You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #44261
Banned User

Ahahahaha awesome huh? I knew you would go to translation...but they pretty much suck... so what I really said is
Well I am obviously bored. Aha! I see you that you went to google translation.Sly?(I don't know if that's correct but whatever), what did you expect me to say? Anyway byeeee
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #44262
tsa
Playing character

Let me do one in Dutch:

Het is buiten koud en het gaat straks regenen. Toch wil ik vanmiddag even naar de stad, want het is goed om buiten te zijn. Ik ga lekker een gebakken visje eten.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #44263
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Leute, was soll das. Dieses Thema ist schon so ausgelaugt, da braucht man nicht weiter Beiträge zu schreiben. Hiermit ernenne ich mich zum offiziellen Gewinner.

Oh, und da steht ein Pferd auf dem Flur.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #44264
tsa
Playing character

No Jazzie, the horse is in the corridor!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #44265

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Indeed. ^^

-

Old 12-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #44266
Banned User

Ouf Je pense que vous etez tous tres tres previsibles! Mais je suis le championne de forum! C'est sur parce que je suis superbe... Je suis sur que vous tous pense le meme chose .
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #44267
tsa
Playing character

There's a nice Dutch song about that too:

't Is moeilijk bescheiden te blijven
wanneer je zo goed bent als ik.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:58 AM   #44268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
Ouf Je pense que vous etez tous tres tres previsibles! Mais je suis le championne de forum! C'est sur parce que je suis superbe... Je suis sur que vous tous pense le meme chose .

Dos ssinssrin ulu jivvin? Al, Usstan tlun nibele ka dos ph'.

-

Old 12-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #44269
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Dos ssinssrin ulu jivvin? Al, Usstan tlun nibele ka dos ph'.

-
Uh...I can't understand you lol. What language is that?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #44270
tsa
Playing character

I think it's Jazzie-speak
Old 12-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #44271
Banned User

aaaa ok lol so I better not know XD
Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #44272

Quote:
Uh...I can't understand you lol. What language is that?
Quote:
I think it's Jazzie-speak
Quote:
aaaa ok lol so I better not know XD

Actually, it's Drow. I said "You want to play? I am game if you are."

I originally wanted to post an old Egyptian text, but I couldn't find my book on hieroglyphics...well, the one I needed at least. I have several.

-

Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #44273
Banned User

Quote:
Actually, it's Drow. I said "You want to play? I am game if you are."

I originally wanted to post an old Egyptian text, but I couldn't find my book on hieroglyphics...well, the one I needed at least. I have several.

-
Wow you know a lot of languages? You must be a geek or something haha...well I am too so don't take this the wrong way (cause people say I'm being obnoxious and rude in the other thread) XD so yea that's actually pretty cool
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #44274
tsa
Playing character

Most people here are geeks, in different gradations

Where did the Drow live Jazzie, in Drowsyland?

And cool that you can read hieroglyphics! Is it difficult? I'm afraid I'm terrible at languages, though I could decipher Nafsika's French and Jazz's German.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #44275
Banned User

Well you must not be that terrible then...I know French and English and Greek of course but I am good at english and greek only...I know french but I am not fluent
Old 12-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #44276

Quote:
Wow you know a lot of languages? You must be a geek or something haha...well I am too so don't take this the wrong way (cause people say I'm being obnoxious and rude in the other thread) XD so yea that's actually pretty cool
Thank you! Yes, I am a bit of a geek. But no, I don't speak Drow fluently myself. I just know where to find a translator on the Internet.

As for the Ancient Egyptian language and culture, it is a bit of a hobby, but I can't read hieroglyphics without help, and even then, not very well (it's the same as with every language. You need to actually learn the language to properly be able to translate it some day).

But I do intend to learn a lot of languages in my life. Currently I only really speak German (native) and English (not native, though I've been mistaken for a native speaker by English people who have known me for a long time. They said "What, you are german?! I thought you were English, you speak it so well. Note that this was in an very international environment here in Germany, where it is not always a given that one is likely to be from Germany). Right now I am learning Spanish.

And I have a veeeeery geeky reason in the back of my mind. Please don't laugh, okay? You see, one of my favourite games is "Knights of the Old Republic", and the main character (who I am not going to reveal much more about), speaks more than 20 languages from all over the Star Wars galaxy. I really liked that main character, and since I love languages anyway (they fascinate me. I have at least 20 different dictionaries and books on the English language alone. Not only recent ones, also on old words. One of them has a rhyme for "silver" in it.), I am trying to be like that that character in at least this small way that I will one day be able to speak an unusual amount of foreign languages.

Oh, and yes, I realise I am not that character. I am not *that* kind of person who tries to *be* a fictional character instead of being themselves. Those kind of people are creepy.

-

Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #44277
tsa
Playing character

I'm always trying to be Superman. I haven't succeeded yet
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #44278
Banned User

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, I am a bit of a geek. But no, I don't speak Drow fluently myself. I just know where to find a translator on the Internet.

As for the Ancient Egyptian language and culture, it is a bit of a hobby, but I can't read hieroglyphics without help, and even then, not very well (it's the same as with every language. You need to actually learn the language to properly be able to translate it some day).

But I do intend to learn a lot of languages in my life. Currently I only really speak German (native) and English (not native, though I've been mistaken for a native speaker by English people who have known me for a long time. They said "What, you are german?! I thought you were English, you speak it so well. Note that this was in an very international environment here in Germany, where it is not always a given that one is likely to be from Germany). Right now I am learning Spanish.

And I have a veeeeery geeky reason in the back of my mind. Please don't laugh, okay? You see, one of my favourite games is "Knights of the Old Republic", and the main character (who I am not going to reveal much more about), speaks more than 20 languages from all over the Star Wars galaxy. I really liked that main character, and since I love languages anyway (they fascinate me. I have at least 20 different dictionaries and books on the English language alone. Not only recent ones, also on old words. One of them has a rhyme for "silver" in it.), I am trying to be like that that character in at least this small way that I will one day be able to speak an unusual amount of foreign languages.

Oh, and yes, I realise I am not that character. I am not *that* kind of person who tries to *be* a fictional character instead of being themselves. Those kind of people are creepy.

-
Hahaha no I get it. You have it down with languages so it's nice. Maybe you'll be the person who has learned the most languages ever...like a guiness record. I would never be able to do that,it is actually very interesting but I had the worst experience with french I'm just glad I am done with them and I got all the certifictes I needed. It's not that I don't like them as a language but I had a hard time with them. But I have to admit that by knowning different languges I have learned a great deal of things about them and the way they think and preceive the world. So I think that by learning languages people grow intellectually.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #44279
tsa
Playing character

Certainly, but I think all people should just speak English. It's an easy language and everyone can learn it and the world will be a better place if everybody can understand each other.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #44280
Banned User

Quote:
Certainly, but I think all people should just speak English. It's an easy language and everyone can learn it and the world will be a better place if everybody can understand each other.
Well people learn english and they speak english when necessary...