You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The View Outside Your Window

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 AM   #41
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
And you want sympathy for it? Who shoved that crap in front of the view in the first place?
What choice did I have? I live in a 8X8 box. I had to put it somewhere.

As to my fridge magnets, it's Einstein, Newton and Lincon, and I have Roosevelt too (wasn't up there when I took the pic). I'm obsessed with collecting them.

As for the stuffed animals, my gf got them for me, and if I don't put them up, she'll kill me.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #42
Under pressure.

My view is a playground and a nice tree. There used to be another tree on the right, but the kids killed it with knifes and their tree-climbing. Too bad, because now I can see their ugly houses.

I took this picture just a few minutes ago:

--Erwin
Old 10-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #43
just visiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
How come? I know next to nothing about Baptists. Aren't they extremely tight-assed about gays and lesbians or something?
They're extremely tight-assed about most EVERYTHING!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #44

My view used to be :

But is now :

Old 10-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #45
Super Moderator

OOOOHHH, AAAHHHHHHHHH. They're both beautiful (esp. the sunset in the 2nd).

Old 10-13-2005, 09:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
OOOOHHH, AAAHHHHHHHHH. They're both beautiful (esp. the sunset in the 2nd).

Yeah, I have some nice sunsets here.

I just took that one...

Old 10-13-2005, 02:47 PM   #47
Party On Dudes

the snowy picture is beautiful and reminds me of my siberian nights spent mowing zombies down with a combine harvester whilst aliens tried to harvest the world.

or was that a game?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 10-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
the snowy picture is beautiful and reminds me of my siberian nights spent mowing zombies down with a combine harvester whilst aliens tried to harvest the world.

or was that a game?
That was the courtyard of my older appartment, in a very nice (and rich) city (or town, or whatever) in the suburbs of Paris. Very peaceful, but I wanted to be inside the city itself, so I moved.
I regret the calm atmosphere, but I enjoy being in the heart of the storm.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #49

This used to be my view, when I lived in Abu Dhabi (though my parents are still there so I visit often):

Above is the view from our main balcony. When I took these (1 year ago) they were doing construction along the waterfront (called the Corniche) to extend the park. The building that sort of looks like a palace far off in the left-center is one the most luxurious hotels in the world. And when that massive flagpole was built, it was the tallest in the world.

Same view in the day.

The view from the other side of the building. This was the view from my bedroom.

Now I have a view of a golf course....
Old 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #50
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
Now I have a view of a golf course....
As a golf player with a too long way to the nearest affordable course I'm so jealous of you.
Dusty

For the last two months my view has been the following:

It was taken on one of the few rainy days I've experienced since I moved here. It could be better for sure, but also worse.

And at least I get some nice sky pics from time to time:

Speaking of nice skies, the sky outside is turning red-ish right now, so maybe I should take a pic...
Old 12-07-2005, 08:12 PM   #51
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default Resurrection!

The view outside my window:

The view from my Aunt's house: Front-

Rear-

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-08-2005, 04:50 AM   #52
Party On Dudes

Wow, you got a nice place to live. Like a rancher or something. I can picture you hunting deer with home-made spears and stuff. Really nice scenery, yeah.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 AM   #53
Mostly absent

Quote:
Wow, you got a nice place to live. Like a rancher or something. I can picture you hunting deer with home-made spears and stuff. Really nice scenery, yeah.
Yeah, just watch out so you don't hit one of the cars.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #54
Bad Influence

Quote:
Um...only the first picture is at my house. The second and third pictures were taken at my Aunt's house at Thanksgiving.
I suppose I could hunt deer at the golf course across the street from my house, but my neighbors might not appreciate me leaving deer guts on the 9th green.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #55

These were taken a week or two ago.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #56
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I suppose I could hunt deer at the golf course across the street from my house, but my neighbors might not appreciate me leaving deer guts on the 9th green.
Again with the golf courses next door! Everyone except me seems to have one.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 AM   #57
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
Again with the golf courses next door! Everyone except me seems to have one.
If it's any consolation, I don't play golf, plus a good slice can break a window.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #58
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
...a good slice can break a window.
I better stay off that course then.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:50 AM   #59
Squeaky

Default thread resurrection

I’ve just moved house and thought it was worth pulling this thread out of the morgue. We’ve just relocated from Perth in Western Australia to Canberra, about 4000 kms away on the other side of the country. After struggling for a couple of months to find a place to live, we were lucky enough to stumble across a great share house. This here be the view from our bedroom:

Such a lucky find, when I think about all the other places we looked at within our budget.

It’s been suggested that I post something to say what I’ve been up to for the last four months. I somehow doubt that there are too many people hanging on the edge of their seat, so I’ll post it here rather than start a new thread.

Basically, my partner finished her PhD when we were in Perth last year, and decided to take a job on the other side of the country. I was pretty excited about the move, partly because the occasional change is usually a good thing, but mainly because I’d very nearly had a breakdown from stress at work, and was glad for the opportunity to leave. That said, leaving my family behind was pretty hard, especially as only my immediate relatives lives in Perth so when I left, a quarter of the family disappeared.

Anyway, we got to Canberra at the beginning of February, and I sent my partner off to work while I took 10 weeks vacation (hehe ). Having all that time off was great (and affordable because I hadn’t been able to take any leave for the last 3 years, so I had it all paid out when I left ), and I was able to truly recharge my batteries and spend some time exploring my new surroundings.

I finally dragged my leisurely backside off the couch and started work mid-April. I’m really enjoying it, and can hardly believe the enormous difference it makes working in a friendly and supportive environment, with interesting work to do.

Despite all the bad things I’ve heard about Canberra, I really like it here. Nice lifestyle; lots of good countryside for hiking/camping; a couple of hours from the beach; a couple of hours from the ski fields; and close enough for weekend trips to Sydney and Melbourne.

Lake Burley Griffin from Black Mountain:

Telstra Tower - equal measures landmark and eyesore (not my photo):

Anyway, suppose I’d better leave it there before I bore you all to death.

On a final note, here’s our girl, Charlie, adjusting to the hectic pace of Canberra life (anyone who’s been to Canberra should understand ):

Oh, and to top it all off, I’ve finally dragged myself into the 21st century and got myself broadband. *contended sigh*

Last edited by simpson_yellow; 05-15-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #60
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
Lake Burley Griffin from Black Mountain:

Telstra Tower - equal measures landmark and eyesore (not my photo):

Anyway, suppose I’d better leave it there before I bore you all to death.

On a final note, here’s our girl, Charlie, adjusting to the hectic pace of Canberra life (anyone who’s been to Canberra should understand ):

Oh, and to top it all off, I’ve finally dragged myself into the 21st century and got myself broadband. *contended sigh*

I've never been to Canberra (or anywhere in Australia, sadly), but I've heard a lot about its [sarcasm]nightlife and varied entertainement opportunities for teenagers[/sarcasm].

Actually Canberra would be an option if I decided to study Art in Australia. I don't mind the fact that it's a *quiet* (and planned) town, since I'm as socially compatible as a camel in a bad mood (okay, that's exaggerating it a bit. But I'm very shy, and am not really interested in the stuff other teenagers are interested in.). Also, I like nature, and Canberra doesn't seem too much of a big city too me (I could never live in a city. Too little nature, too many people, too little space. *AND* you can rarely see the stars at night, because of all the lights in a city.)

Also, welcome to the wonderful world that is Broadband. Conga Rats!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!