You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #1

Default Rainbow Entertainment (Macedonia)

There is a group called Rainbow Entertainment from Macedonia.

Latest horror adventure release:

Lady Goldsleeves

Official site:

http://rainbowenter.webs.com/

Hope that you'll like our games

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

I will give this a look.

Just a couple of observations about your site. From the blog post, it appears Lady Goldsleeves is your third game, but your download sections says "Stay tuned for the first game". What were your previous releases and can you put links up for them? Also, I think it would be good if you put in a little bit more of a description and some screenshots. It's not the largest download I've ever seen, but it is still moderately hefty for a freeware release. A few details that will make people want to learn more is more likely to get them downloading.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #3

http://rainbowenter.webs.com is an interesting website.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #4

Quote:
I will give this a look.

Just a couple of observations about your site. From the blog post, it appears Lady Goldsleeves is your third game, but your download sections says "Stay tuned for the first game". What were your previous releases and can you put links up for them? Also, I think it would be good if you put in a little bit more of a description and some screenshots. It's not the largest download I've ever seen, but it is still moderately hefty for a freeware release. A few details that will make people want to learn more is more likely to get them downloading.
I made changes on the site later on. So, now everything is settled... Just some descriptions for the games in the Download section.

Thanks for suggestions. I'm waiting for some comments about the games...
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
Freeware Co-ordinator

I'm having a few issues that are rendering the game difficult to play.

It seems to have been set up for wide-screen format. I don't have a wide-screen monitor and playing in my normal resolution means that the edges of the game don't display on-screen. As this includes the left-hand end of the inventory, this renders the game unplayable. I can resolve this problem by changing to wide-screen resolution but forcing players to change their resolution to play your game is going to prove a turn-off to most.

The photographic presentation is nice, but inventory items do tend to stand out as clearly not being part of the original photo. This is infinitely preferable to pixel-hunting, but that problem is dealt with by your changing cursor anyway.

I liked the music and I admire the fact that you've tried to fully voice the game in English, despite that presumably not being your native language. However, as is to be expected in the circumstances, your pronunciation is not always perfectly clear. This is exacerbated in the opening monologue, where the music overpowers the speech so I can only make out part of what is being said. Subtitles, either permanent or optional, would address this issue.

The thing that has brought me to a halt is the inability to back out of a view when I would expect to be able to do so. This first came up on the game menu, where I couldn't find a way of exiting the help screen. I tried, clicking (which does nothing) Esc (which brings up the Exit and Load/Save game interface) and various other keys without success. Within the game itself, I got stuck with a close-up of a door. This was in the room on the left of the opening hallway. There is laughter when you enter so I presume the ghost jams it behind you. I looked at the door and, not seeing any way of fixing it with my current inventory, wanted to move back to examine the room for other items. Again, I could find no way of doing it. It is possible that everything I needed was on screen anyway, but this doesn't alter the fact that I should be able to step away from the door if I want to.

I see potential here but, as it stands, these problems put me off trying to play further.

Cold Topic

Old 08-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I'm having a few issues that are rendering the game difficult to play.

It seems to have been set up for wide-screen format. I don't have a wide-screen monitor and playing in my normal resolution means that the edges of the game don't display on-screen. As this includes the left-hand end of the inventory, this renders the game unplayable. I can resolve this problem by changing to wide-screen resolution but forcing players to change their resolution to play your game is going to prove a turn-off to most.

The photographic presentation is nice, but inventory items do tend to stand out as clearly not being part of the original photo. This is infinitely preferable to pixel-hunting, but that problem is dealt with by your changing cursor anyway.

I liked the music and I admire the fact that you've tried to fully voice the game in English, despite that presumably not being your native language. However, as is to be expected in the circumstances, your pronunciation is not always perfectly clear. This is exacerbated in the opening monologue, where the music overpowers the speech so I can only make out part of what is being said. Subtitles, either permanent or optional, would address this issue.

The thing that has brought me to a halt is the inability to back out of a view when I would expect to be able to do so. This first came up on the game menu, where I couldn't find a way of exiting the help screen. I tried, clicking (which does nothing) Esc (which brings up the Exit and Load/Save game interface) and various other keys without success. Within the game itself, I got stuck with a close-up of a door. This was in the room on the left of the opening hallway. There is laughter when you enter so I presume the ghost jams it behind you. I looked at the door and, not seeing any way of fixing it with my current inventory, wanted to move back to examine the room for other items. Again, I could find no way of doing it. It is possible that everything I needed was on screen anyway, but this doesn't alter the fact that I should be able to step away from the door if I want to.

I see potential here but, as it stands, these problems put me off trying to play further.
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, there is a problem with the resolution. It's 1280x1024 if you can manage to get that resolution it will be better.

With the first room, you have to manage to fix the door keyhole... You can search by the benches next to the table... You can search the plastic bags above the bed...

We don't speak English in Macedonia, but we learn it. The main character's speech is British English and I like it very much.

Thanks again for the comments and stay tuned for more...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #7

I suppose he means F.Y.R.O.M.....

But the game is quite a nice effort and should be supported.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
I suppose he means F.Y.R.O.M.....

But the game is quite a nice effort and should be supported.
Thanks friend...

While working on Shadows 2, we are preparing the remake of the first Shadows game. It will be in 360 degrees rotation. It will be fun and playable in Win 7.

Thanks for the support.

P.S. I mean Macedonia and please, move away the politics friend...
Old 08-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #9

We are making a remake of the original Shadows game.

360 Degrees navigation system, remastered music, changed some things...

You'll get it when it's done for sure
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance66 View Post
With the first room, you have to manage to fix the door keyhole... You can search by the benches next to the table... You can search the plastic bags above the bed...

We don't speak English in Macedonia, but we learn it. The main character's speech is British English and I like it very much.

Thanks again for the comments and stay tuned for more...
Thank you for the reply. The problem I am having is that I don't seem to be able to back out from the close-up of the door. This prevents me from searching the benches and the bags for a solution. Any idea what I need to do to back out of that view so I can search?

Didn't mean to seem overly critical on the English. For a non-native speaker, it is very good. It would just be good to have subtitles anyway as there are ocassional words that are hard to understand. As I already said, it is also very difficult to hear the voice in the introduction with the backgound music as well.

Cold Topic

Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. The problem I am having is that I don't seem to be able to back out from the close-up of the door. This prevents me from searching the benches and the bags for a solution. Any idea what I need to do to back out of that view so I can search?

Didn't mean to seem overly critical on the English. For a non-native speaker, it is very good. It would just be good to have subtitles anyway as there are ocassional words that are hard to understand. As I already said, it is also very difficult to hear the voice in the introduction with the backgound music as well.
Thanks! You can get off the close up view in the lower section, below the mechanism. If there is nowhere a return icon, please tell me what operating system you use, so I can make fix for that bug.

Here is a brand new remake of the original Shadows game, ready to be playable by everyone.

Shadows

Hope you'll like it!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #12

Quote:

I just saw... the game is made for 1280x960 resolution and cannot be played in smaller resolutions. That's the problem definetely...

Also, the remake of the original Shadows game is online and ready to be played.

Shadows

New navigation system, remastered music, better graphics etc...
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Freeware Co-ordinator

OK. That could well be the problem then. I'll see what I can do about playing it at that resolution whcih will hopefully reveal the return button I'm missing.

I'll also give Shadows a look. Does that require a similar resolution?

Cold Topic

Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #14

Quote:
OK. That could well be the problem then. I'll see what I can do about playing it at that resolution whcih will hopefully reveal the return button I'm missing.

I'll also give Shadows a look. Does that require a similar resolution?
That would solve your problem.

Shadows is made in 1024x768 resolution and can be played in that or higher resolution
Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #15

There is a sneak preview of the newest game.

YouTube

And there is new web site.

New Official Site

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #16

The new comedy game is ready! You can download it from the official site NOW!

http://rainbowenter.com/news.html

Hope you'll like it!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
Freeware Co-ordinator

Fully voiced in English. Good of you to put in that sort of effort.

In FF for January.

Cold Topic