You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Uwe Boll is the King!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Uwe Boll is the King!

In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege tale

http://www.fantasticfilmsinternation...d.html#dungeon

I guess someone has been watching a little bit too much Lord of the Rings and Matrix movies lately?

Matthew Lillard and Ray Liotta just kill me with their performances.
Totally fantastic comedy material.

I AM YOUR KING!

What do you think?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Oh, look, a slow-mo kick.

Has Boll learnt nothing?

You've gotta love John Rhys-Davies, though . Actually, he looks like he's doing the best job.

:EDIT: The acting is terrible. And what is it about Boll that he can't even release a trailer that makes the film look exciting?

:EDIT 2: "I will have my vengeance." Wow, so the guy has seen Gladiator...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

From the Fantastic Films International website:

Quote:
FANTASTIC FILMS INTERNATIONAL, LLC is a self-styled, efficient operation with a commitment to finding and distributing quality, independent films internationally. Our goal is to make FFI a brand that ensures independent excellence and maximum return to our international buyers. We accomplish this by acquiring only a few new films each year that are worthy of the "Fantastic" label. This standard also gives each new "fantastic" film the attention they deserve.
Never has the use of quotation marks been more appropriate.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
capsized.

^ Pure
Spoiler:
(Nazi)
gold. If I knew the game, I'd even consider watching it. (Maybe).
Old 11-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #5
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

What a horrid poster. And is it just me or do lots of these high-profile actors look strangely out of place and uncomfortable? Where is the visual connection to the original games? This could be any fantasy film. Horrible!

edit: You will also notice they misspelled "Siege" on the back of the press sheet poster. LOL!

Last edited by eriq; 11-25-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

I find interesting how this man is reacting to being stabbed before actually being stabbed.

... mhhh, no, that wasn't interesting, that was sad.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #7
capsized.

First postal trailers released (there are two more, check the related links): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNoQCokHo8

Utter p0wnage.

Last edited by samIamsad; 05-04-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #8
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I love Dungeon Siege... *Sigh* I would of loved it if he kept the same style at least.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 AM   #9
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
I love Dungeon Siege... *Sigh* I would of loved it if he kept the same style at least.

*pokes* That's "would have", not "would of".[/Grammar Nazi]

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Now THAT is a movie trailer.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
capsized.

And here are the first couple o' minutes of the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMje81sRJZQ

Er,... LOL??!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
capsized.

Also (1), WTF? Is that Ron "uber badass" Perlman on that Dungeon Siege poster?!

Also (2), BAHAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #13

GYAAAAHH UUWWWUUAH!!!

A dungeon siege movie? Why? The game had less depth than most NES titles. Anything would make a better basis for a movie than that. you could probably make better movies out of the games the angry nintendo nerd reviews.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #14
capsized.

Well, about Postal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe
VK: You appear as yourself in the film. What can you tell readers about the scene and was it in any way difficult spoofing yourself and doing action sequences?

UB: I had a lot of fun as the Nazi owner of 'The Little Germany Theme Park'. There's been numerous accusations on the internet, that my films are financed with Nazi Gold. I took advantage of this bit of internet press and announced in the film POSTAL, that my movies are in fact financed with Nazi Gold.
(http://sknr.net/index.php?option=com...=898&Itemid=75)

Everyting from the terrorist spoof to this.. is so totally not PC. Wait a minute... just like the game! He *might* be on to something. I can see this either working or ending up as the most embarassing bunch of turd ever. I mean, he's not Monty Python, or is he? We shall see. (First "review"?)

Last edited by samIamsad; 05-04-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #15
The Major Grubert.

Sorry, but this cow has already been tossed by The Onion. Boll is a ripoff. Note that The Onion did this in September 2001.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #16
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Also (1), WTF? Is that Ron "uber badass" Perlman on that Dungeon Siege poster?!
Yeha, Ronnie boy is in Dungeon Siege.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #17
capsized.

Ron's nice. Ben Kingsley.. now this.

Quote:
That’s the thing, and I think Postal is made in that kind of tradition, more like over the top, Naked Gun comedy, where you don’t have the typical … actually let me back up for a second, in the last few years all the big comedies, are love stories. Meet the Fockers, whatever, you have tones of funny comedies, but its all this ‘boy meets girl’, and in the 80’s we had comedies that were more political, and with Postal we go a little back in the time when the Blues Bothers were there, and I love that movie and I hope also that a lot of people want to see a movie like this, where you don’t have that over and over told romantic comedy. Like even every Adam Sandler comedy now, has made that you get the last 20 minutes, that you sit there and cry in your chair, because everybody's so poor, yeah. I think its time to make an old fashion comedy where you have a blast from beginning to the end.

Some people will be … like my parents, they were very upset with me. They saw 10 minutes and said “How could you do that, this is ridiculous”, and I said “Yeah, but I didn’t make that movie for your generation”. My friends here laughed their asses off, and they love it!

Yug: I think that’s great, I’m personally sick of watching funny movies, like you said, the last 20 minutes the boy gets the girl, its all emotional … what happened to all the funny bits?!

Uwe: Exactly, even to all the people that didn’t get the girl in the end.

Matt: Yeah!

Uwe: That’s the thing, with Postal I felt like after video game based movies, its time to sit down and go back to my roots. I started with German frat movies, like the German version of Kentucky Fried movies, where we made fun out of anything. And funny enough, in 1991 we made a joke, an Iraq show, because there was an Iraq war with Bush’s father as president.

Matt: It’s like deja vu isn’t it.

Uwe: And now, 2006 I’ve made another movie and we have again an Iraq war, and again we’re making fun out of it. To be honest, I’m tired of movies like … I hated the World Trade Center with Nicolas Cage, I cannot believe that Oliver Stone made a movie like this, loosing his critical … lets say ‘edge’. And ‘Flags of our Fathers’ I thought was one of the worst war movies ever, from Clint Eastward, I couldn’t believe it. If I had directed the Flags of our Fathers, I would have gotten the Raspberry for that, or the Golden Razzies, or whatever for the worst movie of the year. I think its really bad, boring, and after 10 minutes you know exactly what will happen at the end of the movie. And this isn’t also exactly what happens. It’s all a commentary.

Postal gives everybody shit, Tom Cruise gets roasted in Postal with his Scientology shit, all the tree hugging idiots getting grilled, and the Taliban, Islam, the Germans, everybody.
(http://www.australiangamer.com/featu...interview.html)

Anyway, either this movie is gonna change our smallish little Worlds forever (), or it's gonna put up Dr. Boll on the death lists of severall wrong people (like: ALL people).
Old 05-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #18
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
I mean, he's not Monty Python, or is he? We shall see. (First "review"?)

Reading that review, I would say he's definitely *NOT* Monty Python (leaving aside for now that nobody can be like Monty Python). Monty Python was suitable for kids viewing it, to a certain degree. I mean, I watched it as a kid, and didn't get messed up by it (I just ended up having a wicked and twisted sense of humour). And what he mentions in that review, does not seem suitable for children at all.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Reading that review, I would say he's definitely *NOT* Monty Python.
Just you wait. This movie's going to.. going to.. well I don't know what. A comparison to definitely non-PC slapstick nonsense like "Kentucky Fried Movie" seems more appropriate until further notice, ok.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #20

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I just went on to Dark Horizons a few minutes ago to see if there were any new news updates.

I noticed that Uwe Boll is planning to make another new film adaptation of a popular Computer Game. What made me very unhappy, though, is that the game he's turning into a movie is "Far Cry."

Now, I've never played the game, but I do know that a lot of people absolutely loved this game when it was released in 2004, including the critics. Plus, the movie is not going to be set in Hawaii, as I hoped. It's instead going to be set in Vancouver.

Here's the web site address to the article. Read it and have a good "cry."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070505b.php