You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #21681
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Hammykins, you should watch Dead Poets' Society, then seize the day.

*Stands on table* Oh Captain, my Captain!

We actually did that at the end of the school year for one of our teachers with whom we had watched the movie.

I second that.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #21682
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You were flirting with your teacher?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #21683
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Why not? Teachers are totally hot.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #21684
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Uh-huh.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #21685
Unreliable Narrator

So you agree with me, then?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #21686
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Not really. Maybe I just had the wrong teachers.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #21687

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
You were flirting with your teacher?

Nah, not really. While he was a nice guy, he was a bit strange.

Also, that class was in my German school. Meaning most of the 35 or so students were assholes. Actually, all but 3 of them were. And bullies, too. I didn't like them.

That action of "Oh Captain, my Captain" was the only thing planned by that class that might have been fun, but it felt uncomfortable to do something like that with them. I didn't actually stood on my table. I crouched. It felt *wrong*. If I had know them better, trusted them, then maybe I might have stood. But I didn't, so I crouched, hiding.

And if you ask me? I think most of them didn't really get the point of that movie. Thickheads, all of them. And cowards, too.

I'm calling them thickheads, because of something that happened in the Geography lesson one time. I had one day realised that when you're in southern Australia (south of the tropic of Capricorn), the sun is standing in the North, and in some parts of Australia, depending on the time of year the sun will be standing in the north or the south (if you're north of the tropic of Capricorn, but south of the Equator. To be sure, I asked the teacher if that was right. He started a whole discussion to find out the truth, and came to the conclusion that the sun is *always* in the south no matter where on the globe you are. Yeah. Even if you're in Antarctica, at the south pole, I'm sure. So the teacher is a thickhead, so used to facts that might only apply to a certain area, that he isn't able to use his brain and simple logic. And the other students are thickheads too, because they also didn't use their brains. But if anyone of them actually did use their brain, then they didn't rais their voice, making them a coward. The only thing that is a fact all over the world (except maybe the poles, because you can't really determine more than one direction of the compass if you're standing at the pole. But seriously, how often are you standing at the poles in your life?) is that the sun rises in the East, and sets in the West. If that's not the case, something is severely wrong.

Seriously, people too often take things for granted, because they are too lazy to think properly and question things. I pity them. I really do. This is one of the times I am thankful for having ADHD, because it means I am always thinking, always questioning things, and considering and thinking about things that others might not think about because they take it for granted. It's like having the curiosity of a child, but with the knowledge and mind of an adult. It makes life more interesting.

-

Old 07-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #21688
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I feel like I've opened a can of worms there.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #21689
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Seriously, people too often take things for granted, because they are too lazy to think properly and question things. I pity them. I really do. This is one of the times I am thankful for having ADHD, because it means I am always thinking, always questioning things, and considering and thinking about things that others might not think about because they take it for granted. It's like having the curiosity of a child, but with the knowledge and mind of an adult. It makes life more interesting.
It's definitely a gift. I don't have ADHD (or at least, I've never been tested for it), but I can safely say that what you just said applies to me too.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #21690
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

So, as Monk would say: "It's a gift. And a curse."

(Die, Thread™.)

Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #21691
Lovable rogue

Die, RLacey's avatar-with-a-face-like-a-slapped-arse.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #21692
Unreliable Narrator

Die, androgynous kissing people!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #21693
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my Thread, prepare to die!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #21694
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Whatever.

DIE, THREAD™!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 AM   #21695
Lovable rogue

Just a little to the left.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #21696
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Whatever.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #21697
Lovable rogue

DIE, THREAD™!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #21698
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Sounds like a party.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #21699
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I had one day realised that when you're in southern Australia (south of the tropic of Capricorn), the sun is standing in the North, and in some parts of Australia, depending on the time of year the sun will be standing in the north or the south (if you're north of the tropic of Capricorn, but south of the Equator. To be sure, I asked the teacher if that was right. He started a whole discussion to find out the truth, and came to the conclusion that the sun is *always* in the south no matter where on the globe you are. Yeah. Even if you're in Antarctica, at the south pole, I'm sure. So the teacher is a thickhead, so used to facts that might only apply to a certain area, that he isn't able to use his brain and simple logic. And the other students are thickheads too, because they also didn't use their brains. But if anyone of them actually did use their brain, then they didn't rais their voice, making them a coward. The only thing that is a fact all over the world (except maybe the poles, because you can't really determine more than one direction of the compass if you're standing at the pole. But seriously, how often are you standing at the poles in your life?) is that the sun rises in the East, and sets in the West. If that's not the case, something is severely wrong.
Well, strictly speaking, the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West only twice a year, on Equinoxes. Whereas eg. now in July, the rise and set are observed north of those directions. (And that is true everywhere on the planet, only how far north of them varies considerably. Somewhere over the rainbow close enough from the North/South Pole, it technically should both rise and set exactly in the North, and it's beyond that latitude that polar day/night, respectively, is being observed at the moment.)

You were totally right in what you told your teacher, though.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #21700

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Well, strictly speaking, the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West only twice a year, on Equinoxes. Whereas eg. now in July, the rise and set are observed north of those directions. (And that is true everywhere on the planet, only how far north of them varies considerably. Somewhere over the rainbow close enough from the North/South Pole, it technically should both rise and set exactly in the North, and it's beyond that latitude that polar day/night, respectively, is being observed at the moment.)

You were totally right in what you told your teacher, though.

Well, I knew that, but it basically sums it up enough that rises roughly in the East and sets in the west, basically. Except on the poles, like I said. I just wanted to keep it short, you know.

And thanks.

-