You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #7521
Lovable rogue

The pretty one is wet.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #7522
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hey, I know the characters' names (which is novel, because I often have a hard time remembering names in general)!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #7523
Life and times of...

Mr. Roberto Lacey! Your avatar is ugly and bad and quite a cliché even! Go back to something good now or eternally be damned to stupidity and grammatical errors especially in the words similar to 'your'!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #7524
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Rumour hear say and speculation has raised this question in my head.

What are you changing your nick to Scott?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #7525
Lovable rogue

We should guess first. I say Deparment Store Scott. He's movin' on up like George and Weezy!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #7526
Lazy Bee

Or Boutique Scott.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #7527
merely human

That's what I was thinking, Lensie. Or Barneys Scott (after the posh Manhattan specialty store as featured in the Sex And The City TV show).

Of course, he can always do quaint, as in European Village Square Market Scott.

LOL!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #7528
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Nah. He's going to change it to something totally random. Like "Uikfhdsjh"...

Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #7529
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

"Boutique Scott"? I might be a whole bunch of things, but pretentious isn't one of them.
I was thinking of eliminating the name "Scott" entirely, as I've never cared for it and I don't think it suits me. The world at large seems to agree with me because people call me "Steve" by mistake all the time. I'm okay with "Steve".
As I absolutely fell in love with Reno, Nevada the first time I visited there and I intend to move there someday, I was thinking of including "Reno" as well.
Thus far, I've come up with "SteveReno" and "RenoSteve". I personally prefer the former, but I'm open to suggestions and critiques.
Thoughts?

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #7530
Lovable rogue

Whatever would your poor mother think of you rejecting the name she gave you?

Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #7531
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Just change your name to "<3" and be done with it!

Old 06-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #7532
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
As I absolutely fell in love with Reno, Nevada the first time I visited there and I intend to move there someday, I was thinking of including "Reno" as well.
So when is the move date? You never talk about Birmingham anymore and you never did. So move! Be somewhere that'll fill up your story meter. Besides, you'll be that much closer to me.

Quote:
Thus far, I've come up with "SteveReno" and "RenoSteve". I personally prefer the former, but I'm open to suggestions and critiques.
Thoughts?
'Steve Reno'. With a space in between. What about 'Steve Nevada'?

That mean I'd have to call you Stevesie now? That doesn't sound very good.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #7533
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

The problem with putting the "Steve" first is that it makes it look like "Reno" is your surname.

Mind you, it's entirely your choice Scott Steve...

Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #7534
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Or even better "Stevada"
Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #7535
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
The problem with putting the "Steve" first is that it makes it look like "Reno" is your surname.
Why would that be a big deal? We all know our nicks aren't our real name.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #7536
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
"Boutique Scott"? I might be a whole bunch of things, but pretentious isn't one of them.
Well that was the joke!
Quote:
I was thinking of eliminating the name "Scott" entirely, as I've never cared for it and I don't think it suits me.
Now there's a bomb to drop! I must protest! I think Scott is a great name which suits you perfectly. It's really hard to have a friend who changes name all of a sudden. The name I'm introduced to gets stuck, can't help it. I had a friend from highschool who was called Ola. He moved to Stockholm and became a tattoo artist and changed his name into Tim. It felt really awkward to call him Tim, but of course I did it since he wanted me to.
Quote:
The world at large seems to agree with me because people call me "Steve" by mistake all the time. I'm okay with "Steve".
Do you have a larger world than Adventure Gamers forum?
Quote:
As I absolutely fell in love with Reno, Nevada the first time I visited there and I intend to move there someday, I was thinking of including "Reno" as well. Thus far, I've come up with "SteveReno" and "RenoSteve". I personally prefer the former, but I'm open to suggestions and critiques.
Well since you're ahead of me in your thoughts I'll have to get used to the very thought before I'll suggest anything. The most important thing is that you're happy with it!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #7537
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Why would that be a big deal? We all know our nicks aren't our real name.
Leaving aside my particular case, I'm not saying that it would necessarily be a big deal. Just don't be surprised if someone makes the mistake at some point, though...

Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #7538
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Hmmm...let me free-associate for a second.

Steve Reno- A private detective in the classic Sam Spade/Mike Hammer potboiler mold. "I had three slugs in me...two bourbon, one lead". Hehehe! Kinda cool.

Steve Nevada- A 70s pron star, co-starring with Misty Peaks in "The Bodfather". Cute, but no.

Stevada- Exotic and unusual, but not quite me.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #7539
merely human

Quote:
Leaving aside my particular case, I'm not saying that it would necessarily be a big deal. Just don't be surprised if someone makes the mistake at some point, though...
Whoever makes that mistake would have to be a moron, then. That's rare. It's unusual for someone online to use his real name as his nick. So for Scott to have to bow down to an exception would be dumb, yes?

Quote:
Misty Peaks
LMFAO!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #7540
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Whoever makes that mistake would have to be a moron, then. That's rare. It's unusual for someone online to use his real name as his nick. So for Scott to have to bow down to an exception would be dumb, yes?
Fine. I made a point, but if you want to leap on it and say that it's dumb then fine. I just thought I'd point it out, but I won't bother next time .

And, incidentally, I know of several people that use their name or a variation on their name in usernames.