You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Any freeware developers up for doing paid work?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #1

Default Any freeware developers up for doing paid work?

Hi there,

we are a small team looking to go into the development process of a 2D Curse of Monkey Island style adventure game we have been designing.

We are pitching the game to an investor in 3 weeks time, and would like to know if there are any freeware developers out there interested in working on our project?

If anyone is interested please could you reply to this topic and give us an estimate of how much you would expect to be paid for the work involved? The game takes place in one room with one player character and three other characters. In terms of complexity of the interface, the game will be similar to Hector: Badge of Carnage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0AOLI2e_A

We are aiming at iOS platforms.

If you need more information just reply to this topic,
Thanks
The Colourless Game Team
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Game Creator Hobbyist

What roles do you need filling? Can you say anything else about the game? (Such as what do you mean by CMI-style? The graphical style, the humour, the setting, the not-so-good ending on an otherwise great game…?) Do you have a timeframe on the project?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
What roles do you need filling? Can you say anything else about the game? (Such as what do you mean by CMI-style? The graphical style, the humour, the setting, the not-so-good ending on an otherwise great game…?) Do you have a timeframe on the project?
Hiya Trumgottist,

we're looking for an iOS programmer. And I should have mentioned that its the graphical style of CMI that we're trying to emulate.

There's no timeframe on the project yet.

It's a fairly traditional 2D point and click adventure where the player controls one character (see Hector: Badge of Carnage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0AOLI2e_A). The interface will be the same as Hector with the exception of some additional iPad gestures to aid interaction with characters and objects (i.e single tap to walk to an item, double tap to look at an item). The game takes place in three locations, but the majority of the game takes place in the first room. In terms of playing time, the game will be similar to the first episode of Hector. Also - like Hector, but not quite the same - we are going for a British comedy feel. There is a lot of dialogue, which we will be recording in a professional sound studio.

We are also hiring an animator to do all of our animation so we expect there to be quite a bit of animation for the developer to insert into the game.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Thanks!
The Colourless Game Team
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Game Creator Hobbyist

An iOS programmer, that's not me. But good luck! I may be interested in playing it once it's done.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Game Creator Hobbyist

A suggestion (if you haven't already thought of it): You'll probably have better luck finding a programmer on a programming-specific forum than here.