You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #28361
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Dunno.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #28362
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Did you even read my post?

-
I did, and although I've heard of Shadowrun many times, I really know nothing about it. However, I can add a few comments about it. I'm just not the type of person who is constanty going on about nothing. Like some people I could mention.

An underbarrel grenade launcher, eh? Cool, but not my style. Give me an M-79 over an M-203 any day. You should post a pic of your character. And what is a P&P game, anyway?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #28363
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I did, and although I've heard of Shadowrun many times, I really know nothing about it. However, I can add a few comments about it. I'm just not the type of person who is constanty going on about nothing. Like some people I could mention.

An underbarrel grenade launcher, eh? Cool, but not my style. Give me an M-79 over an M-203 any day. You should post a pic of your character. And what is a P&P game, anyway?
I didn't just have an underbarrel grenade launcher, but everything from a simple handgun, over an uzi, a sniper rifle, said grenade launcher, and some other stuff. A full arsenal, really.

Hmmm, I don't yet have a drawing of my character, though I'm working on it.

A P&P RPG is a "Pen and Paper" RPG (or rather, Pencil and Paper. You need to be able to erase, too). It's what D&D is, too. You have a character sheet, which you use to create and record your character. The game is directed by the Game Master (GM. In D&D they're also called "Dungeon Master", or DM), who sets up the plot and the encounters, and narrates the scenes and events so the players knows what's going on. The last thing you really need is a set of dice. The D20, or 20 sided die is the most common, though there's also others that are occasionally required. That's all you need. No fancy graphics, or playing stones (though there's miniatures available that can be used if you want. Personally, I've got some miniatures purely for decoration around my room, mostly dragons. Including one that stretches the definition of "Miniature" a bit, as it's 40 cms tall O_O . That's the Colossal Red Dragon.) - All that's required is your imagination.

In this case we played using Yahoo Messenger. That's the advantage of the P&P games: If your group is not within travelling distance (this time we were from two places in Europe, and one in America), you just need an Internet Messenger program. You don't even need dice, in this case, as there's programs you can use for dice throwing instead.

I can go on and on about...well, pretty much everything. I can assure you, it is never nothing - it might just be that you either have no interest in, or simply no clue what I am talking about. I don't tend to notice if I'm doing that, I just love to share knowledge of any kind - knowledge being something I have a lot of, I am told. Combine that with being hyperactive, and having ADHD, and you'll have a friendly girl talking passionately about one topic, suddenly jumping to another one derived from the previous one, and once she's done with that one, suddenly jumping back to the original topic, even though her audience most likely has already forgotten what she had originally been talking about, and are thus slightly confused what happened all of a sudden.

If I am doing that, and you have no interest/no clue, you should tell me. Don't worry, I don't mind, as I'm used to it by now. So don't think I might feel insulted (though it would be nice if you told me you're not interested/have no clue kindly, and not insultingly. ), because I won't.

Also relating to that, I'd never say "You wouldn't understand" to anyone. I don't mind explaining things to people, even several times in a row, because I myself am able to find interest for just anything, and think that everyone has the ability to understand anything, if someone would just explain it. I sometimes don't realise most people are not like me in that. Or that some people say "I don't understand that", but mean "I am not interested", and thus do not really want a detailed, and patiently repeated explanation of the subject at hand.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 04-13-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #28364
The Greater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I didn't just have an underbarrel grenade launcher, but everything from a simple handgun, over an uzi, a sniper rifle, said grenade launcher, and some other stuff. A full arsenal, really.
No machine guns? Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Hmmm, I don't yet have a drawing of my character, though I'm working on it.

A P&P RPG is a "Pen and Paper" RPG. It's what D&D is, too.
Wow. That's... old-school.

Quote:
I can go on and on about...well, pretty much everything. I can assure you, it is never nothing - it might just be that you either have no interest in, or simply no clue what I am talking about. I don't tend to notice if I'm doing that, I just love to share knowledge of any kind - knowledge being something I have a lot of, I am told. Combine that with being hyperactive, and having ADHD, and you'll have a friendly girl talking passionately about one topic, suddenly jumping to another one derived from the previous one, and once she's done with that one, suddenly jumping back to the original topic, even though her audience most likely has already forgotten what she had originally been talking about, and are thus slightly confused what happened all of a sudden.
No, no, no. I didn't mean you when I said about the person that went on and on about nothing. I meant that other dude who hangs around a lot.

On a more serious note, a friends of mine has ADHD, and he's basically what you described. However, if you hadn't said anything now or previous times you've mentioned your ADHD, I would have never known that you had ADHD. After all, it takes quite a bit of attention to have perfect spelling and grammar, and write out fairly long posts as you do.

Quote:
If I am doing that, and you have no interest/no clue, you should tell me. Don't worry, I don't mind, as I'm used to it by now. So don't think I might feel insulted (though it would be nice if you told me you're not interested/have no clue kindly, and not insultingly. ), because I won't.
Not at all. I have few enough friends as it is, taking no interest in the interests of those with whom I associate would get me nowhere.

Last edited by Giligan; 04-13-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #28365
Lovable rogue

You can never have enough hats gloves and shoes.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #28366
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Eats shoots and leaves.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #28367
The Major Grubert.

People don't wear enough hats.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #28368
Unreliable Narrator

Hats don't wear enough people.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #28369
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Hats don't wear enough people.
Except, of course, in Soviet Russia...
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #28370
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Eats shoots and leaves.
No... no... you missed the comma out...

Old 04-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #28371
Unreliable Narrator

sun is out today
but i must stay home and cram
final exams suck
Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #28372
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Tell me about it. Good luck, though .

Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #28373
The Greater

Sounds like loads of fun.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #28374
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Dunno.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #28375
Lovable rogue

I've got some lovely cooking pots coming in from Somalia. I mean, they don't need them, they've got no food to put in them...

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #28376
The Greater

What, they didn't clean out the French's ship before the French captured it back?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #28377
Lovable rogue

I'm also getting some of those lip plates from dead Amazonian Indians. I thought we could sell them as ashtrays. Don't look at me like that, darling. We do take the lip off, you know! Honestly, sweetie...

Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 AM   #28378
Freeware Co-ordinator

To continue posting to this thread you must correctly answer the following question that a pub quiz machine asked me recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Quiz Machine
Which of these words is the odd one out?
  • Tabby
  • Retriever
Research on the internet permitted but ultimately futile.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #28379
Lazy Bee

Jat, you're Ab Fab.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #28380
The Greater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I'm also getting some of those lip plates from dead Amazonian Indians.
Cool. Get me one of those, will you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
To continue posting to this thread you must correctly answer the following question that a pub quiz machine asked me recently.
Research on the internet permitted but ultimately futile.

I say Retriever.