You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Silver Sphinx Studios - Another Hero Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #1

Default Silver Sphinx Studios - Another Hero Game

Silver Sphnix Studios is a new freeware adventure developer. I must say I am impressed by their game "Hero of The Infamous Kingdoms". Its really funny, and I mean nice humour, not potty or profanity filled humour. The game even has speech! I like it so far, but had to stop playing because of a riddle that I couldn't answer. I tried checking their website, but it seems they are already out of bandwidth. Here is some more info, and I definitely recomend it to all fans of the Quest for Glory Series.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/under...tem.php?id=952
New underground studio formed, release first game
Silver Sphinx Studios formed from several pre-existing teams
Five developers of unfinished Sierra fangames have combined forces into a new, streamlined team - Silver Sphinx Studios.

The new studio comprises:
Codename Entertainment
Hero6 (Hero 6)
Infamous Adventures (Quest for Infamy, King's Quest 3 VGA Remake)
Project Katrina (Project Katrina)
Solar Crescent Studios (A Tale of Two Kingdoms)

Their first project - Hero of Infamous Kingdoms has already been released. No details have yet been given with regards to their future projects, and it's unsure whether they will continue any of the previous teams' projects.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I guess I'll have to try it out once their site gets its bandwidth back.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I managed to download it, but not play it yet. I thought it was an April Fools joke when I first heard about the "merger", but I guess it's for real. It's only 10 megs, maybe I could send it to you.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #4

Just upload it to http://www.yousendit.com/. Send the file to yourself and then post the download link on here so anybody can download it.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #5

Check out the AGS forum if you wanna dl it.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 04-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Alright, here it is! Enjoy one and all. I changed the name of the file to include the name of the game, so I'd know what it was. Otherwise it would just be called setupfull.exe.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #7

Thanks so much artwking! I got the game and have installed it.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Here is a mirror site for Silver Sphinx Studios.

And according to a post at the AGDI forums, this was indeed an April Fool's prank. But I think it was pretty clever. (And it is neat to see the screens from all the different games! Gives me something to look forward to. )

-emily
Old 04-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
Jack Bauer loves you

Ahh... the only reason I thought it might be real was because those sites still had the message on their homepages the day after April 1st, too.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #10

http://yuri.qsurf.org/h6/sss.html

If you really want the game but can't find it elsewhere, you can get it from here. Note, though, that the dl speed is really atrocious. I'll have to find a way to get it hosted somewhere else. >_>;; <_<;;

Edit: And actually, it was supposed to run a full week but due to a lot of negative feedback that Hero6 received, we decided to yank it. I didn't really expect people to start blasting us, right and left. Oh well!

Last edited by Lucifiel; 04-03-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #11

Your best bet would be to use the mirror site FOV posted above.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #12

That was fast!!! o_O;; I didn't know that someone managed to get it mirrored!!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Lucifiel, I got that link off a post on AGDI's forums.

I'm sorry to hear people are giving you guys a hard time about this. I thought it was clever and a nice way to experience bits and pieces of the games in progress. People will always find something to complain about, but it's too bad that they are since it's clear a lot of work and time went into this.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Lucifiel, I got that link off a post on AGDI's forums.

I'm sorry to hear people are giving you guys a hard time about this. I thought it was clever and a nice way to experience bits and pieces of the games in progress. People will always find something to complain about, but it's too bad that they are since it's clear a lot of work and time went into this.
But then again, I'm not going to pay much attention to those naysayers. They're always finicky, demanding and quick to dismiss the product, no matter how much work went into it. It's no wonder why being a commercial game developer is so frustrating and tiring. Actually, there's not much difference between a commercial and freeware game developer, is there?

Edit: Oh, I mean, I already knew about the site. However, the original download links went down 'cos the other site blew its' allocated bandwidth. I wasn't aware , though, that the download links were mirrored that quickly! o_O;;