You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Web designer for development team sought

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
True blue adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke
Default Web designer for development team sought

Hello, everyone.

I'm the co-designer of a new fantasy adventure game which could probably be described as having the lighthearted nature of King's Quest, the humor of the Quest for Glory or Monkey Island series, and the depth of Gabriel Knight. My co-designer and I have been working on the game on and off for almost two years, and we think the time has finally come to prepare to tell the world about our efforts.

Although Travis and I could probably be considered "amateurs," we're both talented writers and storytellers, and have had some previous non-professional game design experience. We've already written a large amount of the game's story, and we hope to have the script finished by the end of the year. Several months ago, we started recruiting a small group of concept artists to begin "putting flesh on the bones," but for one reason or another, we haven't done much concrete work on the game together recently. However, we've resolved to change that. We have very high hopes for the game (3D graphics, digital music, voice actors, etc.), and plan to market the game, but we know that it isn't going to get anywhere unless we take active steps to ensure its completion.

In addition to my duties as co-designer, I am also the project's communications and public relations director, which kind of befits me, since I'm a Communication Technology major at my university, due to graduate in December (YAY!). Travis has asked me to recruit more concept artists and design a Web site for the project by the middle of next month. Communication Technology majors like myself concentrate on Website design and other high-tech forms of communication (hence the name), so I know what most would consider intermediate HTML, but I'm a little rusty at this point.

That said, I don't want to be our site's chief architect, especially since I've already got my hands full with the design of the game. Add to that the fact that I'm going to need to take full control of the project for a while soon due to Travis's family having to move, and there's no way I could put together a nice-looking site in the space of 6 weeks. So, I'm going to need someone's help.

I've already put together a basic sitemap diagram illustrating what the site's structure should be. We're not looking for anything truly extensive, but still polished and professional. We plan to have our own domain name, hosted forum system, and other hallmarks of a pro site, so we'd need a design to match that.

In a nutshell, we're looking for someone with proficient knowledge of HTML and access to a graphics package such as Adobe Photoshop who can put together a site for us which would be easy for me or someone else to update regularly. Knowledge of more advanced technologies such as Flash is also a plus.

If you would like to be considered for a Web designer position, please reply to this thread or e-mail me at [email protected]. Please be prepared to show samples of previous work.

Thanks,
Luke Jensen

EDIT: At this point, this project is a completely volunteer effort. As such, we do not currently have the means to pay any contributors. If, however, the game is published commercially (and we're going to do everything we can to produce a commercial-quality, marketable game), then all contributors will be paid for their time and effort. We may be able to pay team members at some point before the game's release, but as of now, we cannot offer monetary compensation.

Last edited by Luke; 06-01-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

You ARE gonna pay the one who does this, yes?
And how much?

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 06-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannar85
And how much?
Hi jannar, I'd like to introduce you to reality.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 06-01-2004, 06:26 PM   #4
True blue adventurer

Default See my edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannar85
And how much?
Jannar,

See my edited post. We just can't do that right now.

Luke
Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 AM   #5
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Hi jannar, I'd like to introduce you to reality.
Hi Jake, I was being realistic.

Even though, this is the same method that I usually do:

Quote:
WHEN the game is published commercially (and we're going to do everything we can to produce a commercial-quality, marketable game), then all contributors will be paid for their time and effort.
I was just asking that question, since it didn't get answered in the first post before the edit.
Sorry again if I offended you, Jake.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 06-02-2004, 05:29 AM   #6
Under pressure.

It's all about the money, dum-de-dum...

--Erwin
Old 06-05-2004, 09:40 AM   #7
True blue adventurer

Default We've found one

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've found someone interested in helping us with the site. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the game.

Luke