You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #25441
kamikaze hummingbirds

*ears pricking up*
Did Jaz mention some sort of shirtless calendar?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #25442
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm currently watching a report about Alexander Pichushkin, also known as the "Chessboard Killer", who killed up to 63 people in a park, for no particular reason...

...I am not sure, should I feel bad that I had to laugh when Pichushkin, without any facial expression whatsoever said "I had to kill people. What should I have done instead, grow cucumbers?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Jaz is back!

* smiley may be the opposite of intended.

It's good to be back. *hugs Robert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
*ears pricking up*
Did Jaz mention some sort of shirtless calendar?

I'm afraid it's mostly shirtless men. The bioware forums don't allow female shirtlessness, even though the Shirtless Saga is for fans of both male and female characters.

Oh, and speaking of latin:

Sed ut perspiciatis, unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam eaque ipsa, quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt, explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem, quia voluptas sit, aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos, qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt, neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit, amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt, ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit, qui in ea voluptate velit esse, quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum, qui dolorem eum fugiat, quo voluptas nulla pariatur? At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus, qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti, quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint, obcaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa, qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio, cumque nihil impedit, quo minus id, quod maxime placeat, facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet, ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.

I'll be learning Latin in University now. It's a requirement.

Also, I'm currently learning Arabian. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be. The hardest part will probably be learning the vocab. I've already learned several letters (beginning, ending, and middle forms), and have learned how to ask where someone lives, and can say where I live, and say my name and stuff like that.

And we're actually learning the language in a much more understandable way than native speakers learn it, our teacher tells us. When he first started teaching, he went about it the way he learned it in school, with the exception that the people he was teaching it of course didn't know a bit of the language to start from. But he soon found that that didn't work so well. He wrote the book we're working with, and it is very understandable. The reason why it's so easily acessible and makes so much sense is that the guy works in...I'm not sure if it's "Computer Science" or "Informatics". The German word is apparently the same. So anyway, it's very understandable, and fun.

Japanese has been postponed until the Summer term, when there's actually classes.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #25443
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

That's almost enough to make me get off my butt and learn another language.

But that's what I'll be doing at college, right? Why put too much of a workload on myself at the moment? *goes back to writing novel for NaNoWriMo*
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #25444
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #25445
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Actually, I'm sure more than one lumberjack has keeled over from heat stroke.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #25446
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #25447
Chris Barraclough

1273 pages. What the hell is wrong with you people! Kill this mother before it's too late!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #25448

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk View Post
1273 pages. What the hell is wrong with you people! Kill this mother before it's too late!

Matricide is a serious crime, seebsie.

-

Old 11-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #25449
Chris Barraclough

Not when the mother is this frigging stubborn. I'd frankly hoped that you'd have laid it to bed well before now. Ah well, while we're all here, how's it going? Long time no see, you still as crazy as ever Jaz?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #25450
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Too much talking. This Thread™ ain't big enough for the both of us!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #25451
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Oh wie schön ist Panama! Wo die Luft nach Bananen riecht!
No, that's not how the Van Halen lyrics go, and kindly divert your banana scented air from my nose.
Quote:
...I am not sure, should I feel bad that I had to laugh when Pichushkin, without any facial expression whatsoever said "I had to kill people. What should I have done instead, grow cucumbers?".
I laughed, but that's probably not a good endorsement of your actions.
Quote:
I'm afraid it's mostly shirtless men.
Gimme!
Quote:
I'll be learning Latin in University now. It's a requirement.
That must be exciting for you, nothing like a dead language to invigorate the soul! The only latin I know are the sort of things written on coins like Elizabeth II dei gratia regina fidei defensor, and legal terms such as volenti non fit injuria.

Quote:
Also, I'm currently learning Arabian. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be.
I think you'll find that the language of the Arabian people is Arabic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
That's almost enough to make me get off my butt and learn another language.

But that's what I'll be doing at college, right?
No, University is about heavy drinking, late night partying, and anonymous sex.

Quote:
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?
You're probably the last person I thought would recite one of my philosophies on life!

Quote:
*rubs eyes* Chris is back? Just to be sure I'm not imagining things, say something dirty!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Last edited by Jatsie; 11-02-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #25452
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Something dirty.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #25453
Lovable rogue

And then you go and spoil it all by saying something dirty, like... . .... ...

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 11-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #25454
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

"Something dirty."

Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #25455
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
*rubs eyes* Chris is back? Just to be sure I'm not imagining things, say something dirty!
Hairy flange.

It's me baby!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #25456
Lovable rogue

Good times.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #25457
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #25458
Lovable rogue

...it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness...

Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #25459

Quote:
Not when the mother is this frigging stubborn. I'd frankly hoped that you'd have laid it to bed well before now. Ah well, while we're all here, how's it going? Long time no see, you still as crazy as ever Jaz?
But...I don't want to kill Jelena...she's a good Mom. I don't want to kill my real life Mom either, as she's a good Mom too.

And yup, I'm still as crazy, if not even more.

Quote:
I laughed, but that's probably now a good endorsement of your actions.
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one apart from my mother who found what the guy said funny.

Quote:
Gimme!
I'll be sure to send you the files once it's done, so you can print it out like everyone else.

Quote:
That must be exciting for you, nothing like a dead language to invigorate the soul! The only latin I know are the sort of things written on coins like Elizabeth II dei gratia regina fidei defensor, and legal terms such as volenti non fit injuria.
Oh, latin is nice. And it helps understanding Italian.

Quote:
I think you'll find that the language of the Arabian people is Arabic.
I knew it sounded fishy. I just couldn't remember the correct form.

Quote:
No, University is about heavy drinking, late night partying, and anonymous sex.
Um...I still live in my parents house? Not to mention the fact that I am not interested in any of those things.

Quote:

Yay! Welcome back, Seebsie!

Quote:
Not in any of the choirs that I sing in (or conduct) at the moment.

And for what it's worth, the frilly collar ("ruff") tends not to be worn by older people anyway, and the white gown/dress ("surplus"; normally worn on top of a "cassock") tends to be worn by specifically church choirs. At college we were gowns (yay for Oxford being weird and giving you a gown of some description before you graduate).

I totally forgot to comment on this earlier. You really must be tired, or else there wouldn't be as many spelling mistakes as there are in that post.

-

Last edited by Jazhara7; 11-02-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #25460
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Um...I still live in my parents house?
Oh dear, you should remedy this, half the university experience is about living by yourself away from home. It's a time of freedom, liberation, fending for yourself, and possible malnutrition.