You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
http://www.adventuregamers.com/under...nfo.php?id=416

This is the Underground forum, and underground games as we classify them are always free. So yeah, it's free

If a game is mentioned in this forum, you can almost certainly find information about it in this list.
Thank you, I will give it a try if I find the time...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #22
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
Just downloaded it, beat it in 40 minutes, and here are my thoughts:

I didn't really like it.
I agree with all of the points you made in your post. I thought the graphics in the game were great and the atmosphere was good....it just felt like a very juvenile attempt. The writing was very off, with unrealistic and over the top dialog simply to cater towards a "dark, brooding, and gritty" theme that it could have easily had without that. A lot of the puzzles were too easy and some of them felt too unevenly handled (especially the one involving the woman at the bar I mentioned in an earlier post).

I definitely applaud the effort made here, but I think a little of the adventure gamer's bias \ going easy on the n00b effort is in effect here.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:09 AM   #23
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

If we didn't go easy on amateur developers we'd have to trash practically every single effort. Not very productive, is it?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #24
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
If we didn't go easy on amateur developers we'd have to trash practically every single effort. Not very productive, is it?
Endlessly praising a game without offering a bit of constructive criticism isn't productive, either. In fact, it is probably much worse for the creator, because then the creator might continue to make their games exactly as before without focusing on some key areas that need some work, which would result in much better products. There is a big difference between "trashing" a game and pointing out what works and what doesn't. I don't think anyone here has trashed this game at all, and if anyone did, I'd probably be one of the first people up to defend it. It has problems, yes, but most of them could be improved upon in a future game. A lot of the game works beautifully, though. But to sit there and say it's perfect without focusing on any part of the game that fails doesn't help anyone.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #25
Hopeful skeptic

So who's endlessly praising it? I'm not seeing it. There's a huge difference between people saying they liked it (which they are) and saying the game is the best thing since sliced bread (which they're not). It's not necessary to offer constructive criticism here. This isn't the developer's forum.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #26
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Personally, in my reviews for AGers, I tend to focus more on the positive aspects. If some areas is particularly weak I will point it out, but otherwise, I don't really see the point. A lack of praise is indicative of a lack of quality, as well as out-right criticism...
Old 08-05-2006, 04:38 AM   #27

woah. I have played this game for about half an hour. I get home tonight and am ready to disolve my heavy head into the lake of electrons permeating the thick glass on my monitor. I know when I hear that music, I am entering a new world. This is relaxing. nice!

where can I get a rip of the music from?
Old 08-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #28
Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Mnemonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blashyrk
where can I get a rip of the music from?
You can download the game soundtrack in Ogg format from here: http://nihilis.games.cz/download/dc_soundtrack.zip

And if you like NaRCo's music, there are some more great tracks available from his personal homepage.