You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #47501
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
But you don't speak Finnish, so you don't get what the site is about.

Plus, you won't get why this is funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post

Great translator!

By the way Upsie, my dear Nemesis. I am planning on learning Finnish one day. I don't know why, but I just want to go there one day. And learn the language of course. Mwuahahahahahaha!!!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #47502
tsa
Playing character

How many languages can you speak already Jaz? For me, two is enough: Dutch and English, although German would be handy too, because I live so close to the border.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #47503
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Great translator!

By the way Upsie, my dear Nemesis. I am planning on learning Finnish one day. I don't know why, but I just want to go there one day. And learn the language of course. Mwuahahahahahaha!!!

-
Eeep!

Also, when did we become nemesis...es... nemesi... nemi... plural nemesis?

Actually, I just read somewhere that the origins of the word nemesis are very different than what it means today. Something rather positive, even...

Anyways, do, learn, come! And hey, you can start a study group with Luna Sevithiainen! (Semitiainen, I like to think her name as being (what a wonderful sentence, no? "like to think her name as being" )) And then come and conquer Finland with the girl power and power of Three and all that (Three because I'm sure that Luna's companion-whose-name-I-forget(-I'm-sorry) will come too (unless Luna is so taken aback by my Finnish charms that she'd rather be alone that time...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
How many languages can you speak already Jaz? For me, two is enough: Dutch and English, although German would be handy too, because I live so close to the border.
Pfft. I speak Finnish and English fluently, Swedish okay and German to some extent, and I don't think that's at all enough If I spoke German also fluently, then also French and Spanish, maybe a bit of Italian and also something like Chinese, then I could think "okay, no need to learn more languages"

You know, I wanted to ramble.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #47504

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Well, German, English, a bit of French, and a few words Spanish and Chinese. I've started learning Arabic, but I can't really claim "speaking" it in any way yet. I definitely want to finish learning Spanish and Arabic, but I have kind of given up on Chinese.

Also, Finnish of course. And Dutch most likely too.

Quote:
Eeep!

Also, when did we become nemesis...es... nemesi... nemi... plural nemesis?

Actually, I just read somewhere that the origins of the word nemesis are very different than what it means today. Something rather positive, even...

Am I mixing people up again... O.o

No, of course not...that's what I meant, yes! You are my righteous anger!

Quote:
Anyways, do, learn, come! And hey, you can start a study group with Luna Sevithiainen! (Semitiainen, I like to think her name as being (what a wonderful sentence, no? "like to think her name as being" )) And then come and conquer Finland with the girl power and power of Three and all that (Three because I'm sure that Luna's companion-whose-name-I-forget(-I'm-sorry) will come too (unless Luna is so taken aback by my Finnish charms that she'd rather be alone that time...)
Pfft. I speak Finnish and English fluently, Swedish okay and German to some extent, and I don't think that's at all enough If I spoke German also fluently, then also French and Spanish, maybe a bit of Italian and also something like Chinese, then I could think "okay, no need to learn more languages"

You know, I wanted to ramble.

Yay! I am allowed to come to Finland. And as you wish, we will come invade. Fear us!!! (Don't worry, we don't bite...hard. )

-

Old 02-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #47505
tsa
Playing character

OK Jazzie, we're gonna speak Dutch in Hastings! Nobody will understad us, not even us, MWUHAHA! Oh, and don't forget to bring Mr. Grue. We need him for the quiz
Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #47506
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Pfft. I speak Finnish and English fluently, Swedish okay and German to some extent,
Hrmpf! To what good, since you're not coming to Hastings where you'd be able to actually use those skills.

j/k Upsie. But I really do would like to meet you at said event.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #47507
Filmfreak

I speak Dutch, English, French and basic German.
My mother tongue is actually 'West-Flemish' which is a Dutch dialect, but requires subtitles for all non-West-Flemish Dutch-speaking people. So you could say I speak 5 languages...

It's a pity I can't come to Hastings, but then again, I'll be on my honeymoon in Austria at that time, so if I'd come to Hastings instead, I know someone who'd kill me...
Old 02-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #47508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Hrmpf! To what good, since you're not coming to Hastings where you'd be able to actually use those skills.

I would love to meet him too. To finally put a face to that Black Lotus would be great.

And I can't even send my Angel of Righteous Wrath after him...because we just established that he *is* my Nemesis. Darn.

j/k too: Wouldn't dare to take steal you away from Miss Upsie. But maybe she can come along to future AG Meets? I'm sure she would have fun too.

-

Old 02-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #47509
kamikaze hummingbirds

I can create top quality meals from raw materials, as long as you provide me with a stove and I am well rested.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #47510
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

This is all very silly. Let's stop.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #47511
Life and times of...

Quote:
I would love to meet him too. To finally put a face to that Black Lotus would be great.

And I can't even send my Angel of Righteous Wrath after him...because we just established that he *is* my Nemesis. Darn.

j/k too: Wouldn't dare to take steal you away from Miss Upsie. But maybe she can come along to future AG Meets? I'm sure she would have fun too.
Miss Upsie? I'd certainly like to meet her too.

Just to clarify, did I give the impression that there is a Miss Upsie involved somewhere? Because I didn't mean to, as there isn't...

Quote:
Am I mixing people up again... O.o

No, of course not...that's what I meant, yes! You are my righteous anger!
Hmm, I think maybe we indeed did establish some sort of nemes-relationship at some point... So, umm... I shall prevail! Or whatever... (I'm a really convincing nemesis!)
Quote:
Yay! I am allowed to come to Finland. And as you wish, we will come invade. Fear us!!! (Don't worry, we don't bite...hard. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post

I'd really like to meet myself in that event too! Not to mention it might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet Fantasyie (though no wooing her anymore).

Last edited by UPtimist; 02-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #47512

Quote:
Miss Upsie? I'd certainly like to meet her too.

Just to clarify, did I give the impression that there is a Miss Upsie involved somewhere? Because I didn't mean to, as there isn't...

Gaaaah...I accidentally misread Timovieman's post as yours in the Topic Review...

So sorry. But I'm sure you will meet her soon enough.

-

Old 02-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #47513
Life and times of...

Quote:
So sorry. But I'm sure you will meet her soon enough.
Well, thanks
Spoiler:
(Don't tell anyone, but there is this one Pole (and I ain't talkin' 'bout stripper poles), but, you know, Poland is not in Finland)
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #47514
kamikaze hummingbirds

Where's Miss Hammy? WHERE
Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #47515
Life and times of...

Where did all the Miss Hammies go..? Gone to young men every one, when will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #47516
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
It's a pity I can't come to Hastings, but then again, I'll be on my honeymoon in Austria at that time, so if I'd come to Hastings instead, I know someone who'd kill me...
Mrs Degree and I Honeymooned in Austria and had a great time! We did a day trip to Herrenchiemsee in Bavaria where they filmed the Ludwig museum for GK2. Mrs Degree didn't understand, but I couldn't believe it!

Where abouts are you going?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #47517
tsa
Playing character

What! Were you present at the actual filming for GK2? That is so cool! You must tell us all about it.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #47518
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

What's really cool is Mr. Degree getting hitched at age 15.

The future ex-Mr. Yo keeps winking at me on the bus... I wonder if he put in his contact lens correctly.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #47519
Failed Birthday Elf

OK, so I was slightly late for the filming... about 10 years late I think...

Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #47520
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.