You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Background artists / character portrait artists needed [PAID]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert
Default Background artists / character portrait artists needed [PAID]

Hello!

I am looking for a few artists to work on a project that I've been designing on-and-off for the past two years. Now that the design doc is nearly complete, I figured it was time to take the plunge and do this for real.

A bit about the project. One year ago I created a freeware game called "Bestowers of Eternity." It was the first section of a much larger game, and I was going to release the rest of the game in installments. But, the reaction to the game was so phenomenal that I decided that the story (and the fan base) was strong enough to merit redoing the whole thing from scratch and releasing it on a commercial level. Since then, I've retooled the design for the game - revising the characters, plot and puzzles - and have reached a point where I'd like to discuss it with artists. I am no artist myself, and I'd like to give the game the level of detail that I think it deserves.

I currently have an excellent sprite/animator artist on board. He is a dynamo, but there's no way he can do it all on his own! In addition to him, I am looking for someone to design close-up talking animations for the characters, and a few background artists.

The game will be in (640 x 480 resolution, roughly in the style of "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" (see http://www.adventure-archiv.de/i/nomouthscreenshots.htm for examples).

I'm aiming to pay around $500 along with a bonus or commission if the game sells well. I believe in paying for quality work. This is a project I believe in and it can definitely lead to bigger things down the line if it takes off. At the very least, this game will enable you to create a diverse amount of artwork to use in a portfolio. Also, it'll be fun. If, after reading that, you are still interested - GREAT.

The original "Bestowers" (and the other freeware games I've written), are on the web at this website: http://www.davelgil.com

Please let me know if you are still interested. If so, we'll discuss it further. You can contact me at [email protected].

-Dave

Last edited by DaveGilbert; 01-01-2005 at 09:41 PM.