You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #21

I got it to work.

The graphics seem nice, but it's all very dark. You can't really see where you're going. This becomes a problem because you you don't have a fixed number for the number of slides in a 360° view. Sometimes it's two, sometimes three, and sometimes four. Add this to the fact that you can't see where you're going and navigating becomes a pain.

Spoiler:
Is this just a techdemo? It's pretty short for a real demo. There's one book that teleports me to a room nearby and another book that plays a movie. Is that correct or did I miss something?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
ILATHID junky

Send a message via AIM to Grover

It is more of a techdemo and that this is the first area of the game, indeed. In order to avoid clashing with Cyan's work, we kept the D'ni part as short as possible.

And yes, this area is dark, as the quake severed the power there.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #23

I understand your reasons for making that area darker and understood it to be the destroyed D'ni, but I think navigation would be easier and more straigthforward if all locations had 4 images, each using 90° of the view. It would not only improve navigation, but it would also make the scrolling motion when you turn prettier. I think the increased filesize of all those images is justified in this age of broadband.

I would also like to appologize if I come over as rude or ungratefull in this or the previous post. I only want to make some helpfull suggestions. I really love the mystgames and -universium, and I think it's wonderfull someone is making another fangame for it!

(btw: check out http://www.dnilegacy.com, another myst fangame. I've done the (awfull) programming on that. Ah, those were the days! )
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #24
ILATHID junky

We heard ya and will take this opinion in account. Thanks.

According to the latest tests we made, here are the versions you need to install :

pygame-1.6.win32-py2.3 : http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.6.win32-py2.3.exe
python 2.3.5 : http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.5/Python-2.3.5.exe
sld codec pack 2.2 : http://www.h3u.de/downloads/SLD%20co...c.pack.2.2.exe

Last edited by Grover; 01-10-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #25

I've downloaded demo including all those extra files.

However, before I actually play with it.
I certain would like what really are those extra files?
Old 01-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #26
ILATHID junky

Copy/paste from another forum :

1) download the above 4 things(the 3 files from the above post, and the game from the website.)
2) install the python 2.3 file.(don't worry if you have other python's installed; if you already have 2.3, you can skip this step.)
3) install the SLD codec pack.
4) install the pygame 1.6 file.
5) "unrar" the game to any folder.(if you don't have winrar, here it is: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe)
6) double-click "Ilathid.pyc" in that folder
Old 01-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #27

Grover,

I have downloaded and install all related files.

It seems SLD codec pack is for windows XP and lots error while installing

Demo doesn't work even after restarting my system.

I am using wondows 98 Second edition.

Last edited by splat44; 01-11-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:07 AM   #28
ILATHID junky

For support and help about any installation/play issue, please go to the Official Thread at our boards.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #29
ILATHID junky

Some news, at last...

Our boards have been hacked last March, and this has dramatically disturbed our activity, but we didn't stop working.

The second PC demo is on the work table, we heard critics and comments. It will include sound and brand new graphics. It's not yet a "all in one" app, but we're confident, it will be.

That's all for now, thnks for reading.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #30

I just found out about this game lol, I am no big fan of Myst but this does look interesting. How is the project comming along so far?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #31

So any news on this game?!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #32
ILATHID junky

Sorry for the late reply...

Yes, this project is still alive, but we're actually moving all of our assets to a new server, so our activity is temporary stopped down.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #33

Super, vous avez l'air de faire du tres bon boulot. Je n'ai pas pu essayer la premiere demo du jeux, car ca a l'air tres compliquer a installer ect... J'espere que la seconde demo sera plus facile a installer.

Bonne continuation a tous.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #34
ILATHID junky

Hi peoples, so long time with no news...

Some of you may know we encountered many issues during the last months (boards hacks, server changes, lack of communication, real life for some of us...). But the project is still moving forward, really.

So, what happend during this time ?

The Ilathid Team kept on working at a slower path that we'd like, but still working.
A bundled version of the demo is available at our website (no more need to install crytic apps, everything neede is included)
We're working on a total boards/website revamp, stay tuned...

And we're also glad to let you know that everybody who wants to help us is welcome :

Quote:
People,

I'm asking ALL FORUM MEMBERS (regardless of status) to help us with organizing the project information at the below site:

http://www.ilathid.com/wiki

It is a wiki section, in which we'll transplant our old knowledge base and add ALL relevant info from the internet (Tutorials/. Those willing or able to help, please post below and register at the wiki. This is essential for future plans, so do it ASAP. Also inform us which info you'll like to contribute with. The idea is to build a giant resource for all those who want to develop their own games, as well as our own project.

Design suggestion for all our assets (blog/shop/forum/wiki) are also welcome. Those interested, please put them in the wiki or here.

On images and media:

If you are an artist/programmer and wish to donate your work (model/texture/sound/tutorials/anything else) to us, we'd be mighty glad. we won't resell, redistribute it (unless if you want us to do so) or use it in anything commercial (i.e. that gives us profits, however we may want to use it in our cafepress shop, which is cost-price). Please send it via www.yousendit.com (it is very secure) to [email protected] with the license files. Please send the collection with the following standardization if you intend to send multiple files.

The filename standardization to be used is Collection_<FileType>_<BaseFolder>_<Subdivision (if applicable)>_title_number.<extension>. Example: Collection_model_Cars_Antique_1930s_01.zip. Does everyone agree with this? If not, please post suggestions.

Let's get cracking.

-Paulo, project leader