You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Character System Programmer Needed..!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
Programmer

Send a message via MSN to Halloko
Default Character System Programmer Needed..!

I'm the Lead Programmer of a 3D adventure game and, as of now, all the basics of the game engine has been completed (including the basic adventure game logic).
What we're in desperate search of is a character system programmer, who can design and implement a system that will enable us to have hi-res models and tons of animations available at run-time.

Together with me (who´s writing the main engine), you´ll be in charge of the character system and all aspects of it. I'll gladly help out in the areas I'm capable of, though

You will be responsible for..
- selecting a suitable character modeling format for the game (md3, 3ds, etc.)
- writing a system which can load the modeling format
- writing a system that can handle the loading and playing of animations for the loaded models
- writing a system that can easily be implemented in the main engine (preferably through the use of .libs)

Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of modeling formats and animation techniques (quarternions, etc.)
- Extensive C/C++ knowledge
- A dedicated attitude towards doing an indie project and working on a team

If you feel like you have what it takes, don´t hesitate to drop me a line at: [email protected] !
We're desperately looking for a talented programmer to help us achieve our goals..

Company Website