You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #47021
tsa
Playing character

Long live us, the Netherlands!

Last edited by tsa; 11-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #47022
Filmfreak

You do realize that's just the sort of remark that makes us Belgians simply point and laugh?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #47023
Life and times of...

Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger...
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #47024
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
You do realize that's just the sort of remark that makes us Belgians simply point and laugh?
And this quote makes Hercule Poirot laugh.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #47025
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger...
Mushroom! Mushroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
And this quote makes Hercule Poirot laugh.
Everything makes Hercule Poirot laugh. I think his moustache tickles...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #47026
Stalker of Britain

I love Mr. Poirot...<3 *snuggles him and his little grey cells*

Of course, he can never replace Holmes and Watson as my favorite detectives...
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #47027
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Oh please. You're just jealous. You don't even have a government! How can you be a country then?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #47028
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Oh please. You're just jealous. You don't even have a government! How can you be a country then?
Just because we don't have a federal government, doesn't mean we don't have a government. In fact, we have MULTIPLE governments. Because we like doing things the hard/redundant/expensive/absurd way...

Also, we're definitely a country, because we have a flag!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #47029
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Just because we don't have a federal government, doesn't mean we don't have a government. In fact, we have MULTIPLE governments. Because we like doing things the hard/redundant/expensive/absurd way...

Also, we're definitely a country, because we have a flag!
Isn't Belgium actually doing better now that it doesn't have a federal government? Here in Holland we were better off during the formation that took forever before we had our current government, that's for sure.

The Belgian flag:
Old 11-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #47030
tsa
Playing character

More flags! AAAARRGHH!!!!
Flags! Flags!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #47031
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Isn't Belgium actually doing better now that it doesn't have a federal government? Here in Holland we were better off during the formation that took forever before we had our current government, that's for sure.
How dare you call a 150-day formation "forever"???
We're at 520+ days now and still counting. And we broke the world record almost a year ago! Maybe that was the plan all along, because we sure aren't winning anything else...

Anyway, I wouldn't say we're doing better now than with a government. It's just exactly the same. There are simply too many politicians for it to ever change. And the language barrier in the middle of our country doesn't help. The Flemish-speaking part keeps blaming the French-speaking part and vice versa.
That's exactly why I dislike the entire concept of having a separate Flemish and Walloon government. It just pulls both regions further apart. If they'd simply make everything federal again, it wouldn't be as bad. And we'd save billions in politicians fees and administrative costs alone.
Unfortunately far too few see it that way (especially in the Flemish part). Most would prefer breaking up the country, which is just silly and wouldn't benefit anybody...

And meanwhile, all we do is complain, because that's what we're good at...

But hey, at least our government won't be formed with an extremist party in it. *too soon?*
(But I reckon that's part of the problem you guys are facing now? Or am I over-simplifying things?)

And ZOMG! I made a relatively serious post!!! In this thread!!!!
That will surely kill it!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #47032
tsa
Playing character

Hohoho! We DON'T have an extremist party in the government! Geert Wilders is a spineless twat who doesn't dare to bear any responsibility, and our so-called Christian party loves power, so they concocted a deal in which Geert would find most of what our government does fantastic and would vote for it. In that way the people who call themselves Christians stay in power and Geert can shout and scream whatever nonsense he wants and he doesn't have to do any serious business. Everybody is happy in our government!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #47033
Filmfreak

I recognise the part where the Christian Party would do anything to stay in power...

But even if he doesn't actually have any power at all, just having an assmonkey like Wilders in the government reflects badly on an international level...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 AM   #47034
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
I recognise the part where the Christian Party would do anything to stay in power...

But even if he doesn't actually have any power at all, just having an assmonkey like Wilders in the government reflects badly on an international level...
Oh yes, and on a national level as well. Luckily it seems that people are fed up with the fearmongery of the extreme rights in Europe, so Geert's best-before date is approaching rapidly.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #47035
Life and times of...

Brass monkey, that funky monkey!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #47036
Stalker of Britain

MY Union Jack!!!! *snatches Union Jack and huggles*
Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #47037
Life and times of...

What's a Union Jack?

Ooh, I bet it's a pseudonym for something I said... Did I finally, after all these years, after all the waiting, the hard work with no results, the heartbreak, get a snuggle from you?

Also, if you have WiFi access, better get the most use out of it.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #47038
Stalker of Britain

Oh Up, I didn't know you felt that way about me.

*snuggles Uptimist*
Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #47039
Life and times of...

Awwwww...

Also, I still don't know what Union Jack means... A flag?

Last edited by UPtimist; 11-16-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #47040
tsa
Playing character

It's the British Flag.