Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Primordia (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/27841-primordia.html)

Pinback 09-24-2010 10:49 AM

Primordia

This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it.
After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning, I decided to get a team together and start again from scratch. The result is;
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7...finalsites.png

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet. Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot. The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/699/readingb.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8207/67339113.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7345/58453270.png

Horatio: You know, I always wanted to be able to fly. It just felt . . . right. That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin: Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio: Well, that too.

Primordia is a traditional Point and Click adventure, to be released sometime before 2011 as freeware.

Features include;

Immersive storyline
Beautifully scored
Lushly illustrated graphics
Fully voiced, engaging characters
Fluid animations
Intricate game world filled with curiosities

Production has been moving at quite a pace for the past few months. Working with writer Mark Yohalem (Writer for commercial titles such as Heroes of Newerth, Savage 2, Kohan II, and Axis & Allies, along with numerous other things.) and composer m0ds (Scored more games than one might think possible, Trilby's Notes, Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth, Murphy's Salvage just to name a few) continues to be totally awesome, it's been really great to bounce the creativity back and forth, these guys just keep amazing me with thier incredible work- I've really had to change gears graphics wise to try and make the visuals match coolness with everything else.
A stable of fantastic voice actors is icing on the cake, although this is the one aspect of Primordia that is still in the early stages of development, everything else- story, script, puzzles, music, graphics, programming is all at around the 50% - 60% completed mark, with an exhaustive design document and concept art ready to direct the remaining portion.

For more info, screenshots and some concept art check out our website

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6751/linkthumb.png

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee. Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism." - E.F.L

ingumak 09-24-2010 10:56 AM

UAU! design looks great. Congratulations

stepurhan 09-25-2010 12:13 AM

I like the organic machine look and the colour palette your using gives a solid overall feel.

I see by your homepage that you're hoping for release in late 2010. Presumably by getting to the point of announcement that is looking like a good target. Would you care to go for something a bit more precise or do you not want to jinx it? :)

Had a look at your game page and, apart from the home page, I'm just getting HTML coding rather than displayed pages from the buttons at the top. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference.

zenger 09-25-2010 07:01 AM

WOW Pinback, amazing work!, It looks really great!!, please keep us posted :D

Oppss, I just entered in your webpage and You seem to have some files with a wrong extension .htt instead of .htm, and so, when You click on team,art or about, just to name a few, it appears the HTML code of the page instead of the page. (EDIT: sorry stepurhan, I didn't realize that You have already commented this)

By the way, I'm sorry but I couldn't help, I was hungry for more screenshots and I followed your web code for the art link part, and I saw more screenshots :D, they look amazing as well

As I said, congratulations for your work and please keep us posted

Kind regards

Pinback 09-25-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 560245)
I like the organic machine look and the colour palette your using gives a solid overall feel.

I see by your homepage that you're hoping for release in late 2010. Presumably by getting to the point of announcement that is looking like a good target. Would you care to go for something a bit more precise or do you not want to jinx it? :)

Had a look at your game page and, apart from the home page, I'm just getting HTML coding rather than displayed pages from the buttons at the top. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference.

1) It's damn hard to guess really- we like to play it casual on our team- makes for better spontaneous creativity. My thinking is, it took several months to get past the halfway mark, and it'll be several more to finish.
And yeah, I'm really superstitious:D

2) Grahics I can do, webmastery is unfortunately not my bag! (YOu can tell by the fact the site looks great but performs like crap!) Yeah, it seems anyone with Firefox will have real troble loading anything. I'll try to fix it tonight.

@Zenger Thanks man! And yeah, site should be working properly soon...

excentri 10-01-2010 08:43 AM

Wow! Interesting game. I'm really looking forward to this. I love the art and I'm getting inspired by it.

stepurhan 10-01-2010 10:18 PM

Glad to see the website is working properly now. That's some nice concept art you've got there.

Pinback 10-05-2010 09:24 PM

Hey all,

I've now set up a donation/pre-order page on the site for those who are interested in supporting production for Primordia, or who just want a proper boxed version. The game will still be released in it's entirity as freeware, but for those of you who prefer a real, commercial quality boxed game on the shelf, or simply want to aid production and help out the team, I thought this would be a good idea to implement.

I was a little over ambitious with my 'late 2010' release date. To be on the safe side I'm pushing this back to february 2011 at the earliest, mid 2011 at the very, extreme latest (You really never know what will crop up and slow things down).
I'm going to be doing a fair bit more work on the game cover art and such for one thing, and there's just generally a whole lot more work involved in this production now than when it started.

A basic boxed game pre-order package will set you back $40 USD, but this price includes postage.
The box art will be sweet though, the posters also very cool, and for patrons donating $100 or more their game will be shipped with an original concept illustration from Primordia. These will be fully rendered original illustrations, created using the highest quality materiels and also signed and dated by yours truly.
There are also a few other neats perks you get from donating, so if you like what you see and want to help us out (and can afford to, of course), be sure to take a gander at;

www.primordiagame.com

Thanks for all the support and interest guys,

Victor Pflug

Sughly 10-05-2010 09:54 PM

Ah nice to see :D. I've said it before but I'll say it again - you've got such a great style! Looks really good, very much looking forward to this...

m0ds 12-05-2010 07:13 AM

A Red, Blue or Gold coupon will also land you a free copy of the soundtrack, woop woop!

Majsan 12-05-2010 09:51 AM

Really like the look of this game and the way the story sounds!:)
Please keep us posted...

Pinback 12-06-2010 10:37 AM

Here's a short story straight out of the Primordial night- enjoy!

Majsan 12-06-2010 10:57 AM

Loooove the story!!!! :D
Gimme more, more, MOOORE!!!!:devil:

Pinback 12-06-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majsan (Post 565508)
Loooove the story!!!! :D
Gimme more, more, MOOORE!!!!:devil:

Hehe, thanks Majsan- I'll let Mark know you enjoyed it heartily:)

theo 12-07-2010 01:15 PM

Lovin' the look of this! Keep up the good work!