You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures New Game Released: the white chamber

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeX111
It downloads at about this same speed even when I'm not using BitTorrent. Though it actually seems to be running a bit faster than normal at the moment. Odd, that.
Well, if you are talking about downloads using peer-to-peer software, i would tell you to open ports that the programs (like bittorrent) use to make direct connections between you and the other user, which makes downloads alot faster. Also, it depends on what you mean is "high speed dsl". i got 2mbit download, which is around 250 kb/s in actual download speed. (as in kiloBYTES per second. there are eight bits in a byte, common misconception). if you know that the problem is the older computer you route through, feel free to tell me to shut it.

anyways. the file is up at http://fremmedrase.netcore.no/advent...amberSETUP.exe

enjoy! (for anyone else wanting it, feel free to download. it'll be there for a couple of days, and is probably the quickest way to acquire the game. the server is fast)

now, back to our regularly scheduled program. (discussing the game at hand, not the means to acquire it)
Old 03-31-2005, 03:39 PM   #22
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

From what I've played of it thus far, I like it quite a bit. Anyone who has played and enjoyed 5 Days a Stranger and its sequel should give it a try. The art is good and the scares are definitely there (though I'm sensing quite a Silent Hill \ Event Horizon vibe from most of it...). The only real criticism I have thus far as been the implementation of certain event triggers, making it a necessity to keep roaming back through the rooms over and over to see if new things have changed \ appeared \ can now be interacted with.

If I manage to beat it more than once today, I'll write a review and stick it over in the Reader Reviews forum.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Thanks so much, apignarb! I got the file now.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:09 PM   #24

Well, I've downloaded and tried it. It's a pretty good game (with a LOT of Silent Hill-esque horror); my only real complaint is that it's really short.

Spoiler:
So far I've gotten the Redemption ending. I might try again later to see about the other three.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I'm sure it's only a coincidence that you only have one post and just joined today.
Hi there.
I'm currently trying to figure out what it is you were trying to imply there.... any hints?

Greetings, Chris
Old 03-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #26
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Quote:
Originally Posted by dGalloway
Well, I've downloaded and tried it. It's a pretty good game (with a LOT of Silent Hill-esque horror); my only real complaint is that it's really short.

Spoiler:
So far I've gotten the Redemption ending. I might try again later to see about the other three.
Spoiler:
The other endings are easy to get. Just change your answers on the Yes \ No questions throughout the game. Saying "No" to the 'do you want to leave' question in the containment room gets you one ending, whereas acting really mournful through all the game's questioning will get you another. There is a fourth ending I have yet to find, which I assume has something to do with the useless fire extinguisher, blanket, and can of soda you find in the game.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeX111
Spoiler:
The other endings are easy to get. Just change your answers on the Yes \ No questions throughout the game. Saying "No" to the 'do you want to leave' question in the containment room gets you one ending, whereas acting really mournful through all the game's questioning will get you another. There is a fourth ending I have yet to find, which I assume has something to do with the useless fire extinguisher, blanket, and can of soda you find in the game.
Spoiler:
I found a use for the blanket; you can use it to cover the body after you re-assemble it. I have yet to find a use for the soda or fire extinguisher, though.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 PM   #28

Been playing the game and I'm liking it. It's refreshing to see such a unique style. I'm stuck at the moment in the game, but hopefully I'll figure it out sooner or later.

BTW, I was playing the game with headphones with the sound up really high, and sitting in a dark room. So this one part in the game scared the crap out of me. I won't spoil it, but I guess I was just caught off guard or something.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #29

I've completely the game and gotten two of the four different endings so far. I highly recommend trying it out, if you haven't already. It's definitely one of the best underground adventure games to come out in a while.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #30

Definetely worth the download - this is a game thick with atmosphere, great graphics and sound ... the plot is somewhat cliche - but all in all it's a wonderful package. Cutscenes are excellent too. Cheers to the good men at Studio Trophis !
Old 04-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #31

For those who can't use BitTorrent, the game is now available through an HTTP Mirror on the Studio Trophis website. It's not exactly the fastest download method, but it's there if you need it.

http://www.studiotrophis.com/download.php
Old 04-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #32
underwater adventurer

Send a message via ICQ to captain Nemo

Started playing the game. Very nice, I say. Greetings, nomad and other devs. I think it's succeful.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #33
kamikaze hummingbirds

The White Chamber's been featured in PC GAMER (UK) and I'm going to install it from the free DVD tomorrow (along with Ril' Cerat and Beneath A Steel Sky... lotsa free stuff).
Old 06-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #34

I'm downloading the file on the http format right now, the file estimates that it will take 1 hour and 33 minutes to download everything.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing this game. The screenshots look cool, in my opinion.