You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Dead Cyborg - indie scifi adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #21

Completely stuck in level 2, cannot seem to find anyway to charge the energy cell. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #22

Didn't realize this was released since I was use to it being in the adventure section. lol Thank you gametrailers for showing a release trailer. Now time to play.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #23

Solved my issue eventually, wrote a walkthrough about on the entire game (http://indie-elitist.blogspot.com/20...inning-of.html) but now there are a few on the internet.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #24

Really great little game - Fallout 3 without the violence!

I donated $10, so hopefully I've helped Episode 2's release along.

BTW, this is a game you don't need a walkthrough for. I found the hints quite enough - just keep trying. The hardest part, as always, is finding the money!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #25

A nicely-crafted (and... well-translated!) story. Though, along most of the other elements of the game (models, textures, etc.) it does repeat itself almost too much. There is a lot of good narrative but also so many frobbables that it could use twice as much. Either that or half as much to frob!

But that is just a critique of a positive...

The only real criticism would be about the engine's interface. All keyboard + no customization = bugged me. It bugged me especially because movement and focus was abrupt where the frobbables' frob-space were often so narrowly defined... if you know what I mean.

You obviously have many of the necessary talents to create excellent adventure games! I wonder if you have considered developing with another, smoother, engine as a platform?

For instance, have you ever experimented with something like Dark Radiant?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #26

played through level 1 but when i clicked on the door to level 2 the game crashed. D'oh!

Overall i thought it was quite well done, however please introduce mouse look in future versions as it was a pain to use dual keyboard controls

also speed up left/right movement as it's really slow at the moment

could also do with a gamma slider because it was overly bright

also i lol'ed at "i love big bolts" which i assume was a reference to baby got back?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcd2011 View Post
played through level 1 but when i clicked on the door to level 2 the game crashed. D'oh!
Password to get into level 2 straight from menu: WAR
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #28

i have now played through the entire episode and these are my thoughts:

Story: While i like the idea of walking through deserted corridors, learning things as i go, i didn't really feel like this worked as it should, and i still don't really know what it was all about. There were too many pointless holocubes and robo messages for the important ones to really shine through, and i think voicing at least the important ones would make all the difference.

Graphics: Despite the textures being fairly low res, the various areas look very nice, and the slightly repetitve nature of the areas can be excused as it all takes place inside the same complex. I liked the somewhat dark and grimy graphic style, but some elements like the cute yellow robots seem a bit out of place with that style. The game was also too bright, could do with a brightness or gamma setting in the menu

Sound: The background noises became a bit repetitive and the lack of music apart from when finding a body hurt the atmosphere. A nice forboding tune in the background would help. I also think the holocubes feature was boring and would have been better if they were voiced.

Gameplay: On the whole, there were a lot of good puzzles with sensible solutions, though sometimes not enough information was given to help the user know what they need to do, and there were a few repetitive puzzles like having to repeat an action on everything in an area to find the one item you can use.

Controls: Definitely the weak point of the game, it was probably the second to last level before i became comfortable with the dual keyboard setup. It badly needs mouse controls to replace the arrow keys, and also sidestepping is really really slow for some reason. It could also do with a more traditional inventory, which would lend itself to mouse controls anyway.

Technical: Love that the game runs in 1920x1080, but would have preferred a fullscreen mode, and would be nice to use a traditional save system rather than passwords, but i can live with these things if they can't be changed.

Overall, I liked dead cyborg as a puzzle game, though didn't really feel i connected with the characters as the creator would have hoped, with various interface and gameplay elements causing a lack of immersion. Despite that, it is a well made game with plenty going for it and i would rate it 7/10