You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Well, Desperado was only fun untill they killed off all the cool cameos. But I guess I'll see "Once Upon a Time..." to see more of "Action-Depp".
Old 09-14-2003, 10:40 AM   #22
merely human

My god!! I've been sooooo desperate for the longest time to watch a Claude Chabrol film! F@#k Hollywood, I want substance!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #23
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Claude who what? Never mind. I'll get some sleep and figure it out later. Don't mind me.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #24
merely human

[ stops minding twif ]
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-14-2003, 09:58 PM   #25
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Is anyone else bothered by the title of "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"?

It's not like they're REALLY ripping anything off, but considering Sergio Leone did two movies named "Once Upon a Time in the West" and "Once Upon a Time in America", it just seems to me that the title of OUaTiM is at least a bit misleading. I could very well be making too much out of it, though.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-15-2003, 03:48 AM   #26
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

I didn't know that, but now that I do, it looks to me like more of a pop reference than a trademark issue.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-15-2003, 05:01 AM   #27
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
I couldn't agree less.

The Lord Of The Rings movies are to short to tell the magnificent tales of the books. The extended version of TFOTR are much better then the shorter version.
I don't really think they make good movies. I can enjoy them, middle earth looks great and all, but they don't really have enough substance - I'm not the biggest fan of films with overdramatic hero-characters from ye olde days.

The last few films I watched were all Miyazaki. I saw Spirited Away a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it, so I got round to watching Princess Mononoke and Laputa: Castle in the Sky - also good. I'm not much of an anime fan either, I didn't particularly care for Metropolis, nor was I impressed by any of the other Japanese cartoons I've seen.

Anyway, Spirited Away comes with my recommendation! Which I can assure you, is good enough for anyone. I hear the English dub has recently hit UK cinema screens.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:26 AM   #28
Kosmonaut

Send a message via AIM to Phil25 Send a message via MSN to Phil25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
well .. an oxymoron is a contradiction in terms, hence, I don't see how spelling something incorrectly can be an oxymoron ..
Oh yeah? Well maybe you're an oxymoron!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:34 PM   #29

I saw two good movies this week. The first was Dirty Pretty Things, a thriller about illegal immigrants living in East London. The second movie I saw was Matchstick Men, also really good. It has a fantastic ending that totally took me by surprise.