You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #21
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Edit: Besides, you'd have 2 Treps saying how handsome you are!
Now I just need for the two of them to tell that to that cute girl from my psych class.

mag
Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #22
merely human

Okay, guys, no more of this talking about us me. I spoke to t3h g0d Marek about it and he said the sig below explains it all and having two of me around is overkill and has confused some of you already, so say goodby to Trep. He was a good n00b but it's time to let him go. Goodby, little Trep, you'll be fine. Intrepid Homoludens will now take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Now I just need for the two of them to tell that to that cute girl from my psych class.
Gimme her phone number (or at least her email address) and I'll see what I can do.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Okay, guys, no more of this talking about us me. I spoke to t3h g0d Marek about it and he said the sig below explains it all and having two of me around is overkill and has confused some of you already, so say goodby to Trep. He was a good n00b but it's time to let him go. Goodby, little Trep, you'll be fine. Intrepid Homoludens will now take over.

Alas, poor Trep! I knew him: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?

Tis a sad, sad day.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #24
merely human

Would it help, gillsie, to tell you I named a warm croissant after you and spread butter and Nutella on it and am now sucking on it with a hot coffee?

Stayed up way too late again playing Splinter Cell: CT and slept til noon.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #25
mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Gimme her phone number (or at least her email address) and I'll see what I can do.
hmmmm...tempting, but I get the feeling that wouldn't really make me look any better.

mag
Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM   #26
merely human

Sorry, that's the best I can do, other than having you buy me a plane ticket and pay for a hotel and meals for me so I can come talk to her in person.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:36 PM   #27
merely human

gilly, clean out yer damn PM box!!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #28
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

*pheeeew* I'd get pretty intimidated, if a moderator shouted at me like that, Gilly!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #29
mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyToy
*pheeeew* I'd get pretty intimidated, if a moderator shouted at me like that, Gilly!
Yes, but he's on vacation from moderating right now. Which means we can do whatever we want! Woooooo!!!!

mag
Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM   #30
merely human

Old 09-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #31
Citizen of Bizarro World

Finally, we got rid of that n00b!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM   #32
merely human

Old 09-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
hmmmm...tempting, but I get the feeling that wouldn't really make me look any better.

mag
If you want to make yourself stick out from all the other guys? (any cracks about your head and I'll personally fly to PA and slap you silly)

NOTICE HER!!

Nothing, and I mean nothing makes a woman feel good when a guy notices little details about us. I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. The woman all noticed it and complimented me. The other night, a guy I know, noticed it and said it looked nice (he's taken by a lovely woman already though). The first guy to do so. Most men, even if they notice, don't often say things like that. I personally think it's awesome. A girl doesn't forget that. You look pretty. You smell good. Don't overdo it. Do it once, back off a little but smile at her and then hit with another compliment. She will soon be searching for you. Then you can ask her out.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM   #34
mag

Quote:
If you want to make yourself stick out from all the other guys? (any cracks about your head and I'll personally fly to PA and slap you silly)
Why would I make a crack about my head?

Oh, you mean because it's large, big, behemoth, Brobdingnagian, Bunyanesque, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, gargantuan, giant, gigantesque, gigantic, herculean, immense, jumbo, mammoth, massive. See also: mastodonic, mighty, monstrous, monumental, stupendous, titanic, tremendous, vast, walloping.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that would be a good way to stick out. Thanks for the advice, Melanie!

Quote:
NOTICE HER!!

Nothing, and I mean nothing makes a woman feel good when a guy notices little details about us. I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. The woman all noticed it and complimented me. The other night, a guy I know, noticed it and said it looked nice (he's taken by a lovely woman already though). The first guy to do so. Most men, even if they notice, don't often say things like that. I personally think it's awesome. A girl doesn't forget that. You look pretty. You smell good. Don't overdo it. Do it once, back off a little but smile at her and then hit with another compliment. She will soon be searching for you. Then you can ask her out.
Notice her? Like I haven't tried that already?

It don't work. I get totally shut down. I hate the shut-down!

mag
Old 09-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Why would I make a crack about my head?

Oh, you mean because it's large, big, behemoth, Brobdingnagian, Bunyanesque, colossal, cyclopean, elephantine, enormous, gargantuan, giant, gigantesque, gigantic, herculean, immense, jumbo, mammoth, massive. See also: mastodonic, mighty, monstrous, monumental, stupendous, titanic, tremendous, vast, walloping.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that would be a good way to stick out. Thanks for the advice, Melanie!
What did I say?

*buying plane ticket to Pittsburgh*

Trep, tell him to stop it!

Quote:
Notice her? Like I haven't tried that already?

It don't work. I get totally shut down. I hate the shut-down!

mag
She shuts you out? Bleh on her.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #36
merely human

What, is she spoken for, mag? She stuck up? What do you know about her?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #37
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
She shuts you out? Bleh on her.
She didn't shut him out, she shut him down. She said "No", meant it, and left no room for misunderstanding.
Remember, Mag- Poison often comes in pretty bottles. You might be better off without her.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #38
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
She didn't shut him out, she shut him down. She said "No", meant it, and left no room for misunderstanding.
Remember, Mag- Poison often comes in pretty bottles. You might be better off without her.

ScottMate
Scott knows a lot about this stuff, Mag. He could run his own love-nasium, where people go to learn and share ideas about love.

Wait, that's not what a love-nasium is for?

On the other hand, temporaryscars once offered me some advice about a girl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
You need to punch her in the mouth whilst speaking greek. Girls love that sort of thing.
I don't recommend that course of action, though.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #39
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
Scott knows a lot about this stuff, Mag. He could run his own love-nasium, where people go to learn and share ideas about love.
Mh, there seems to be a thread that's long overdue..
Old 09-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #40
merely human

mag, she clearly isn't interested in you, from how you put it. just remember, there are lots of other nice fish in the sea.