You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Quest 5.0 now available - new free open source text adventure system

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 01:24 AM   #1

Default Quest 5.0 now available - new free open source text adventure system

I've just released Quest 5.0, and you can download it at http://www.textadventures.co.uk/quest/

This version is a complete rewrite, and is free and open source. It allows you to create text adventure games without any programming experience.

You can create games that include pictures, sounds and even video from YouTube, and then upload them to the website where you can share them with others. People can play your game in a web browser without having to download any software.

You can create games in English, French, German, Spanish or Dutch, or create your own translation.

I've spent the last few months working full time on this, so any feedback is appreciated!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

Sounds like an impressive piece of software. I'm a bit busy at the moment but I will try to look at it in the not too distant future.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Stalker of Britain

This sounds really awesome! Creating a text adventure with my own ideas sounds great. I've downloaded it and I'm going to give it a try, when I have some freetime. Thanks so much for your hard work!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes