You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Google image search

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic
Default Google image search

Sometimes innocent browsing can become something more disturbing...

I stumbled across that when I was looking for "holy water" on google, which I ended up looking for after seeing the signature file of a friend in Ravenblack Vampires with a couple of vials of holywater (they're items in the game), and ended up not liking the chosen picture - so I figured maybe I could find those out of Constantine, which were so nice and simple, yet convincing (christmas tree bulbs filled with water, and a cross taped onto them)... no such luck, but I stumbled across the above picture.

Figured I'd share.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
OUATIJ Creator

Looks more like Lazarus. And yes, I have those experiences all the time. I stumble across WEIRD shit when I'm doing even the most routine of searches.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
merely human

Quote:
Jesus is back from the dead and he wants your immortal soul
Gawd, what people will do out of sheer boredom. I would ask the fellow who thought of that: "So what exactly is your point with this?"
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
"So what exactly is your point with this?"
Well, I may not be said person, but "Humour" would be my answer. I think it's a fun pun.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

How did you think I found my source for thousands of scurrile pictures? Google Image search, and a weird picture klicked, led me to thousands of more weird pictures.

This one is from somewhere else - also found through google image search. One of my favourites

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Well, I may not be said person, but "Humour" would be my answer. I think it's a fun pun.
Meh, it's a lame attempt at subversive humour to me. But to each his/her own. < shrugs >
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Of The Seven Annoying Grins
How did you think I found my source for thousands of scurrile pictures? Google Image search, and a weird picture klicked, led me to thousands of more weird pictures.

This one is from somewhere else - also found through google image search. One of my favourites

-
Good god, with a body like that how could he even be able to chase after and catch his food to kill without dying of exhaustion or a heart attack in the process?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #8
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Pink:

Eh, I dunno. If the caption had been "Jesus is back from the dead... and he wants BRAAAAAIIIIIINS", then I might crack a smile.

I mean, I might not be properly up on my horror lore, but don't undead people stereotypically want brains or blood? (Or both?)

(Personally I'm still fond of the geek shirt that says "Jesus saves... the rest of you take damage", but that's probably just me.)

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 09-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Meh, it's a lame attempt at subversive humour to me. But to each his/her own. < shrugs >
I don't find it "subversive" at all. o_O I don't know - but I can well imagine Christians finding it amusing, too. Maybe you're taking it a bit too seriously, Trep. Either that, or you just don't find zombies cute and cuddly like I do.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
merely human

I dunno, I'm more affected by Woody Allen's humour, or that of Dorothy Parker or Florence King. I grew up Catholic, btw. Ah well....
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #11
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
What was the search for?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
I mean, I might not be properly up on my horror lore, but don't undead people stereotypically want brains or blood? (Or both?)
Or immortal souls. No, you're right, brains and blood are most common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
(Personally I'm still fond of the geek shirt that says "Jesus saves... the rest of you take damage", but that's probably just me.)
Nah. I like that, too. I vaguely remember one I stumbled into on another date to a similar effect, but sadly I don't know the exact wording anymore, so nyah.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:26 PM   #13
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/9656/linsignsized3ne.jpg
Good lord! He sure is hellbent on making a point... I want to know what you searched for, too, now!

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Nah. I like that, too. I vaguely remember one I stumbled into on another date to a similar effect, but sadly I don't know the exact wording anymore, so nyah.
The one I remember:

Jesus saves.....but Gretzky gets the rebound. He shoots! He scores!!

I've always liked that one
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
The one I remember:
"Jesus saves.....but Gretzky gets the rebound. He shoots! He scores!!"
rofl! It was more like that one! I <3 nonsense like that. Ripping things completely out of context - and putting them somewhere else. <3

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #16
merely human

Yeah, that one is more effectively humourous to me.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #17
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

I know an anthropology major who once made the mistake of doing an image search for "homo erectus." He never did that again.

mag
Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #18
merely human

< does a google search on homo erectus >

EDIT: How disappointing.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #19
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Good god, with a body like that how could he even be able to chase after and catch his food to kill without dying of exhaustion or a heart attack in the process?

Well, to do him justice, here is his comment in the gallery:
Quote:
Hey- the service at R.P.Tracks was fine, but I was starving and had been hanging around Stabbo all day!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #20
Banned User

Quote:

-
Holy hell, that's my brother in law, Jeremy!