You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Default AGS Awards 2010

The annual AGS (Adventure Game Studio) Awards voting is once again in progress! In 2010 around 110 new indie games were created using the Chris Jones made engine.

Round 1 ended exactly 1 week ago with the announcement of nominees in 17 categories:

http://americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/AGS_Awards_2010

Any day now voting in the final round will begin.

If anyone's interested, you can follow the whole craziness as it spreads in this AGS Forums thread.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

I have been keeping an eye on this over in the AGS forums.

Hmm. I see a highly deserving game has been nominated for all the top five awards and several others. Congratulations on that and I hope you pick up some actual awards from it.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Thanks for that, Steve!

Voting for the winners has began. Anyone who wants to participate needs to register in the AGS forums:

http://www.bigbluecup.com/awards.php?action=dovote

Or you can just play the nominees for fun to see how does 2010 measure up.

The Awards ceremony will be held at March The 4th and be realized as a LIVE multiplayer AGS game!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
The Awards ceremony will be held at March The 4th and be realized as a LIVE multiplayer AGS game!
Cool. I didn't know AGS could do multiplayer. How many people will be able to join the ceremony, and how does the multiplayer work? Does everybody get their own avatar or does everybody control the same character?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Cool. I didn't know AGS could do multiplayer. How many people will be able to join the ceremony, and how does the multiplayer work? Does everybody get their own avatar or does everybody control the same character?
It's a brand new and still-in-testing AGS feature.

For the ceremony there's a limit of 60 people. You need to PM this guy to sign up for it.

Custom avatars are an option. People who won't send a custom character will get a default one.