Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   The Quest To Zooloo - Full Talkie (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/8330-quest-zooloo-full-talkie.html)

YotamElal 05-20-2005 12:01 PM

The Quest To Zooloo - Full Talkie

I just finished making a full talkie adventure game.

The Quest To Zooloo - Full Talkie

http://www.internet-p.com/shop/userf.../scrnshot2.JPG

Zooloo.rar 62.3mb
http://www.internet-p.com/shop/userfiles100/Zooloo.rar

Zooloo-NoSound.rar 5.0mb
http://www.internet-p.com/shop/userf...oo-NoSound.rar

Zooloo-Speech.rar 10.0mb
http://www.internet-p.com/shop/userf...loo-Speech.rar

Zooloo-Music.rar 46.6mb
http://www.internet-p.com/shop/userf...oloo-Music.rar

fov 05-20-2005 01:11 PM

Welcome to the foum. :)

I'm going to move your post into our Underground section. Do you have a website or can you tell us some more about your game? What's it about?

artwking4 05-20-2005 01:21 PM

What's the "NoSound" file for?

YotamElal 05-20-2005 05:08 PM

1. My game is underground but is not an amateur adventure.
It's a "full length" and I worked alot for it to be proffesional.
I think the topic title should be changed. (only underground)
cuz not all underground games are amatuer, some of them had alot of work put into them.

2. My website will be down a few days, I am moving to a diffferent hosting company.

Game Outline:
Your name is Silly. You are an alien trying to find a way to get back to your home planet Zooloo.

There is not alot more to tell.

3. The "NoSound" file is for dial-up users who want to d/l the files seprately or for the few lamers who don't want sound, becuase of the big d/l.
(actually one of the memebers from bigbluecup asked for it)

Have Fun... :D

Fop 05-21-2005 12:43 AM

Eh... Being amateur doesn't have anything to do with how much work was put into them. Unless your job is making games, you're not a professional game designer.

YotamElal 05-21-2005 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fop
Eh... Being amateur doesn't have anything to do with how much work was put into them. Unless your job is making games, you're not a professional game designer.

"Amateur Adventures" sounds like they wont be as high a quality as professional adventure games.
In many cases thats not true.

Amateur allso means beginner.
I have been creating music for 10 years and I have 21 albums,
but music is not my profession. I don't make any money from it.
Does that make my music "Amatuer Music"?
No, and neather is my adventure game. :)

AFGNCAAP 05-21-2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotamElal
"Amateur Adventures" sounds like they wont be as high a quality as professional adventure games.
In many cases thats not true.

Amateur allso means beginner.
I have been creating music for 10 years and I have 21 albums,
but music is not my profession. I don't make any money from it.
Does that make my music "Amatuer Music"?

Yes. :) Because "amateur" is an opposite to "professional", as Fop pointed out. Similarly, "amateur sports player" means one who is not participating in a professional league. It doesn't say anything about quality, he can be Olympic champion all the same. It just so happens that this word bears also a couple of other meanings.

Incidentally, you accept your game being underground, but this forum subsection used to be called simply "AG Underground", and the "Amateur" part was added because some were complaining that sounded too negative (like, I don't know, illegal or with a disturbing subject matter).

YotamElal 05-21-2005 06:14 AM

Incidentally, you accept your game being underground, but this forum subsection used to be called simply "AG Underground", and the "Amateur" part was added because some were complaining that sounded too negative (like, I don't know, illegal or with a disturbing subject matter).[/QUOTE]

LOL that's funny.

I checked in babylon dictionary the two words:

Amature (double meaning) :
1. not proffesional (that's ok)
2. novice (beginner, inexperienced person, trainee)

Underground:
n. region beneath the ground's surface; secret organization fighting occupational forces or an established government; (British) subway, underground train system; subterranean passage
adj. subterranean, below the surface of the ground; to be used below the surface of the ground; clandestine, conspiratorial
adv. not openly, in a clandestine manner; below the surface of the ground

I don't think either should be in the title, cuz amature implies novice, and underground implies hidden or secret.
Maybe it should be called "Home-Made Adventure Games" or "Non-company
Adventue Games"?
Or maybe someone else has a better title...

BTW did anyone try out the game?

fov 05-21-2005 08:28 AM

It's not intended as an insult, at all. Many amateur adventures are better than commercial ones! :)

Erwin_Br 05-21-2005 09:21 AM

I prefer "Independent" :)

--Erwin

RLacey 05-21-2005 02:07 PM

Amateur as in not professional (you accept this definition).

Underground as in beneath the radar of the mainstream press (I'm hoping you accept this, and isn't this a term used to describe some very professional but individual music?).

There's nothing wrong with either definition - after all, we're not judging your game negatively as a result ;).

RLacey 05-21-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I prefer "Independent" :)

--Erwin

"Independent" is a nice term, but people could still misinterpret a game as being commercial as a result. There's less misunderstanding with the term "Underground".

YotamElal 05-21-2005 08:52 PM

I think that "Independen Games" is most suitible, allso "Non-Company Games" is ok.
Undergrouond, sounds dark and hidden and amateur sounds novice.

Len Green 05-22-2005 05:02 AM

~~ Erwin_Br ~~

Hi there ... we've 'befriended' each other for quite a while. How's things ? :)

As you know, I've done a great deal of beta testing ... a lot of it (but far from all) on Underground/Independent/Home-made/Non-company/Whatever games ... and written walkthrus on many of them. (( I've also polished up the English of several EXCELLENT games )).

This thread's discussion has become purely semantic. I have the greatest respect for ALL people who produce their own games ... something I could never do in a million years. I have never EVER thought of these folk, or described them, as amateur ! Some of their games are more enjoyable than 'corporate' ones !

However, I too am a little put out by the term "Underground" since it does smack a bit of something somewhat illicit … and since there is an enormous & increasing amount of pirating etc. these days, I would prefer a different term !

I myself have used the term "Independent" for a long time ("Indie" for short). When applied to the many (but not all) "Indie" games which are available at no cost, I always differentiate by calling them "Indie-Freeware".

BTW … YotamElal ………………….
I was born, bred and educated in England [ with English my only language ]. Since aged 24, and for the past 56 years I have lived in Haifa [ In Rechov YOTAM !! ], and taught Physics for 40 years until retiring !

YotamElal 05-22-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

As you know, I've done a great deal of beta testing ... a lot of it (but far from all) on Underground/Independent/Home-made/Non-company/Whatever games ... and written walkthrus on many of them. (( I've also polished up the English of several EXCELLENT games )).
I really need a good English walkthrough! :) :) :)

Beta testing and spell checking is allways a good thing...

Quote:

I was born, bred and educated in England [ with English my only language ]. Since aged 24, and for the past 56 years I have lived in Haifa [ In Rechov YOTAM !! ], and taught Physics for 40 years until retiring !
Wow, what a story!

Trumgottist 05-23-2005 12:35 AM

Then there's yet another term, which I think fits me. (See above my avatar.) :)

zxby 05-23-2005 08:22 AM

The game links are a bit confusing. If you download the Zooloo.rar 62.3mb file, do you still need to download the speech and music files? or does the Zooloo.rar 62.3mb file contain these files as well?

Len Green 05-23-2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxby
The game links are a bit confusing. If you download the Zooloo.rar 62.3mb file, do you still need to download the speech and music files? or does the Zooloo.rar 62.3mb file contain these files as well?

Yes ... the latter !

YotamElal 05-23-2005 09:41 AM

Zooloo.rar is the full version.

The others are for dialup users.

zxby 05-23-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotamElal
Zooloo.rar is the full version.

The others are for dialup users.

Thank you !! :D