You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #1

Default Sierra's Space Quest + TW2002 game

The game I am making is called "Space Quest Wars" and combines two games: Space Quest and Trade Wars 2002.

I assume most fans of adventure games knows about Sierra's Space Quest series. However, let me briefly explain Trade Wars 2002.

It was a BBS game that was all text based. However, it was a very intricate stratagy game involving different space-ships, planets that could be generated, trading posts to make "credits" from, and a range of weapons ranging from photo missles to interdictor generators to limpit tracking mines. The amazing thing about the game is that it would go on for months and your "stuff" wasn't safe after you logged off. You could be invaded at any time and destroyed, and the next time you'd log on you'd get "So-and-so has destroyed your stuff. You must wait 24 hours to log back on" only to log on the next day with only a ship. It is still around at [http://www.eisonline.com/products/tw2002.htm]... but being text-based it is not all that popular.

I am currently writing a program in Java/Flash called Space Quest wars which will combine many of the elements of Trade Wars 2002 in a graphical form with Space Quest adventure game playability. You will have a ship to trade with, fight with in space, create planets and corporations with other players, but it will have Sierra style graphics and playability at the main space mall (Call Stardocks) and on the planets.

What I have so far is playable at http://68.170.34.206:2000/SQW.php If you are interested, please check it out. It is playable.

However, I am a developer and not a graphics person. I am looking for someone who can create crude but nice graphics in Space Quest III style (ie, for the space mall something close to "Monolith Burger" if you remember the game).

Anyone interested can write me at [email protected]. Thanks.