Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   ForeverDream Studios Site Launch (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/786-foreverdream-studios-site-launch.html)

James 11-07-2003 11:39 PM

ForeverDream Studios Site Launch

FOREVERDREAM STUDIOS
DUBLIN
November 8th 2003

It is my great pleasure to announce the official opening of ForeverDream Studios, and their website foreverdreamstudios.com. In the past two years, a dedicated team has worked tirelessly in establishing the fundamental principles of the company. ForeverDream Studios is founded not with monetary targets or market ratios in mind, but with an ideal, and a dream.

Founded by James Gallen in the year 2001, ForeverDream Studios undertook a conceptual rebirth in late 2002, the result of which you see before you today. What remained integral to the company, in all its forms, was a passionate desire for games, both as players and professionals, and to see and be a part of the rebirth of the adventure game genre, key and crucial to the foundation of the company.

We believe in games as a viable form of media, entertainment and art.
We believe in freedom of expression, in blurring the boundaries of genre, substance and form.
We believe in community, teamwork, acknowledging the past, living the present, and working for a better future.

We dream together of greater things of games of untold freedom.
We dream together of stories, tales and fables to remember and to cherish.
We dream together of knowledge liberating the mind.
We dream forever.

Henke 11-07-2003 11:52 PM

Cool 8-) and good luck.

Erwin_Br 11-08-2003 12:23 AM

:Z Oh sorry, I fell asleep. I had a nice dream though.

--Erwin

mycroft 11-08-2003 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
FOREVERDREAM STUDIOS
DUBLIN
November 8th 2003

It is my great pleasure to announce the official opening of ForeverDream Studios, and their website foreverdreamstudios.com. In the past two years, a dedicated team has worked tirelessly in establishing the fundamental principles of the company. ForeverDream Studios is founded not with monetary targets or market ratios in mind, but with an ideal, and a dream.

Founded by James Gallen in the year 2001, ForeverDream Studios undertook a conceptual rebirth in late 2002, the result of which you see before you today. What remained integral to the company, in all its forms, was a passionate desire for games, both as players and professionals, and to see and be a part of the rebirth of the adventure game genre, key and crucial to the foundation of the company.

We believe in games as a viable form of media, entertainment and art.
We believe in freedom of expression, in blurring the boundaries of genre, substance and form.
We believe in community, teamwork, acknowledging the past, living the present, and working for a better future.

We dream together of greater things of games of untold freedom.
We dream together of stories, tales and fables to remember and to cherish.
We dream together of knowledge liberating the mind.
We dream forever.

*sniff* that was beautiful.I think there's something in my eye.*exit stage left*

DomStLeger 11-08-2003 03:06 AM

Nic website. Hows the game coming along?

Starflux 11-08-2003 06:15 AM

A worthy site, my friend.

James 11-08-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomStLeger
Nic website. Hows the game coming along?

All will be revealed soon.

mycroft 11-08-2003 10:34 PM

I noticed some of your compositions on deviantart.com.Very interesting.There is a certain elegance in your writing style that I really like.Most writings on that site are corny,cheesy and cliched.I'm curious to know what kind of game you're developing and what kind of emotional upheavals it will create.

James 11-08-2003 11:28 PM

My work on DeviantArt is of a personal basis, the best of which will be collected for a work some time in the next two years, though that is subject to change. Currently, as a writer, my primary project is my novel, Coffee.

As for the game, you'll have to wait and see. It's entitled "The Curves of Danger", and is a noir adventure, previous featured on the forum, in a thread started by Principle Writer Beiddie Rafól, aka Intrepid.

ragnar 11-09-2003 12:20 AM

I looked at the staff page and missed the great Josep A Font there, is jaf not part of the staff anymore or is it just me that dreamed up that he was involved in this project?

James 11-09-2003 12:56 AM

Josep was indeed working with us previously, but due to commitments of late has had to step aside. I'd like to thank him for his immense work that will be accredited of course in the game.

myhrik 11-09-2003 08:00 AM

Yes, we indeed miss the great jaf.

Wormsie 11-09-2003 08:38 AM

...but we still have time for a second shot.

Kolzig 04-17-2005 02:35 AM

Somehow today I remembered this game, and thought about checking how it is doing at the moment.

But the site doesn't exist anymore?

Trep? Wormsie?
Answers, please?

Ninja Dodo 04-17-2005 03:46 AM

Long story short, that particular address is down, but the site will be back and so will the game.

Kolzig 04-17-2005 04:25 AM

That's good to know.
Thanks for the information.

Erwin_Br 04-17-2005 05:34 AM

Deliberately-, or did you simply forget to lengthen the domain name registration?

--Erwin

Ninja Dodo 04-17-2005 08:07 AM

Something like that. It's slightly more complicated than that, but no, the site was not taken down deliberately.

Wormsie 04-17-2005 08:23 AM

We sort of wanted a shorter domain name and stuff, and we also wanted to change the host, and we just didn't lengthen the domain name registration.

At least that's what I think that happened. :shifty:

Kolzig 07-02-2005 03:03 PM

Hmm, is this the new site?
I just found it through google. :)
http://www.foreverdream.org/