Thread Must Die! - Page 1209 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #24161
Lovable rogue

You should just turn to the Dark Side then, you feel the temptation, succumb to it! You know you want to!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #24162
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
You should just turn to the Dark Side then, you feel the temptation, succumb to it! You know you want to!

Oh, it's not that I can't use them. In fact, I think I don't even get Dark Side points for using them despite being Light Side. It's just that the amount of Force I have to use is a lot higher than using a neutral or Light Side power if I use a power on the opposite side of the spectrum.

And I didn't want to use it in game anyway, as I really didn't see the need for it, or felt the desire to use it.

It was in real life when talking to my mother about the game an its background that I wanted to force choke George Lucas (I actually made the movement to the side, and said "Force Choke"). I didn't think much about it, it was a reflex. Though I think it would have a certain irony to have him be punished with something from his own creation.

Oh, and in case you're wondering *why* I wanted to Force Choke George Lucas of all people, it's because he said that Star Wars was a story "for boys", which is why the canon *I* still remember running around in bath robes and adjustable broomsticks with one of my best friends (who is also a girl) back in primary school, playing pretend that we were Jedi Knights. Cuno (who died earlier this year, as you will remember. Big, cute, though slightly stupid Doberman, you know. But absolutely loveable) was Darth Vader, and Cora, our other dog was Chewbacca (I think she was Chewbacca. I don't remember.).

I even actually enjoyed playing "Star Wars: Rebellion" (look it up, and see why that's so different. It's not like the other games.).

I'm not really complaining about the fact that the canon main character of KOTOR is male. Keck, my version will always be female, and that's all that matters to me. It's that reason he gave, that Star Wars is "for boys", that makes me so mad. Had he not added that, I would not have given a second thought to wheter or not the character is canonically male (in fact, I doesn't really matter to me even though he gave that reason for it. [And after all, they even give you the option at the beginning of KOTOR 2 to tell if your character was Female or Male, Dark or Light side at the end of KOTOR. So even if it did matter to me, there would be no reason to annoy me.] It's really just the reason that gets me riled up. ).

So yeah. *Force Chokes George Lucas*

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #24163
Lovable rogue

I just found a mutant fruit in my garden. There, hanging from the tree, was a Siamese apple! It's quite a curious little thing.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #24164

Quote:
I just found a mutant fruit in my garden. There, hanging from the tree, was a Siamese apple! It's quite a curious little thing.

We once found a potatoe shaped like Mickey Mouse if you looked at it one way, and like a duck if you looked at it from the other way.

-

Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #24165
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
We once found a potatoe shaped like Mickey Mouse if you looked at it one way, and like a duck if you looked at it from the other way.
POTATO!

I'm going to find a nice old lady to turn my mutant apple into a pie. I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a Fanny Cradock around here somewhere.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #24166

Quote:
POTATO!

I'm going to find a nice old lady to turn my mutant apple into a pie. I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a Fanny Cradock around here somewhere.

Whoops, my finger slipped.

-

Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #24167
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Let's call the whole thing off!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #24168
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Whateve®.

Oh, and Jaz, get Throw Lightsaber. Guaranteed hits are fun. Particularly if you want to defeat the final boss the hard way.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #24169
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I ended up taking dark side points for persuading the droid shop owner to give me the droid (that you need to get into the sith base). I had spent all my money helping people, and buying med packs, and couldn't earn enough money to buy it from her.
I'm also currently playing the game, my character's called "something" Organa. I've just reached Dantooine, and done the bridge mission, but haven't got Juhani jet. Going to try to play the rest as purely good though. And get a lot of points into computer, which I didn't plan first, but after seeing my bf really fail to release the prisoners on Korriban, I changed my mind..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 09-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #24170
kamikaze hummingbirds

*sleeps calmly*
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #24171
Lovable rogue

*sounds an air horn next to Hammerite*

Old 09-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #24172
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quit3.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #24173
Lovable rogue

Clitoris.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #24174

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Whateve®.

Oh, and Jaz, get Throw Lightsaber. Guaranteed hits are fun. Particularly if you want to defeat the final boss the hard way.

I even had Advanced Throw Lightsaber.

I basically completed the game with Force Whirlwind, Stasis Field, and Advanced Throw Lightsaber (and in the case of Droids, "Destroy Droid"). I also at the end had "Force Immunity", but I didn't actually use it.

I had twelve levels of Jedi Consular. Maybe I should have waited with the levelling a bit before becoming one, but that's the way it is. Why does levelling stop at level 20?!

It was very useful, but it ate a lot more force than "Destroy Droid". I think it might have been a neutral power.

But it was very effective, especially when throwing my double bladed lightsaber using the Mantle of the Force, Solari and Rubat crystals.

-

Old 09-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #24175
kamikaze hummingbirds

I was so evil in that game...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #24176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I ended up taking dark side points for persuading the droid shop owner to give me the droid (that you need to get into the sith base). I had spent all my money helping people, and buying med packs, and couldn't earn enough money to buy it from her.
I'm also currently playing the game, my character's called "something" Organa. I've just reached Dantooine, and done the bridge mission, but haven't got Juhani jet. Going to try to play the rest as purely good though. And get a lot of points into computer, which I didn't plan first, but after seeing my bf really fail to release the prisoners on Korriban, I changed my mind..

Oh damn, that was the one thing I forgot in the Korriban base. I was planning to free them when I had more persuade skills, but then forgot and when I came back, they were gone.

Getting lots of computer skills will also help you to get more of HK-47's old memories, too. It's truly worth it.

-

Old 09-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #24177
The Thread™ will die.

Okay. Go away again now, Jaz... you're cramping my Thread™-killing style.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #24178
Lovable rogue

Vulva.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #24179
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Vas Deferens.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #24180
Lovable rogue

Vasectomy.