You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #1

Default Game Engine

There was a really nice looking adventure game engine out of Germany which i downloaded a year or so back, but I've lost the download and now can't find hide nor hare of online. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it still around? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to g2-man

I think I only know two German engines, both of which are quite interesting. There's Visionaire and Project Bermuda. Hope that's of help.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2-man
I think I only know two German engines, both of which are quite interesting. There's Visionaire and Project Bermuda. Hope that's of help.
Visionaire!!! that's it! Thank you..........now I am wondering why doesn't anyone in the underground community seem to use it?
Old 05-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to g2-man

It's still quite new. It's what, only a year old at this stage, not as established as other engines like AGS, SLUDGE and AGAST. Though it is a very interesting program, I had a similar idea worked out, then two weeks later Visionaire was announced and released! Damn them being a year ahead of me. (I still believe my idea is better though. ;-P)
Old 10-15-2004, 07:03 AM   #5

Quote:
It's still quite new. It's what, only a year old at this stage, not as established as other engines like AGS, SLUDGE and AGAST. Though it is a very interesting program, I had a similar idea worked out, then two weeks later Visionaire was announced and released! Damn them being a year ahead of me. (I still believe my idea is better though. ;-P)
I have been a Visionaire user for over a year now... and have seen it get better with every release.

I would definitely say its one of the best engines available for this sort of thing now. They have crammed so many features in - that work so easily! You dont even have to learn a basic programming language either - its all visual.

I am really disapointed on behalf of all the developers that this engine isnt more widely known about - its an amazing piece of work that deserves a lot more credit.

Granted the English part of the site wasnt very well supported - but I have established myself as a part of the team now - and regularly provide help and assistance to fellow Visionaires - and try to post relevant news to keep people coming back.

www.visionaire-online.de

All the best
Revvin
Old 10-15-2004, 07:40 AM   #6
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
I think it's also the case that many people don't like resticted-licence products, and Visionaire restricts selling of the games. And, whilst there is a freeware version, many people are uncomfortable with having their files edited by others.

Having said that, I mean to give Visionaire a try...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I think it's also the case that many people don't like resticted-licence products, and Visionaire restricts selling of the games. And, whilst there is a freeware version, many people are uncomfortable with having their files edited by others.

Having said that, I mean to give Visionaire a try...
I can see what you mean... but to be fair - if somebody actually produces something that they could feasibly sell - €20 for a Visionaire license is not really a lot to pay for the privilege?

Old 10-16-2004, 04:35 AM   #8
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvin
Granted the English part of the site wasnt very well supported - but I have established myself as a part of the team now - and regularly provide help and assistance to fellow Visionaires - and try to post relevant news to keep people coming back.
You know, I think that's a serious problem. A forum, for example, is a treasure of information when you have a problem with a software product. You can search through the archives to find a solution, or post a question. It's unfortunate when most people on a forum speak only German. AGS is very popular, and because it has this huuuge, helpful community, it gets even more popular by the day. A forum, or better: a community, is very important.

--Erwin
Old 10-16-2004, 12:41 PM   #9
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvin
I can see what you mean... but to be fair - if somebody actually produces something that they could feasibly sell - €20 for a Visionaire license is not really a lot to pay for the privilege?

Oh, I'm not about to disagree with you here, but many people are put off by price lists. Sad but true. Even when they aren't too bad ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-16-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
helpful community
AGS users, like any other discussion board members anywhere, are absolutely terrible people.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #11
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
AGS users, like any other discussion board members anywhere, are absolutely terrible people.
I'd say there are terrible people amongst them, just like in the real, big world

--Erwin