You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 06:39 AM   #1
Bearly Here

Default Revisiting Classics

The news of Mojo being re-issued and reduxed was well received and seems like the release is widely applauded as well.

Do you see this starting a trend or at least causing some publishers to look around gaming attics and such for other classic games to spruce up and re-publish?

and do you have any specific games you would love to see back out on the shelves with a fresh coat of paint?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:58 AM   #2
Game Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to serpentbox

Hell yes I do. My goal was to bring back adventure gaming and catapult it back to where it belongs...in front of all other genres. We need a revolution people. And the revolution will not be televised. The revolution will be rendered...

I'd like to see Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. I'd like to see those greedy SOBs at Lucas give the rights to Tim Schaffer so he can expand upon those marvelous franchises. And I would like to see the Delphine guys do another Out of this World...

VC
Old 12-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentbox
I'd like to see Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. I'd like to see those greedy SOBs at Lucas give the rights to Tim Schaffer so he can expand upon those marvelous franchises.
If only those bastards forumites here would see that there could be a good sequel to Grim that wouldn't spoil the original.
So I say to you all: Listen to Vinny here! He knows what he's talking about.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
If only those bastards forumites here would see that there could be a good sequel to Grim that wouldn't spoil the original.
So I say to you all: Listen to Vinny here! He knows what he's talking about.
Why would a Grim sequel "spoil" the original? Don't bother to answer. It will never happen. Just pray that DoubleFine kicks ass and makes money so sick-Tim can make more great games...
Old 12-17-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
Bad Mojo Producer

I think publishers will realize some of the old classics still translate well in today's marketplace.

I agree with Vinny. Tim's games like Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle are certainly on the list of classics that should be re-released.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:21 AM   #6
Game Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoAlex
I think publishers will realize some of the old classics still translate well in today's marketplace.

I agree with Vinny. Tim's games like Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle are certainly on the list of classics that should be re-released.
Welcome Alex the early bird!

Al, who was that loud-mouth CEO of Running with Scissors? Vinny something...
Old 12-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #7
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentbox
Why would a Grim sequel "spoil" the original? Don't bother to answer. It will never happen. Just pray that DoubleFine kicks ass and makes money so sick-Tim can make more great games...
Don't ask me. I'm all for it (if the right people are making it).

If there is any fairness in this world, Psychonauts will be a huge hit. Here's hoping...
Old 12-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #8
Bad Mojo Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
Don't ask me. I'm all for it (if the right people are making it).

If there is any fairness in this world, Psychonauts will be a huge hit. Here's hoping...
I just visited Tim. The game looks great. I offered to roll up my sleeves to test it. :-)

Vin: It's Vince Desi.

« - | Boogers at work »