Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Artist Needed???????? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/4188-artist-needed.html)

Bobyboy 08-06-2004 04:13 PM

Artist Needed????????

On the 20th of August i return home to england and on the 19 of september i get my scanner and computer back and such, now to my question.... im an artist and if any one wishes for me to be part of team , via mail or phone for a Adventure gaming project i will be glad to help and create 2d backgrounds , scan them in and send them via email

If you wish to get incontact with me , please either add me through msn or just send me an email

[email protected]

I will be able to produce quality backgrounds of the like seen in broken swrod 1 and 2 ....

So give us a buz :)

Glenn Epic 08-06-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobyboy
On the 20th of August i return home to england and on the 19 of september i get my scanner and computer back and such, now to my question.... im an artist and if any one wishes for me to be part of team , via mail or phone for a Adventure gaming project i will be glad to help and create 2d backgrounds , scan them in and send them via email

If you wish to get incontact with me , please either add me through msn or just send me an email

[email protected]

I will be able to produce quality backgrounds of the like seen in broken swrod 1 and 2 ....

So give us a buz :)

That's a generous offer. I can't say that I'm in need of an artist at the moment, but I'm sure somebody is :)

Bobyboy 08-06-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New_Order
That's a generous offer. I can't say that I'm in need of an artist at the moment, but I'm sure somebody is :)

i mean it would be obviously much better if these people are located within in england but if there not that is fine , but i will be happy to do backgrounds for them , quality as well :)

Intrepid Homoludens 08-06-2004 05:12 PM

Welcome, Bobyboy. I moved your thread to AG Underground - Amateur Adventures, where it'll get much better reception. Good luck. 8-)

Intrepid Homoludens 08-06-2004 05:49 PM

:eek: Oops!! Cripes, Babyboy, I just remembered, how stupid of me. A bunch of us are actually working on a classic 2D point-&-clicker, The Curves Of Danger, which is a noir style murder mystery set in a mansion. I think we still need artists. I am the Principal Writer and PR man.

Here is all the info you need, including teaser site, original music clips, screenshots, dialogue snippets, and contact information. If you're interested.

Maquisard 08-06-2004 06:12 PM

He's looking to make 2d backgrounds. You guys seem to be using 3d prerendered graphics. A question: from the lack of characters in screenshots, I presume the game will be first person? (please no!) :\

Intrepid Homoludens 08-06-2004 07:08 PM

I'm not sure if we need any more 3D prerendered background artists, but James (Project Director) may have some other things for Bobyboy to do. Contact him and find out.

There are no characters in the screenshots yet because we're still working on them. They will be in real time 3D and fully animated while the backgrounds are prerendered (think Grim Fandango). In the spirit of film noir the entire game will be in black & white.

Bobyboy, if you have friends who are talented at 3D animating let James know as well.

Toefur 08-06-2004 08:47 PM

I already have a background artist... I don't suppose you can do character art and animation? :)

Maquisard 08-07-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
There are no characters in the screenshots yet because we're still working on them. They will be in real time 3D and fully animated while the backgrounds are prerendered (think Grim Fandango). In the spirit of film noir the entire game will be in black & white.

Oh wow. What engine are you guys using that supports realtime 3d characters? Seems like you're shooting for a comercial release type game? (hehe, I can see those royalties piling up!)

Wormsie 08-07-2004 11:41 PM

Nope, no realtime 3D. Prerendered 3D. *pans Trep gently*

We are using WME which will someday support realtime 3D, though...

Bobyboy 08-13-2004 04:37 AM

sorry guys , i didnt realise my topic had been moved, as i said , im moving back home so i will only be able to do it later on in the month and yes anything with 2d such as backgrounds or characters i am happy to do , either conceptual or in game ...... thanx guys

ill be checking up every day on this thread so write all you want guys.... oh and preferbaly people from england but otherwise its still fine

RLacey 08-14-2004 12:40 PM

I'm always looking for artists. Not specifically for an adventure game at this exact moment in time (I have another project to clear up first), but very shortly...

Oh, and I live in England ;). Rock on, me!

Bobyboy 08-14-2004 04:59 PM

give me a heads up then lacey IF you are ding an adventure game and i might just give ya a hand