You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Escape From Evergreen Forest. Completed and released.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Adventurer

Default Escape From Evergreen Forest. Completed and released.

Greetings Adventurers.

This is my first post here, so I hope it's okay to announce the release of my first made-with-AGS Adventure game, "Escape From Evergreen Forest".

At first this project was a way for me to become familiar with how to make an Adventure game using the AGS engine, but after a while it took shape into a fairly big game, so I've decided to release it to public and hope that you all can enjoy it. I know that some of the art in the game is not "consistent", mainly because as I was making the game (as it was my first project like this), I "borrowed" a lot of art/graphics that I found from various sources on the internet just to use as "suitable placeholder" art for various parts of my game. Plus I'm a real amateur at all of this making Adventure Games, Art, Animations type of stuff too. And after already putting in about 5 months worth of my spare time on this project, I did not want to spend many more months of redrawing all of the art for the game. I figured most people would be understanding and forgiving on this point especially considering this is my first adventure game I've created.

Still, I think that the overall story, puzzles, action and playability of the game can be much enjoyed by fans of Adventure Games, and I've also included a lot of "Easter egg" type of surprises into the game as well.

Making this game was an adventure in itself, and I've improved so many of my skills along the way, so I feel that any of my future projects will be much improved as well.

For more info on my game and where to download, visit the following link:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=450

Or you can also visit my "Amazing Adventures!" website over at:
http://www.adventure.easyurl.org/

Of course I would enjoy to get any of your comments about the game.
Best regards,
--- Don "The Barbarian".
Old 09-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!

I'm currently downloading your game. It will take a bit though, 56ker...

I'll post my comments after I've played it.

Oh yeah, enjoy your stay and post lots.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 09-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #3
guybrush_guy

welcome, i have already downloaded you game, i'm awaint to play it (going to play the future boy demo first. i'll post back my thoughts

Old 10-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #4
Life and times of...

I played it during the first dayswhen you released it. Great stuff, especially for a first game
Old 09-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #5

Hello there

We cannot find the speech pack for Escape From Evergreen Forest. The website ags says to get it from does not work any more.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
Elegantly copy+pasted

Have you looked here? I don't see anything about a speech pack, though. Why do you think there is one?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

Holy crap this is old!!! Links don't seem to work for me...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #8
NO senior just Senorita..

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freew...n-Forest.shtml