You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What is your most embarrasing traits?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #1

Default What is your most embarrasing traits?

This thread is designed for us all to point out things that we are embarrased about ourselves.

I play tabletop war games like Warhammer 40,000. It started out with me painting the miniatures to for art purposes. My brother in law loved my work and we soon began competing who can paint better. I used to sell the painted ones on ebay. Eventually we decided to learn to play and now 500 dollars later we play quite a bit.

You?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #2

When I was a child I was very obsessive compulsive. Not only did I have OCD but I had Tourette Syndrome and ADD. In grade school I was a nightmare. I was the kid who would chase people around swinging a jump rope. I was in the principles office so often the it was a big school joke. The office staff would have me go on the intercom and apaulogize to the school.

If that wasnt bad enough I couldnt help but wistle uncontrolably. Fortunately I got the proper medication so I dont have to worry too much about those problems. As you can probably tell, I still say do and say things to get attention at others expense. It's amazing that I have gotten where I am despite these difficulties.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
kamikaze hummingbirds

I don't think before saying or doing things and may make a fool of myself in public.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
I don't think before saying or doing things and may make a fool of myself in public.
And you love the Crazy Frog and can't get enough of it, don't you? Come on confess. It will make you feel better!

Old 09-20-2005, 06:54 AM   #5
The Impostor

I have no embarrassing traits, I'm perfect — though some people seem to think I'm arrogant.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:34 AM   #6
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

1. I inherited my dad's intelligence and vocabulary and my mom's tendency to mispronounce everything. As a result I tend to sound like a wanna-be-pretentious idiot in person. (My roommate makes fun of me every time I screw up saying a word, which is just about all the time.)

2. I'm very forgetful and absent-minded. Somebody will tell me something, and then two minutes later I'll have forgotten it. I then have to flounder and try to pretend I didn't forget it.

3. I'm very clutzy. Tripping over my own feet, knocking over drinks, walking into walls and doors, trying to open a door the wrong way, clunking people with my umbrella, etc. etc. Been there, done that, looked stupid.

4. I'm slow. It takes me forever to "get" things a lot of the time. Considering I know I'm supposed to be smart, this irks me to no end.

So in essence, I'm a graceless absent-minded idiot. ;P

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 09-20-2005, 07:57 AM   #7
Fulci lives

Quote:
What is your most embarrasing traits?
I play adventure games.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #8
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

This isn't so much a problem now that I never wear watches, but I used to be supremely terrible at telling time. I'd always get super embarassed during the long pauses after someone asked me what time it was. I'd wait, feeling my face heat up in embarrassment, staring at the watch face and then would finally blurt out something completely stupid like "it's 10 minutes until 45 after 4 o'clock."
Old 09-20-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Jeysie listed all of mine, except for number one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
1. I inherited my dad's intelligence and vocabulary and my mom's tendency to mispronounce everything. As a result I tend to sound like a wanna-be-pretentious idiot in person. (My roommate makes fun of me every time I screw up saying a word, which is just about all the time.)
My pronunciation is okay, but it's all filtered through a Southern accent so the net result is the same. For comparison purposes, the pierced and dreadlocked computer guru on the television show "Wanted" has a genuine Alabama accent (the first I've ever heard on television), and I suspect I sound a lot like him.

Quote:
2. I'm very forgetful and absent-minded. Somebody will tell me something, and then two minutes later I'll have forgotten it. I then have to flounder and try to pretend I didn't forget it.
On bad days I consider hiring a nursemaid just to walk around beside me and remind me of important stuff.

Quote:
3. I'm very clutzy. Tripping over my own feet, knocking over drinks, walking into walls and doors, trying to open a door the wrong way, clunking people with my umbrella, etc. etc. Been there, done that, looked stupid.
I stopped wondering years ago where I'd picked up all my bruises and scratches. I don't normally wear a watch because I always end up breaking it or scratching the crystal.

Quote:
4. I'm slow. It takes me forever to "get" things a lot of the time. Considering I know I'm supposed to be smart, this irks me to no end.
Hey, I don't call myself "Space Cadet Scott" for nothing.

Quote:
So in essence, I'm a graceless absent-minded idiot. ;P

Peace & Luv, Liz
Madame, welcome to the club. We've got coffee in no-spill sippee cups just inside.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #10
Banned User

Sometimes I sweat even when it's not hot.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:52 AM   #11
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
My pronunciation is okay, but it's all filtered through a Southern accent so the net result is the same. For comparison purposes, the pierced and dreadlocked computer guru on the television show "Wanted" has a genuine Alabama accent (the first I've ever heard on television), and I suspect I sound a lot like him.
Oh no Scott... We recently discussed the fact that we are both Southerners, but I escaped unscathed accent-wise . My mother has the accent. For instance, she says "pilla" instead of "pillow". Drives me INSANE. As for myself, I have absolutely no accent whatsoever. I've been all over the U.S. and no one can guess where I'm from.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
capsized.

I eat+drink curry sausage+strawberry milk for breakfast.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #13
just visiting

I don't think I have any embarrasing traits.
No doubt others think I do.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #14
Super Moderator

When I get nervous, I stutter a bit

I bite my fingernails too (nervous habit). I've been exercising more so maybe that'll relieve some of the stress and nervousness...
Old 09-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #15
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I talk to myself out loud, which is only embarrassing when you get caught at it. I remember doing it as a kid, so I think I've always done it.

Lynsie
Old 09-20-2005, 12:44 PM   #16
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I live. It can't get any worse than that.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 09-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #17
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Oh no Scott...
Oh yes. The TV was on but I wasn't paying any attention until I heard the computer dude speak. My first thought was "Damn! He sounds like he's from around here!".
Quote:
We recently discussed the fact that we are both Southerners, but I escaped unscathed accent-wise . My mother has the accent. For instance, she says "pilla" instead of "pillow".
She sounds like a woman of quality and substance.
Quote:
Drives me INSANE.
Well, there's that bit too.
Quote:
As for myself, I have absolutely no accent whatsoever. I've been all over the U.S. and no one can guess where I'm from.
That must be nice. Whenever I'm outside the Southeast I try to speak as little as possible because it always winds up being a long conversation. This is usually flattering, but sometimes I have more pressing needs than idle conversation...like finding a restroom, for example.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 09-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #18
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I can annoy anyone within five minutes simply by talking to them. Truly I am blessed ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #19
SamNMax

What, like physical trait?

Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
What, like physical trait?
Anything.