Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Happy Birthday, Swordsie! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/10328-happy-birthday-swordsie.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 09-12-2005 12:24 AM

Happy Birthday, Swordsie!

http://www.thecakefairy.co.uk/pix/castle40.jpg

w00t!

:frown: Where the hell are you?

Wormsie 09-12-2005 02:36 AM

I've seen him alive from about five metres twice this year, once at a birthday party and once when a new shopping centre was opened downtown. We didn't say a word to each other though I did recognized him... So hi! Happy birthday! :D

Mattsius 09-12-2005 04:23 AM

Happy Birthday, Swordsieman!!! :) *

*man I hate these new smilies, but as I've understood it it's only temporary, thank god

Kolzig 09-12-2005 05:40 AM

Happy Birthday Swordmaster!

RLacey 09-12-2005 12:15 PM

HappyBirthday!

Swordmaster 09-12-2005 12:53 PM

Thanks everyone! I've been online pretty irregularly during the summer. Maybe things will change now that the nights are getting darker...

Wormsie, wtf!! What are you talking about? :crazy:

SCRUGAtes13 09-12-2005 01:43 PM

jeez, it's a little late and you prob won't get this now but...

Happy Birthday!

Tobbe 09-13-2005 12:45 AM

Happy Birthday!!

Wormsie 09-15-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
Wormsie, wtf!! What are you talking about? :crazy:

At the newly opened Kamppi, I think I saw you there. I was there too with some friends of mine, as I remember you waved briefly at them... (They said that it was you, anyway). And around the end of April we were at the same birthday party. I saw you sitting in a corner of a room (I think it was you, at least I was told that you'd been invited), and I walked in and cut myself a slice of sachertorte. Then I left.

Yes. :crazy:

Intrepid Homoludens 09-15-2005 01:55 PM

You LURKED without saying hi to Swordsie?!

Wormsie 09-15-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You LURKED without saying hi to Swordsie?!

He didn't say hi to me either!

It's Finland! People are supposed to lurk!

Swordmaster 09-16-2005 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormsie
He didn't say hi to me either!

Did you take into account that maybe I had no idea it was you? :shifty:

Was my hair alright? :P

Intrepid Homoludens 09-16-2005 02:42 PM

You never saw Wormsie, did you, Swordsie? And Wormsie worms out this lame-ass excuse that lurking is part of Finnish culture. Makes me wonder why he never actually did make the effort to run up and say, "Hey Swordsie! It's me, Wormsie! Just wanted to say hi. It's good to see you. Gotta go, my friends are waiting."

:pan:
:crazy:
Wormsie

Swordmaster 09-19-2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

You never saw Wormsie, did you, Swordsie?

Ye be correct.

gillyruless 09-19-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

You never saw Wormsie, did you, Swordsie? And Wormsie worms out this lame-ass excuse that lurking is part of Finnish culture. Makes me wonder why he never actually did make the effort to run up and say, "Hey Swordsie! It's me, Wormsie! Just wanted to say hi. It's good to see you. Gotta go, my friends are waiting."

:pan:
:crazy:
Wormsie

Hmm, maybe it's because he's like me and very shy? I thought you've been working on him, er I mean with him to try to get him to do better in situations like that. I guess we still have ways to go. Where's Mattsie? Isn't Wormsie one of his patients?

:P

Wormsie 09-19-2005 10:29 AM

Hey, I'm just jesting! Sheesh! Haven't you people learned about my Woody Allen-ish neurotic side character I sometimes exploit to explain away my insecurity? It's supposed to be funny... :shifty:

EDIT: You might also say that I'm sometimes intentionally like Jeff Murdoch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordsie
Was my hair alright? :P

Yes. :crazy:

I suffered from a terrible flu that night, so be glad we were as far apart from each other as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treply
Makes me wonder why he never actually did make the effort to run up and say, "Hey Swordsie! It's me, Wormsie! Just wanted to say hi. It's good to see you. Gotta go, my friends are waiting."

Because I hate it when I stutter when talking to people. And I tend to say stupid/exuberant things to people when I meet them for the first time (instead of a normal "Hi"), and it catches them off-guard. The usual reaction when people meet me is "WHAT?!?!" Those who don't react that way usually become (figuratively speaking) lifelong friends/acquaintances... The rest remain somewhat awkward. I'd rather not make a point of meeting others, and instead just let things happen on their own. In general. For now. Sometimes I'm able to introduce myself normally, but if I'm feeling like I have to be relaxed and casual, it goes terribly wrong. :D

Next time I see you, Swordsie, I'll say an insecure "hi" to you. Yes. That's sounds like a plan. I hope I say it loud enough so that you can still hear it.

gillyruless 09-19-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormsie
[/i]Because I hate it when I stutter when talking to people. And I tend to say stupid things to people when I meet them for the first time (instead of a normal "Hi"), and it catches them off-guard. The usual reaction when people meet me is "WHAT?!?!" Those who don't react that way usually become (figuratively speaking) lifelong friends/acquaintances... The rest remain somewhat awkward. I'd rather not make a point of meeting others, and instead just let things happen on their own. In general. For now.

It would be most interesting to see how you would handle meeting me then. Just don't be surprised if I grab you and give you a french kiss or something. I'm almost as bas as you are in introducing myself/meeting people at parties and known to do crazy things. I must try to get to Europe soon.

:D

Wormsie 09-19-2005 10:36 AM

< French kisses gillsie >

ragnar 09-19-2005 11:13 AM

*chimes in in the general festivities*

Happy B-day Swordmaster!

Jazhara7 09-19-2005 01:12 PM

"*sings* Finland, Finland, Finland...the country where I want to be: Pony Trekking, and Fishing...or just watching TV..."

I want to see *you* ride a pony.

"I don't like ponies. They're all sinewy and tough. They leave bits of meat in between my teeth."

You never even saw a real life pony.

"Yeah, okay. But I am sure they would be."

Anyway, that must be an awfully strong pony, that can carry a dragon.

"And a calm one too - to not panic at the sight of a dragon."

As if you're such a terrible thing to behold.

"Yeah, just rub it in, Mommy."

Anyway:

Happy Birthday Swordsie! "Happy Birthday Swordsie!"

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D