You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures 3D Adventure Using Doom3 or Unreal2 Engine. Adventurization

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
The New Guy

Send a message via MSN to Nath5000
Default 3D Adventure Using Doom3 or Unreal2 Engine. Adventurization

I know someone who works for Raven software who works with the Doom 3, working on Quake 4. He told me if I wanted to make a mod he could help me with the scripting and give me inside tips lol because he is like a programming genious. That was a while ago, but today, I got this idea. I should make a game using their own art and so on using the Doom 3 engine. Then the idea evolved when I was thinking about how I really dont like Doom 3's boring gameplay. So then I got the idea that it would be awesome to make an adventure game using a modern 3d engine like Doom 3 from a first person perspective.

First I'm going to learn how to use the Doom 3 editor, then I'm going to try to make an adventure game based off of the Doom 3 story somehow and design an interface for how to make a first person adventure work and be fun.

Anyone think this is a good idea?
or anyone interested in helping?

Id really even just like to get into a discussion about ideas with people of the possibilities of this kind of project.

Honestly adventure games have been shoved into the corner because they lack the modern tech, yet no spotlight engine (such as Doom3 Far Cry or HL2) adventure games have ever been made. I just thought maybe if someone modded those games into adventure games using the original premise of the games and their art, they could actually be liked by gamers because not only the depth that adventures give, but also the fact that it would be pleasing on the eyes. Let the Adventurization of these boring FPS begin. Now I just need to get home from this university library and get into the Doom3 engine!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

It's a really good idea, albeit an old one. It's gonna take a dedicated mod team to mod an engine like the Source engine into an adventure game.

There are people working in it, I think. I remember reading it here that someone was trying to make a detective mod.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
The New Guy

Send a message via MSN to Nath5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
It's a really good idea, albeit an old one. It's gonna take a dedicated mod team to mod an engine like the Source engine into an adventure game.

There are people working in it, I think. I remember reading it here that someone was trying to make a detective mod.
Im going to use doom3. Ive got one other person who is going to help me, and i have a programmer from Raven, who is working on quake who is going to help me with the scripting. If anyone wants to contribute to this idea such as basic modeling skills or other art skills or someone who has experience with the doom3 editor let me know. The game will not have much new art from doom3 besides a few small components.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Epinionated.

PM me. I can offer suggestions as a pro storyboard artist and avid campaigner for coherency in 3D adventures, got some ideas I'd like to bounce of you. Can't do any storyboards for you as I've got a ton on my plate ATM but at least can offer pointers as someone who does it for a living.