaring the hell out of us.
Good luck with the little bastards. We had mice in our kitchen when we lived in a house on the countryside. First we tried rat poison, but that was a big mistake since the mice ate it, went and hid in the walls and died. Then they slowly rotted and that stench was horrible and lasted what felt like forever.
The traps were exciting. Suddenly you hear them slam and you have to go take care of it.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:41 AM   #8010
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
Good luck with the little bastards. We had mice in our kitchen when we lived in a house on the countryside. First we tried rat poison, but that was a big mistake since the mice ate it, went and hid in the walls and died. Then they slowly rotted and that stench was horrible and lasted what felt like forever.
The traps were exciting. Suddenly you hear them slam and you have to go take care of it.
They are a nuisance, especially since you can't leave food out for more than a couple of minutes before they come along and eat it We're gonna be moving flat soon but my flatmate really wants to take care of them, especially after one of them ran under his bed last weekend and scared the shit out of his girlfriend. When I walked in his room, she was standing on a chair and his feet were poking out from beneath the bed

Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #8011
female animal lover

oh you're all so evil.. You've made me sad!

*Panthera goes to sit in the corner and cry for all the mouse that will die a horrible death the next days

Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #8012
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

When you have a mouse run up your arm unexpectedly in the middle of the night, you might feel differently.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #8013
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
When you have a mouse run up your arm unexpectedly in the middle of the night, you might feel differently.
When it turns out to be the hand of a hot man (Jatsie for example), you would definitely feel differently.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-21-2006, 08:48 AM   #8014
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
When it turns out to be the hand of a hot man (Jatsie for example), you would definitely feel differently.
On the other hand, if that man wakes you up by standing up in bed, wringing his hands, stamping his feet, and shrieking "Oh my God! There's a mouse in here! Kill it! Kill it!" in a voice so high it cold shatter crystal, that can be a bit of a mood-breaker.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #8015
female animal lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I can't see why that's a reason to tourture mice to death..
If I had a mouseproblem I'd use humane methods to get them away, like a little mashine with high-pitched noice or cages..

Old 06-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #8016
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera
If I had a mouseproblem I'd use humane methods to get them away, like a little mashine with high-pitched noice or cages..
I could have used those methods as well if I only had known they existed.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #8017
Bad Influence

Quote:
If I had a mouse problem I'd use humane methods to get them away, like a little machine with high-pitched noise or cages..
The noise machines irritate me more than they irritate the mice. Cages merely move the problem from one area to another. As Lena stated, poison causes mice to die in the most inaccessible area of any home as a final act of defiance.
There is nothing like the satisfying snap of a mousetrap closing shut, and you have tangible proof each time this method works.

I refuse to share my home with any living creature which does not either:
A. Pay rent.
B. Clean the house.
C. Provide lovin'.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #8018
female animal lover

would you kill your dog that way?
You know that mice that get captured in mousetraps can survive in two days afterwards, living in extreme pain.
We used the noicemashine in our home, and it worked perfectly, we didn't hear it at all, and the mice dissapeared. It didn't even influence our cat.

I don't agree to killing a living creature just because they irritate you, and especially not in such a cruel way. If you use a cage you have to put the mouse out in a nearby forest, but I would have taken that extra little job so that I can save a life..

Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #8019
Psychonaut

Hoots mon, there's a moose loose aboot this hoose
Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #8020
Bad Influence

Quote:
Would you kill your dog that way?
No, but my dog is a pet, not an uninvited invader of my home.

Quote:
You know that mice that get captured in mousetraps can survive in two days afterwards, living in extreme pain.
Norwegian mousetraps must work differently than American ones. With ours, death is instantaneous. If I've got mousetraps out, I check and if necessary reset them several times a day.

Quote:
We used the noicemashine in our home, and it worked perfectly, we didn't hear it at all, and the mice dissapeared. It didn't even influence our cat.
Perhaps you tried a different noise machine than I did. It's high-pitched whine was just "white noise" while it was on, but you could hear the difference when it was shut off.

Quote:
I don't agree to killing a living creature just because they irritate you, and especially not in such a cruel way. If you use a cage you have to put the mouse out in a nearby forest, but I would have taken that extra little job so that I can save a life..
I applaud your reasoning and compassion, but I've spent too much time on a farm and seen far too much rodent damage to feel bad about killing mice.
We are different people with different backgrounds and experiences, so let's just agree to disagree and to discuss this issue no further.
Okay?

Share the love.

<3