You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures My last 3D movie (at least for school)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
Headbanger

Default My last 3D movie (at least for school)

Of course when it's me we're talking about there were to much animation to be done and to little time. But since it was suppose to be funny from the start it turned out all right anyway.

To bad that I can't show you the finalversion with music (but due to codecs problems and one day left to deadline it got really huge).

http://www.kraftcentrum.org/ratbrain_ljud.avi
Old 05-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

that was pritty cool,

good work!! that deserves a rep point!

Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
that was pritty cool,

good work!! that deserves a rep point!
Thanks alot!

If anybody has a problem viewing it then please let me know cause I'm going to show it at an exhibition in a couple of days (but then with sound of course ).
Old 05-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #4

Hey, pretty nice!

I don't know if you're looking for critique but I thought I'd make a few suggestions anyway...

- In the first shot with the mouse he kind of moves his upper body, but his hands stay in the same spot. It looks a bit strange, like they're nailed to the air. If you put just a little bit of motion on them, just some random (very subtle) swaying or something, it would work a lot better.

- When he grabs the sword he doesn't really pull it. If you want to make it look like it's really stuck in the wall, you should make him at least perform a tugging motion before he gets it out. So have him grab it with his arm bent, then quickly move the torso back, straightening the arm, and the bend the arm again as the sword comes out of the wood. Timing is important here as well; If you do certain bits too fast, the action won't register with the audience, and if you do it too slow it will look weightless.

- The jug hits the floor too softly. I think it actually slows down just before it hits. What you want to do is set the function curve of that bit of animation to linear interpolation so you don't get the smoothing out of the motion... and maybe you could add a 2-frame bounce to give it some more energy.

Those are the main things really...

Also, I totally recommend you have a look at this. It has helped me tons. If you're considering getting books on animation, get "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams and "Acting for Animators" by Ed Hooks.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #5
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
If you're considering getting books on animation, get "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams and "Acting for Animators" by Ed Hooks.
I ordered exactly those books (from amazon.co.uk) but they never arrived so I had to borrow my friends books. So unfourtunately I didn't have time to read them properly. :eek: But the deadline was upon me anyway so I didn't really have time to make any real modifications.