Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Anyone bin so in love that ya can´t think about anything else? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/11296-anyone-bin-so-love-ya-can%C2%B4t-think-about-anything-else.html)

Tinariwen 10-18-2005 12:12 AM

Anyone bin so in love that ya can´t think about anything else?

My question is just: Have you ever bin so in love that you can´t think about anything else?

squarejawhero 10-18-2005 12:18 AM

Yes.

Um...

Anything else?

Tinariwen 10-18-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Yes.

Um...

Anything else?

I just think it is a rather weird feneomenom couse it is like a wounderful drug, but it is natural!

squarejawhero 10-18-2005 12:23 AM

It can be wonderful.

But only if the love is reciprocated, otherwise it can be the worst thing in the world.

Tinariwen 10-18-2005 12:24 AM

Quote:

It can be wonderful.

But only if the love is reciprocated, otherwise it can be the worst thing in the world.

Guess that is true, i have never felt unreciprocated love, guess I am lucky

squarejawhero 10-18-2005 12:25 AM

;) Then yes, you're lucky!

Melanie68 10-18-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

It can be wonderful.

Yes. It's been so damn long, I've forgotten.

Quote:

Absolutely!! That's when you have to move on and find someone who will accept your love and give it back (which can be difficult to do when you're swamped by the feeling).

Tinariwen 10-18-2005 12:30 AM

).[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!! That's when you have to move on and find someone who will accept your love and give it back (which can be difficult to do when you're swamped by the feeling).[/QUOTE]
yeah, I got friends that can´t meet girls couse they are so down after beind dumped or ignored.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-18-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinariwen
yeah, I got friends that can´t meet girls couse they are so down after beind dumped or ignored.

That's nothing. After my ex screwed me over I couldn't be with anyone for 8 years and I had tons of men who wanted me. I just ran away from them, and meanwhile I was amassing a huge amount of phone numbers and breaking hearts. Yeah, my self esteem was.....well, I had no self esteem. :crazy:

Once I briefly dated this extremely sweet fellow and we got home to my front door and he told he was falling in love with me. I immediately put my finger over his lips and said, "No, please. I'm sorry, I can't. Be careful." I couldn't tell him I didn't deserve him and spent the rest of the night bawling in bed alone.

But to answer your query about being so in love you can't think of anything else? No, I haven't immediately fallen head over heels in love yet. Thus far it's been that I'm in denial or I think I'm a pathetic shit who deserves nothing even remotely resembling love. The man I'm with now fell in love with me, and I cried myself to sleep for two whole weeks in the process of getting the f#&k over my neurotic self and finally accepting the fact that yes, I must finally allow myself.

I'm a sad case, ain't I?

Trep

samIamsad 10-18-2005 03:07 AM

When everything you'll get is
everything that you've wanted, princess
well which would you prefer

My finger on the trigger, or
(me face down, down across your floor)
Me face down, down across your floor
(me face down, down across your floor)
Well just so long as this thing's loaded

*SCREAMS*

Err, I had been an emo wuss! I'm over it.

Maybe.

Yeah, over it! WHY?! You fuc%in' c*nt, YOU FUC%IN' w**re! You cost what you're worth. WHY!? OH WHY!?????

Over it. :shifty:

saucyminx 10-18-2005 03:46 AM

He is always in my mind, day and night. Growing up, I knew I was meant to be devoted to him all my life. Some call it obsession. Some call it... a calling. My mom is naturally worried. But I don't care. I want to spend the rest of my life nurturing him. I want to be married to no other... but my ambition.

Ok, so some people think I'm an overly-ambitious workaholic. I don't care. I'm happy :)

squarejawhero 10-18-2005 04:21 AM

Or you could just be a bright, intelligent young woman who's easily bored and finds things to do.

/signed workaholic #2

Ninth 10-18-2005 06:24 AM

Ambition is a boy? It's a girl in french...

Hm... :crazy:

Hammerite 10-18-2005 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinariwen
My question is just: Have you ever bin so in love that you can´t think about anything else?

I am at the moment.

RLacey 10-18-2005 06:50 AM

Yes and no. Kind of.

I've never *literally* been unable to think of anything else.

Which is a good things, because nothing has ever happened as a result :).

Sage 10-18-2005 07:26 AM

I have, quite recently in fact.
In early August I fell cross-eyed, stupid in love with someone. They weren't available, so I never told them how I felt nor did I act on those feelings.
In late August, I found out that someone else felt this way about me (me?!?).
On balance, I'd say this is more raging infatuation than love in the truest sense. It's still a scary, fun, gut-wrenching rollercoaster to ride, though.

ScottMate

SoccerDude28 10-18-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira
He is always in my mind, day and night. Growing up, I knew I was meant to be devoted to him all my life. Some call it obsession. Some call it... a calling. My mom is naturally worried. But I don't care. I want to spend the rest of my life nurturing him. I want to be married to no other... but my ambition.

Ok, so some people think I'm an overly-ambitious workaholic. I don't care. I'm happy :)

Is ambition another word for SJH? :D

Fairygdmther 10-18-2005 10:57 AM

Love is a thing of trust - you have to trust someone you love. To be head-over-heels in love with someone is the ultimate trust and you're open to the ultimate in hurt because you're so vulnerable. On the other hand, if you haven't opened yourself to this kind of love, you can't know what a totally joyous and thrilling experience it can be.

Even with Scott, when he knew it couldn't go anywhere, he still opened his heart, and gave his love and trust to this other person, wholly and without any walls between them. This is the ultimate in love, and only when you've experienced this can you truly admit to have been head-over-heels, 100% in love. Without that kind of commitment, you have walls between you, and never will reach a closeness that is special.

Don't ever regret what you do when in love. Being able to give that way is a gift that not everyone can, or even wants to experience, sadly. I've been in love this way, and the world just seems to be a more beautiful place to live in.

Lynsie

Dark Veil 10-18-2005 02:04 PM

Love is just a moment of weakness that allows someone to hurt you as much as possible.
(rings a bell, doesn't it :P)
At the moment I'm so kneedeep in shit that I can hardly think of anything else but the person I still love,
and will always love unconditionally...
Veilie

Yet still no life without love, right?
Why else would someone say: "Love? Love is for the living..."
To anyone that's in love at the moment; I wish you all the best and may it last you a lifetime, you people deserve all the joy that life / love can bring.

eventhough I have experienced that love makes the brightest of days and the darkest of nights...

saucyminx 10-18-2005 02:49 PM

On a serious note, yeah, I have. It happened once.