You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #5681
SamNMax

"gaybrush threepwoody"?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #5682
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Ah. Thanks for the explanation.
A friend of mine is fond of relating the story wherein he put vodka in the punch at his grandmother's WCTU (Women's Christian Temperance Union, a society that protested the use of alcohol) meeting. Apparently, that particular meeting was one of the liveliest and most enjoyable they ever had!

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #5683
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
"gaybrush threepwoody"?
Wait. What?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #5684
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

WhatEVER.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #5685
SamNMax

I'm going to hijack this thread.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #5686
Chris Barraclough

My old man said be a tottenham fan,
I said **** off bollocks you're a ****

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #5687
SamNMax

Most overrated movie of all-time: Breakfast Club.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #5688
Chris Barraclough

I thought it was anything by Spike Lee. Although I've never seen Breakfast Club.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #5689
SamNMax

Spike Lee.

"**** you. **** yo pizza."

Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #5690
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
A friend of mine is fond of relating the story wherein he put vodka in the punch at his grandmother's WCTU (Women's Christian Temperance Union, a society that protested the use of alcohol) meeting. Apparently, that particular meeting was one of the liveliest and most enjoyable they ever had!
Hehe, the idea of of a group of drunk elderly women preaching the evils of alcohol amuses me.
In that state I can imagine they got quite passionate about their support for the 18th Amendment and the threat of Mother's ruin.

It always shocks me that to this day there are still places in the United States that are Dry Counties.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #5691
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Default Just one more thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Any thread with a sled named "Rosebud" deserves to be killed at the earliest opportunity. By me.

I'm still waiting for someone to notice that I was paraphrasing an episode of a certain crime series with a commonly underestimated detective.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #5692
SamNMax

Quote:
Spike Lee.

"**** you. **** yo pizza."
Reggie Miller.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #5693
Bad Influence

Quote:
Most overrated movie of all-time: Breakfast Club.
You had to be there during that period.
Of John Hughes' films, I do prefer "Weird Science" and "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" to "The Breakfast Club", though. "Pretty In Pink" and "Sixteen Candles" have their moments but are a bit too preachy at times, much like "The Breakfast Club".

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #5694
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I'm still waiting for someone to notice that I was paraphrasing an episode of a certain crime series with a commonly underestimated detective.

-
I didn't see your quote, but was it Columbo?

Columbo: "Oh, err, just one more thing....I noticed by the way you wear your watch on your left hand that you must be an early riser, and since you have mud on the bottom of your shoes then I deduce that you killed the dear lady late last night with a candlestick to the face and buried her underneath the second rose bush from the right. Am I right baron?"

Baron: "Oh f*ck nuggets"

Old 04-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #5695
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
You had to be there during that period.
I don't see how.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #5696
Lovable rogue

I barely remember what happened in "Pretty in Pink", but I retained enough to pick up the reference James Spader made to it in an epsode of "Boston Legal."

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #5697
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Was anyone else ever irritated by the annoying habit of Columbo episodes showing the murder at the beginning? I at least like to have a go at guessing the criminal .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #5698
SamNMax

I don't know. I do like to guess the killer when the mystery is reletivley dark and serious. Columbo always seemed sort of light-hearted.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #5699
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I didn't see your quote, but was it Columbo?

Columbo: "Oh, err, just one more thing....I noticed by the way you wear your watch on your left hand that you must be an early riser, and since you have mud on the bottom of your shoes then I deduce that you killed the dear lady late last night with a candlestick to the face and buried her underneath the second rose bush from the right. Am I right baron?"

Baron: "Oh f*ck nuggets"

Here's what I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
The Loony Empress Jazhara:*calls thread on the phone* Ah, thread, my old friend! I was having a discussion with my doctor. He doesn't believe me that the sled is called "Rosebud". I know it's called that, the sled is hanging in my office. So I thought you could help me. Go to my office, and look what the name of the sled is, will you?

Thread: Yeah, sure. No problem.

The Loony Empress Jazhara: Great! I'll give the phone to my doctor. So, what's the name of the sled?

Thread: "Rosebud". *a low growl is heard from behind him, as two Dobermann Pinschers appear.*

The Loony Empress Jazhara: I knew it! Wait, I'll give the phone to my doctor now. Tell him what the sled is called. Now, please.

Thread: "Rosebud". The sled is called "Rosebud". *the growl gets louder, a bark follows. Suddenly, a scream and a thud as though the phone handle was knocked to the ground. Then the outdrawn -doot- as the rest of the phone follows, and the connection is broken*

The Loony Empress Jazhara: Rest in Peace, Thread.

-

It's the episode "How to Dial a Murder", where the murderer has trained his dogs to attack upon hearing the word "Rosebud". He kills the victim by calling him while the person is looking after the dogs, and asking him a question about the sled "Rosebud" (which is from "Citizen Kane").

I didn't actually quote Columbo himself. It's actually from before his appearance in that episode.

"How to Dial a Murder" is one of the episodes I remember very well. I know that there were some other dogs being trained to attack on the command "Kiss", and that Columbo was considering to get his dog "Dog" trained.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #5700
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
Hehe, the idea of of a group of drunk elderly women preaching the evils of alcohol amuses me.
In that state I can imagine they got quite passionate about their support for the 18th Amendment and the threat of Mother's ruin.

It always shocks me that to this day there are still places in the United States that are Dry Counties.
At the borders of each of these "dry counties" are convenience stores that are only too happy to sell alcohol. I've gone on many a late-night run to these stores, being as both sides of my family are originally from "dry counties".
Usually, counties remain "dry" because local officials have a personal stake in the illegal sale of alcohol within those counties. If it were legal to sell alcohol there, these officials would lose a very lucrative source of income.

Share the love.

<3