You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Post Your Pets!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 AM   #21
capsized.

A goddamn generic house spider. (Heh, I was just kidding, though I've seen one in my room lately). I'd love to have a budgie again.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:16 AM   #22
Epinionated.

Damn dude, some people might be arachnophobic. I've known people to actually collapse from photo's like that.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:19 AM   #23
merely human

Well, I myself did nearly faint when I saw your pic for the very first time.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-13-2005, 05:10 AM   #24
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

(flinches from SamSad's pic)

Sorry, I hate to be disrespectful of other people's pets, but, gah!

Anyhoo. Here's a few pics of my keeteeng that I happen to have already uploaded (OK, he's not a kitten any more, but he's cute as one, IMHO, and he still has a squeaky meow). His name is Rainy, but I keep thinking I should have named him Nermal. (Garfield fans will know what I mean.)

http://miscfile.alienharmony.com/rai...-half-open.jpg
http://miscfile.alienharmony.com/rainy-eyes-open.jpg
http://miscfile.alienharmony.com/satan-rainy.jpg

It's weird, he's the only cat I've seen who loves to lay all curled up on his side like that.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 10-13-2005, 05:35 AM   #25
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Damn dude, some people might be arachnophobic. I've known people to actually collapse from photo's like that.
There are a lot of spiders around here. I hate spiders. They go down the toilet every time one of them tries to invade "my personal space" which is this apartment.

One time my friend came here about 1,5 months ago and he was only hear for about 5 hours, but when he left, it was pitch black outside and we went to check his bicycle just out of curiosity. There was 12 spiders hanging around on different spots on the bicycle.

(Two had even created cobwebs, which were very big, and actually looked awesome. The only two things spiders are good for are that they eat other insects and create cobwebs that look wonderful.)

He like freaked out and I had to remove all the spiders myself, even though I hate spiders. I really do.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:52 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
There are a lot of spiders around here. I hate spiders. They go down the toilet every time one of them tries to invade "my personal space" which is this apartment.

One time my friend came here about 1,5 months ago and he was only hear for about 5 hours, but when he left, it was pitch black outside and we went to check his bicycle just out of curiosity. There was 12 spiders hanging around on different spots on the bicycle.

(Two had even created cobwebs, which were very big, and actually looked awesome. The only two things spiders are good for are that they eat other insects and create cobwebs that look wonderful.)

He like freaked out and I had to remove all the spiders myself, even though I hate spiders. I really do.
I hear you. My spider phobia's gotten a little better. I can put up with the Daddy Long Legs type spiders that come in the house but the black widows always creep me out. I can't even kill them. *SHUDDER* I'll get garden spiders (which get big and fat) in the garden which is fine because they're there to do a job. A friend of mine and her boyfriend had a wolf spider in their bedroom. I will NOT post a picture as they are very big and hairy. She made her boyfriend scoop up the spider and put it outside (it was beyond anyone's squish limit).
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #27
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

One thing that's good about Finland is that, although there are hellish amount of spiders here, they are all quite small and "harmless".

I think I could never live in a place there are things like wolf spiders *shudder*
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:26 AM   #28
capsized.

Funny thing is, I'm about the second most arachnophobic person this side of hell... Stop telling stories like these, Kolz! I once read on a site about spiders that there's always one of 'em critters somewhere very, very near you (4 m², or something). AAAAHHH!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:33 AM   #29
just visiting

Old 10-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #30

Cats are definetely that most beautiful beings on earth.

Well, humans excepted, I guess.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #31
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
OK, here's Tigger who I had to give away in one of his favourite places -

He had an obsession with anything he could fit into -

A strange cat indeed. I miss him.

And here's a blurry picture of Fishkin, with another fish, now unfortunately dead, in the background. This is pre-Speedy, a water snail who somehow miraculously appeared out of nowhere, arrived.

I thought Speedy was a bit of dirt until he started moving about!
Oh man Tigger is so cute. Can I have him???? There's this cat that walks around out complex with no owner, and he looks just like Tigger. He is fed by everyone who sees him because he is pretty fat.And he is so friendly that he will walk to you even if he never saw you before.

Firefox rules
Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #32
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

For a number of reasons I went from having three or four pets to no pets over the last couple of years. I want another cat, but my parents don't want to have to organise for someone to look after it when they go away and I'm at university ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #33
Epinionated.

@Soccsie - unfortunately he lives in North London now, but with a nice house to roam around in. He was a BIG cat... opened doors by standing on his legs, for example, enjoyed watching people go to the loo and had a very peculiar but loving personality. For example if he woke up first, he'd wake you up no matter what time it was and keep trying. Failiure was never an option. Even duvet's were no protection.

He would put his claws out and get under it and jab your toes until you woke up! Nothing nasty, but you'd have this little scrabbling noise at the end of the bed and "scrit!" there he goes... followed by hilariously human mewling. Apparently it drove his new owners nuts when he first moved in... but you got used to it. You'd look at the bottom of the bed and he'd have "crazy-eye" which meant "get up! or else!".

I got him from Battersea Dogs Home and apparently he was the most intelligent cat they'd ever had... which meant, of couse, he easily got bored. And when he was bored he'd do anything to get your attention... including hanging off the sides of furniture looking like some nutty looking fruitbat.

But despite all his nuttiness, he was a really loving cat. For example - he enjoyed belly scratches and asked for them. You could pick him up whenever you wanted to with no issues (bit of a struggle as he was quite big - not fat, just big) and demanded to sit on you no matter what.

Hilariously, when I first got him, he had the worlds worst flatulence. A farty cat is no fun! Apparently, it was nerves... but I'd never experienced a smell like it. And hearing a cat fart was one of the funniest things ever (pre-smell)!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #34
OUATIJ Creator

Oddly enough, I have no pictures of my dog except for a still shot I took out of a video I made of him once. So the pic, you will see, is surrounded by the Windows Media Player. Ha ha. Oh well, this is my dog Vincent. With his tongue sticking out...

Old 10-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #35
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

As promised, here are few pics of my cat. She's no longer with us, she got sick around this time, 2 years ago. I miss the sleepless nights she gave me.
These were taken 3 years ago, with crappy 2Mpix digital camera, so sorry for the poor quality.

Last edited by VoodooFX; 10-13-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
He is fed by everyone who sees him because he is pretty fat.And he is so friendly that he will walk to you even if he never saw you before.
I know a cat just like that, he lives a few houses away and he's the biggest cat I've ever seen (it's about the size of a medium-sized dog) It's not exactly a pretty cat, or cute for that matter, it's just too freakishly huge. But I've grown to love the behemoth. I walk past him every day when walking from the busstop to my house and he always runs up to me and walks me to my front door, I don't have a clue why because I never give him any food or anything like that... it's not for petting either because he's not a fun cat to pet (he has a very coarse fur) It's always something I look forward to when returning from school.

Quote:
I want another cat, but my parents don't want to have to organise for someone to look after it when they go away and I'm at university ...
I had exactly the same problem, I really wanted a new cat, but my mother said it was impossible because:
a) the people who used to take care of my old cat while we were gone on vacation are too old to help out now.
b) I'm leaving to university in a year.

But eventually my mom's own love for cats prevailed (with a bit of help from yours truly)
Old 10-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #37
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

I almost had this posted:

They were both actually sleeping, when I took the picture that morning.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #38
Epinionated.

Aw... is that who I think it is?
Old 10-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #39
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Sure, Squaresie!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:15 PM   #40
Epinionated.

You get the prize for cuteness.