You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Best online place to buy stuff (for Europe)?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos
Default Best online place to buy stuff (for Europe)?

Well, I got my Visa the other day (I'm an adult consumer! Yay!), and I just remembered that I can now buy... stuff... with it.

*AHEM*

But I can ALSO shop games and movies and books on the net! And as easy as it would be to just google around, it would be much more convenient if you guys just told me about all the cheap, hazzle-free, ships-to-Norway websites out there.

Please?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Some of the Swedish sites ships to Norway I think.

Here are some anyway (in no particular order):

http://www.bokus.se/
http://www.ginza.se/
http://www.webhallen.se/
http://www.softwareexpress.se/

Have a nice shopping spree!

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 12-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
AKA Morte

EU prices! Yay!

... Allthough three of them doesn't ship to Norway and the one who does was the most expensive....

EDIT: And they didn't have broken Sword, either...
Old 12-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #4
Ooh, Betty!

I think Amazon.co.uk ships to Norway, but then I could be wrong.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #5
soffistical

http://www.play.com

Now, I almost always use them, they're cheap and reliable. However, they are the ones I pre-ordered Uru from... :eek: But I've used them a lot, and will continue to do so.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
AKA Morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma

Now, I almost always use them, they're cheap and reliable. However, they are the ones I pre-ordered Uru from... :eek: But I've used them a lot, and will continue to do so.

Wow, thanks Em!

I impulse-bought BS3 and KOTOR right away!It was SCARILYcheap compared to Norway.....:eek: (Let's just say that I technically only pay for ONE of the games....)
Old 12-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #7
soffistical

LOL! That's how I feel too, why buy one, when you can get two for the same price you would have had to pay elsewhere in a store... The DVD's are pretty damn cheap too, check out the bargains... And the music. So it's a good place for the wallet, definately.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
comfortably numb

play.com is definitely the place, I use them all the time and they don't charge anything for shipping. That's where I do like 90% of all my DVD shopping. You should, however, look into your country's customs and tax information; if you order something of value (like a DVD boxset perhaps), you may need to pay extra to get it through customs. Especially since Norway isn't part of the EU.

Amazon.com and .co.uk also ship almost anywhere, but there's always the shipping charges that you have to remember. I've used both in the past to get CDs and books not available in Finland. The British site is fast (it took three or four days for a CD to arrive) but their prices are a bit higher; the U.S. site has a more extensive catalogue but shipping to Europe is kind of pricey and slow.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:02 AM   #9
Knowledgeable

Quote:

I've had bad experience with play.com. I bought my Jeeves & Wooster DVD:s there and they shipped it in four separate pacakages and I had to pay customs tariffs four times. I certainly won't buy from them anymore.

DVDBoxOffice is much better in my experience (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/)

Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 12-04-2003, 12:57 AM   #10
soffistical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar
I've had bad experience with play.com. I bought my Jeeves & Wooster DVD:s there and they shipped it in four separate pacakages and I had to pay customs tariffs four times. I certainly won't buy from them anymore.

DVDBoxOffice is much better in my experience (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/)
That's odd? I've never had to pay customs for their deliveries? :eek: Considering it's a EU thing too, you shouldn't have had to either, I'm assuming? Weird. DVDBoxOffice, on the other hand, I almost ALWAYS have to pay extra for customs. Go figure, lol! Good place though!
Old 12-04-2003, 01:15 AM   #11
Knowledgeable

Quote:
That's odd? I've never had to pay customs for their deliveries? :eek: Considering it's a EU thing too, you shouldn't have had to either, I'm assuming? Weird. DVDBoxOffice, on the other hand, I almost ALWAYS have to pay extra for customs. Go figure, lol! Good place though!
Play.com is placed on Jersey if I'm not mistaken, which has some special relationship towards EU much like Åland I think. What I know for certain is that I had to pay customs with play.com and not for DVDBoxOffice. But i always prefer to buy things within Sweden. Books from Bokus.se is very nice, because they give you an invoice and their shipping fee is very small (19 SEK last time I bought there).

Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 12-04-2003, 02:31 AM   #12

play.com is great. Quite apart from the free delivery and great prices, they have the best customer service I ever encountered. I usually get their parcels within either 2 or 3 days or ordering, but on one ocassion a package got lost. After only 14 days (to make sure it really was lost) they gave me the option of my money back or them sending it again, and it arrived within 3 days of my complaint .. which is very, very drastically opposed to service I've got from other internet sites.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:40 AM   #13
Head up in the clouds

Darn you, emma! I had no intention to, but I just bought the new LOTR CD from play.com although I'm short on money.
It's not (yet) available in Germany, it's cheaper and with free shipping, how could I resist? *Arrghh*
Old 12-04-2003, 02:42 AM   #14
soffistical

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughy white
Darn you, emma! I had no intention to, but I just bought the new LOTR CD from play.com although I'm short on money.
It's not (yet) available in Germany, it's cheaper and with free shipping, how could I resist? *Arrghh*
You're welcome, my dear!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:52 AM   #15
AKA Morte

I'm pretty sure I have to pay a tariff (For items worth more than 200 kr, which is about 8 krs less than what BS3 costs ). That's not too bad though, since here BS3 would cost AT LEAST 450 kr.... (If it's ever coming out here...) Too bad there's no option to hold your order, though... KOTOR isn't out until tomorrow, so they'll be sending it seperately...

So anyway, YAY! Thanks so much, everyone!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:55 AM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

play.com is the best, I've used it for a year now, and I have absolutely no complaints about them.

I buy 95% of my dvd's from them, they are fast, reliable and it's good that they deliver always every item in separate packages.

Because if they would deliver them in one box, they total price would always attract the customs officers.

The customs ratings for Finland are showed at

http://www.tulli.fi/tietoa_ja_ohjeit...et-kauppa.html

that's where I know how much I can pay for one item, so that the price will go under the customs rates.

So I guess other countries have also their customs rates on display somewhere?

Although my friend ordered one expensive box set in summer, and it went like 30-40 euros over the rates, but still he didn't have to pay any customs, he only had to pick up the box from the customs office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Too bad there's no option to hold your order, though... KOTOR isn't out until tomorrow, so they'll be sending it seperately...
They would send it separately anyway