You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Sjorok, A new adventure game releasing tomorrow!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to excentri
Default Sjorok, A new adventure game releasing tomorrow!

Hello everybody!
I thought this place would be great to let you guys know about a new game that's going to release tomorrow.
You can find out more about the game at our facebook page and see some images: http://www.facebook.com/Sjorok

So, the games name is "Sjörök" and this text will describe it briefly:

Sjörök is an adventure game played in first person perspective where you as the player explore a mysterious swedish archipelago, long since abandoned by its former inhabitants. It is up to you to explore the abandoned islands and find out what happened in times long past.

Well, I will tell you when it's up and ready for download. the game will be free, but if you like it we will be very happy for any donation amount.

We're developing this for all of you adventure fans! Like us on facebook to support us.

Have a nice day!

//excentri
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

Those are some good-looking screenshots you have there. I look forward to being able to play the game.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #3

I'm glad you're looking forward to it. The game is more like an experience in some way. But you will find out by yourself soon.

//Edit

The game is now available. We got 100 likes on facebook and because of that we now releasing it one day earlier.

Visit this page to download and for more information: http://www.2hourlunchstudios.com/

Last edited by excentri; 10-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #4

Alright, it seems a nice game and I'm playing with it!

However, due to language barrier it's nearly impossible to understand menu items. Though, managed to pick up piece of papers using "E" button and to exit the boat!

But how we exit the game?
Menu item doesn't seem leading to this?
So far I have quite the game pre-maturely!

Perhaps, why not include instruction in english here and maybe someone from here can help to translate from your language to english!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #5

Hi splat44!

We are sorry for the language. We have talked about making a English version of the game so that everyone can enjoy the game and understand the story of the game.
It's very possible that we're going to make a translation cause there have been many people complaining about that and thats understandable.

Yes, you can exit the game from the menu. I can translate some of it later today to help you out.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #6

Great excentri, I am looking forward to this

It the area where keystrokes is listed example: w,d, a and ect... that I am questioning!

I know we can use arrow key + keystrokes listed above to move.

Now, I came aross music sheet but I am not asking how to solved as I have an idea but how to exit that screen before solving it?

Yes, I did manage to exit game via menu and I believe it last item as "Avstud".
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Freeware Co-ordinator

A shame about the language issue. Sadly, an English transaltion is probably a must for you reaching a wider audience.

Whilst I can't help with the translation itself, as a native English speaker I'd be more than happy to proofread a translation for you. I've done it for a few other games in the past.

Cold Topic

Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #8

@splat44

I'm sorry for the late reply. It has been a very busy week and I haven't been able to relax until now.
I made a simple translation on the picture in this link. Hope it will be helpful.

-->English menu translation here <--

@stepurhan

Yes, it's a shame. But we're going to have a meeting about that very soon. As a matter of fact the game was only a student project made in 10 weeks. But then we won a competition and we had to release the game in a very short time. That's the main reason why the game currently only is available in Swedish.
I will inform you if we're making an English translation. There isn't much to translate in the game but I'm glad that you are willing to proofread it. It would be helpful, thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Freeware Co-ordinator

Good news. Drop me a PM whenever you need to.

In the interim, I have made sure to point the game out to my Swedish friends. Hopefully they will be able to fill me in on what I'm missing.

Cold Topic

Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by excentri View Post
@splat44

I'm sorry for the late reply. It has been a very busy week and I haven't been able to relax until now.
I made a simple translation on the picture in this link. Hope it will be helpful.

-->English menu translation here <--

@stepurhan

Yes, it's a shame. But we're going to have a meeting about that very soon. As a matter of fact the game was only a student project made in 10 weeks. But then we won a competition and we had to release the game in a very short time. That's the main reason why the game currently only is available in Swedish.
I will inform you if we're making an English translation. There isn't much to translate in the game but I'm glad that you are willing to proofread it. It would be helpful, thanks!
Ah that good, I am wonder about "on land" is it "P" keystroke that involved here? When and how should it be used in game play?

Regards
Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #11

No, "P" does not have any function in the game.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Lazy Bee

As Stepurhan said, he's encouraged me to play Sjörök and I have just started and finished one island. It's looking really good so far. I like the misty atmosphere, very well supported by the music.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #13

I'm glad you like it this far. Tell me if you're stuck somewhere and I'll help you.