Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Maniac Mansion Deluxe ~ Dead-End?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/3462-maniac-mansion-deluxe-%7E-dead-end.html)

Len Green 05-29-2004 04:54 AM

Maniac Mansion Deluxe ~ Dead-End??

*** S.O.S. ***
I can't seem to progress so I reluctantly took a peep at a walkthru.
I wonder whether I've run into a dead end here ??

One walkthru says (about ½ way down ..... I think I've got further than that in the game!!)
<<< "Now you must make friends with Weird Ed. ................................. First, you must position one of the people outside by the mailbox to ensure that you get the package before Ed does (when the front door bell rings)." >>>

But the bell rang ages ago ... Ed got his package & I stole several items from his room.
Can I get him to go for ANOTHER parcel ?? And if so, HOW ??? ((So that I can "make friends with him"))
*** Or do I have to replay a bit over half the game almost from the beginning?
..... i.e. a dead end ??***

IF ANYBODY CAN CORRECT ME AND SHOW HOW THIS IS **NOT** A DEAD-END ... PLEASE DO SO (ASAP) !
Thanks in advance !

AGA 05-29-2004 12:37 PM

Nope. That one parcel was your one shot. You don't need to befriend Ed to win the game though, so don't worry.

DomStLeger 05-29-2004 12:46 PM

I always wondered btw, if you get locked in the cellar how do you get out?

charybdis 05-29-2004 02:01 PM

Do you mean the dungeon? If so, there's a fake brick on the wall. As long as two kids are incarcerated, one can push it to open the door and allow the other to escape.

Sky Warrior Bob 05-30-2004 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA
Nope. That one parcel was your one shot. You don't need to befriend Ed to win the game though, so don't worry.

Yeah, there are multiple, multiple endings for the game. All dependant on who's in your team, and what actions you take. So it is true, that if you're going for a specific ending, you might have to restart. But somewhere in the FAQ, there's still some sort of ending you can strive for.

Sky Warrior Bob

spaceship789 06-21-2004 11:49 PM

you don't NEED to make friends with Ed.

If you have missed out on ed, then you will simply need to make friends with some *other* authority figure..

perhaps look on the wall of the radio room

(I assume you are playing with bernard )

Ninth 07-05-2004 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Yeah, there are multiple, multiple endings for the game. All dependant on who's in your team, and what actions you take. So it is true, that if you're going for a specific ending, you might have to restart. But somewhere in the FAQ, there's still some sort of ending you can strive for.

Sky Warrior Bob

But... if you don't get the parcel, you don't get the stamps, right?

Spoiler:
And if you don't get the stamps, you can't send anything by mail, and therefore cannot get rid of the Purple Tentacle... (unless you play with Bernard)

Or am I missing something? (which I hope, because I'm stuck for the same reason)