You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #31961
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

26% so!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #31962
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

People who don't like guns are also perverts. 100% so.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #31963
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Sewing is for perverts.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #31964
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Sueing is for Perverts.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #31965
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Whatever.

In other news, I've finally finished Mass Effect...

Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #31966

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Whatever.

In other news, I've finally finished Mass Effect...

I'm so proud of you. ^_^ So, what do you think of it?

In other news, it's come to my attention that fruit fetishists are total perverts, getting turned on by something as harmless as a woman with large melons.

-

Old 10-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #31967
Unreliable Narrator

I have a long ways to go before I finish Mass Effect. Which, by the way, is a perverted game.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #31968
The Greater

Ashley Williams is totally hot.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #31969
Unreliable Narrator

She is! I'm disappointed that my female Captain Shepard can't have a relationship with her. Liara's creepy and stalkerish, and Kaidan strikes me as slightly immature.

...pervert.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #31970
The Greater

Really? I though T'soni was kind of annoying if anything. Kaiden was cool, but kind of bland.

On the other hand, Tali is the hottest character in a video game evar. Hotter than Lara Croft. She's even hotter than Alyx Vance. The game sucks for not letting my dude have a relationship with her.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #31971
The Major Grubert.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #31972
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

You know, I find the buttons in that photio more wierd than the hair.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 AM   #31973

Personally, I absolutely *love* Kaidan, though I really like Ashley as a friend too. Liara strikes me as immature.

But really, it is kind of ironic having Kaidan be voiced Raphael Sbarge and Female Shepard by Jennifer Hale. If you played KOTOR, you know why: Mr. Sbarge voiced Carth Onasi in that Game, and Jennifer Hale voiced Bastila Shan, two characters that argued a lot, and were the romance options for female and male players respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Really? I though T'soni was kind of annoying if anything. Kaiden was cool, but kind of bland.

On the other hand, Tali is the hottest character in a video game evar. Hotter than Lara Croft. She's even hotter than Alyx Vance. The game sucks for not letting my dude have a relationship with her.

Of course Tali is hotter than everyone else: With curves like that! And look at that thin waist!

-

Old 10-23-2008, 02:13 AM   #31974
Life and times of...

I was annoyed (sometimes even immensely) by both Kaidan and Ashley. The only one I was able to have the "relationship" with was Liara.

Since it couldn't be done with Tali, of course. The only actually appealing character. The rest are good, but nothing spectacular in my opinion (the rest of the followers, that is)

(Edit): Jazhara((6+8)/2), I know you're looking! Don't even think about it!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 AM   #31975
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I have mixed feelings about Mass Effect. It's a beautiful game, with genuinely cinematic values, but at the same time it feels a bit too much like a glossy remake of Knights of the Old Republic.

That and I found that the subquests actually got boring. Which I can't say about most games like this, but there's only so much driving-the-Mako-around-a-barren-landscape-to-find-an-identikit-base that I can cope with.

Also, the ending managed to be both suitably huge and a letdown from a gameplay perspective.

So, um, yeah. I actually enjoyed it. I'd even go so far as to say that I enjoyed it a lot. But I think it's probably BioWare's worst game in a fair while.

And DIE, THREAD™!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #31976
The Greater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Of course Tali is hotter than everyone else: With curves like that! And look at that thin waist!

I know. I always took her along when I went to the Citadel. It was the only good thing about those long elevator rides.

I avoided the sub-quests, myself, for the reasons you said they got boring.

My biggest annoyance with the entire game is the length. After a game like KoToR, where the player has to go to half a dozen planets, a space station, and a million locations in between, I was expecting a huge game. In Mass Effect, the player travels to three planets and it's over. I almost felt robbed when I reached the ending. I was like "Wait! No, it can't be over yet! It just started, for God's sake!"

Oh, and the face creations system was crap. I couldn't even make a character that looked like Marcus Fenix.

Last edited by Giligan; 10-23-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #31977
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
In Mass Effect, the player travels to three planets and it's over.
It's short? That's great. Maybe I actually will finish the game someday, then.

And Tali is actually more immature-seeming than Liara, so I don't get why she's attractive. I'm not really into younger girls, is probably why. Also, I think Garrus is pretty hot.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #31978

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post

(Edit): Jazhara((6+8)/2), I know you're looking! Don't even think about it!
What?! What did I do?!

Quote:
I know. I always took her along when I went to the Citadel. It was the only good thing about those long elevator rides.

I avoided the sub-quests, myself, for the reasons you said they got boring.

My biggest annoyance with the entire game is the length. After a game like KoToR, where the player has to go to half a dozen planets, a space station, and a million locations in between, I was expecting a huge game. In Mass Effect, the player travels to three planets and it's over. I almost felt robbed when I reached the ending. I was like "Wait! No, it can't be over yet! It just started, for God's sake!"

Oh, and the face creations system was crap. I couldn't even make a character that looked like Marcus Fenix.

Heh, all but the Citadel Tower elevators were actually pretty fast in my game. *huggles Jeshka, her Dual core brand spanking new computer.* ^_^

Also, what's the Turian from the Citadel council doing with Shepard and Wrex in the elevator. Or is that supposed to be Nihlus? If yes, it doesn't make sense either, and he's the wrong colour anyway. But that's not Garrus, as that Turian has the wrong Colony emblem on his face!

Oh, and the face creation utility isn't that bad, really. You just have to take your time and try out different settings, and you can get really great results. Here's my Shepards in order of creation:

Kuonrada Shepard. Colonist, Sole Survivor. Her name is the female form of an archaic version of the name "Conrad". It literally means "Kühner Rat", which translates as "Bold/Brave Counsel".

Elsha Shepard. Spacer, War Hero. Just finished playing her for the first time. My attempt at creating an Asian Shepard. Her name means "Worthy", and I gave her that name because I got the impression that the Asian kids in school always were pushed by their parents to be the best, so this name would reflect the parents expectations of Elsha. And well, as a War Hero I guess she did prove herself Worthy.

Thurse Shepard. Earthborn, Ruthless. Just started playing her. Her name means "A Giant" but also "A Spectre".

Redel Shepard. Earthborn...and I don't remember what. I think War Hero. Her name means "Riddle". I think it sounds vaguely Jewish, but she looks more Irish.

What do you think? These all look pretty good I think. So much about the face manipulation being bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
It's short? That's great. Maybe I actually will finish the game someday, then.

And Tali is actually more immature-seeming than Liara, so I don't get why she's attractive. I'm not really into younger girls, is probably why. Also, I think Garrus is pretty hot.
I also agree that Garrus is quite hot. I was one of the girls wanting a Garrus romance before the game was even released (meaning it wasn't even sure there would be a PC version, and with me not owning an Xbox of any kind, no guarantee I would even get to play this game).

Aimo Rules

See that? My Shepard would be the last, if there was the option.
(Okay, not really. But I still think he's hot, and it's a pity there's not a romance with him. )

Oh, and you'll definitely finish it. I've finished it twice already, and have completed all side quests both times. I would have played more, but in between I took some breaks so the story wouldn't get old.

Of course, if you only complete the main quest planets, then the game would seem rather short. The sidequests are not that bad, though the best is the "Bring Down the Sky" downloadable content (free for anyone using the PC version. ^_^ ) is by far the best and most complex. I read somewhere that they were planning to have the sidequests in Mass Effect 2 be all more like the BDtS mission, which I think would be great. Because that quest really was *GREAT*. ^_^

-

Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #31979
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Elsha Shepard. Spacer, War Hero. Just finished playing her for the first time. My attempt at creating an Asian Shepard. Her name means "Worthy", and I gave her that name because I got the impression that the Asian kids in school always were pushed by their parents to be the best, so this name would reflect the parents expectations of Elsha. And well, as a War Hero I guess she did prove herself Worthy.
My Shepard is also Asian, but older-looking, with squintier eyes, thin lips, and an awesome scar. (I'd post pictures, but I'm at work.) I made her a Ruthless Spacer, and try to roleplay her as a strict disciplinarian, although some of the options I wind up choosing make her a bit more overtly violent than I'd like her to be, as I picture her to be more subdued. Oh, and I named her Ursula, for Little Mermaid-related reasons.

Quote:
See that? My Shepard would be the last, if there was the option.
Hee hee. That was cute. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #31980
The Major Grubert.

Hasslehoff loves Gary Coleman!