Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Movies (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/111-movies.html)

Garyos 09-12-2003 11:28 AM

Movies

Marek: this thread has been split from this one

I need to see This movie

/kinda on-topic

twifkak 09-12-2003 01:12 PM

I need to see This movie
You had me up until "Objection, your honor, strangling a witness! - I'm going to allow it."

/kinda on-topic
Uh huh.

While we're on the subject, hilarious crapulence. There are probably some actual *good* movies I could link to, but I'm too lazy to look. I've been meaning to see Thirteen, Bend it Like Beckham, and about a billion other movies that are out. As usual.

Garyos 09-12-2003 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twifkak
I need to see This movie
You had me up until "Objection, your honor, strangling a witness! - I'm going to allow it."

/kinda on-topic
Uh huh.

Intolerable cruelty will be great. The Cohens rule! Other movies that i really want to see but aren't out in Norway before the next millenium are American Splendour, Kill Bill, Swimming Pool, The Incredibles, School of Rock and Matchstick men.

/Who cares about 3D laptops anyway?

pleto4_ryan 09-13-2003 03:42 AM

:eek: woooooow, i want such a screen

twifkak 09-13-2003 05:29 AM

Marek: LMAO!!! Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyos
Intolerable cruelty will be great. The Cohens rule! Other movies that i really want to see but aren't out in Norway before the next millenium are American Splendour, Kill Bill, Swimming Pool, The Incredibles, School of Rock and Matchstick men.

/Who cares about 3D laptops anyway?

Woah. That totally didn't seem like a Cohen movie. It's a Cohen movie? OK, I'll allow it (pun intended). In that case, it's obviously a parody of the genre, though from the trailer, an extremely well-written one.

I haven't decided on American Splendor and Matchstick Men yet. Both are out in theatres now, and AS has been for a while. :P

I care about 3D monitors. I'll wait, though, until stand-alone monitor time.

Garyos 09-13-2003 09:56 AM

Hehe, I guess spelling that splendour was an oxymoron. It's not my fault that I'm taught British spelling....

And that trailer jsut show what I love about the Cohens, that they can take any kind of movie and make it fresh and original (When are they going to do a Sci-Fi????). And I'm looking forward to see Billy Bob Thornton in a less serious role.

Phil25 09-13-2003 10:54 AM

American Spleador [I don't give a flying fuck how it's spelt] is a good movie although the bits when the actual Harvey pops up screws up the pace of the film.

Phil25 09-13-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Did you hear that Kill Bill will {try saying that 345 time fast} be released in two parts?

remixor 09-13-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil25
Did you hear that Kill Bill will {try saying that 345 time fast} be released in two parts?

Yes, and I think that's a big load of crap. MAYBE I'll see both parts and think "Ah, yes, this really was quite necessary" but I really doubt it. I read a screenplay of the film (I don't even remember why), and it certainly didn't seem like it needed two movies. I hope Tarantino knows what he's doing.

Garyos 09-13-2003 07:40 PM

Yeah, the two-part thing is something Miramax wanted, not tarantino personally (allthough he went along with it, of course). I also think it seems rather much like they just want to emulate the Matrix and get your money twice. And the trailer makes it seem more FUN that GOOD (like Pirates of the Carribean).

But heck, I'm still going to see it because it's the fourth (and fifth?) film by Quentin fcuking Tarantino! *D

custard 09-14-2003 12:25 AM

these truely rock, well, ive seen the technology used in them, but not these ones, ibm ones

Starflux 09-14-2003 12:31 AM

Okay, lemme get this straight; I was reading a topic about VR-laptops, and all of a sudden, without any prompting, we went about Killing Bill. Well, I'm good with that.

I'll see the first part, and if Uma Thurman and samurai ghandi's manage to convince me, I'll see the second. But I believe there won't be a huge amount of years between the two of them. It's a sign of our time; movies getting longer and longer. Mostly unnessecary *cough* Pirates *cough*

Marek 09-14-2003 01:15 AM

How was that movie "kinda on topic"? :D

Henke 09-14-2003 04:57 AM

It's much more fun ta talk about movies then VR-laptops. :D

Garyos 09-14-2003 05:00 AM

Hey, it was about Japan! It had... japanese people it it. More importantly, it had Bill Murray!

scabb 09-14-2003 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flux
But I believe there won't be a huge amount of years between the two of them. It's a sign of our time; movies getting longer and longer. Mostly unnessecary

I'm not sure, but I think the two Kill Bill movies will be released with a month of each other anyway - although probably not because, I'm sure Miramax will want DVDs of movie #1 to magically become available around the same time movie #2 hits theatres.

It seems stupid to split up a story into two or even three parts, and it's especially irritating when each of these parts is long, drawn out and boring. Yes, I'm talking about Lord of the Rings, and possibly Harry Potter (Apparently, Book 4 will be two movies). I don't understand why they have to stick so incredibly, sickeningly close to the books. I'd rather see the tales completely and utterly butchered (the reaction would be hilarious) - or at least adapted a little more sensibly.

Tamara 09-14-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Hehe, I guess spelling that splendour was an oxymoron.

well .. an oxymoron is a contradiction in terms, hence, I don't see how spelling something incorrectly can be an oxymoron ..

Henke 09-14-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scabb
It seems stupid to split up a story into two or even three parts, and it's especially irritating when each of these parts is long, drawn out and boring. Yes, I'm talking about Lord of the Rings. I don't understand why they have to stick so incredibly, sickeningly close to the books. I'd rather see the tales completely and utterly butchered (the reaction would be hilarious) - or at least adapted a little more sensibly.

I couldn't agree less. :D

The Lord Of The Rings movies are to short to tell the magnificent tales of the books. The extended version of TFOTR are much better then the shorter version.

Garyos 09-14-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamara
well .. an oxymoron is a contradiction in terms, hence, I don't see how spelling something incorrectly can be an oxymoron ..

It's an oxymoron because I spelled splendour the British way, not because I spelled it wrong....

And Kill Bill vol. 2 is out in February, watch the trailer, goddammit! :D

As for length of movies, that totally depends on the movie, of course. I think Lotr has pretty perfect length for all the material they've got to draw from (I mean, the extended versions are more than 30 minutes longer each, and they're even better!)

SamandMax 09-14-2003 09:49 AM

Speaking of movies, I saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico today. Good movie, ends the trilogy well. Johnny Depp once again steals the movie, just as he did with Pirates of the Caribbean. He's got some hilarious stuff in this one.