You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Any other indie developers in the UK

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
The hell of it all

Default Any other indie developers in the UK

Hi there

I am writing an article about the future of indie development in the UK and I'm looking for your help please!

I'm trying to find out how many other indie developers there are in the UK and hopefully create a network so that we can begin supporting each other. But more importantly I want to highlight how indie games are becoming part of successful business models and fuelling the UK's economy.

So if you would like to stand up and be counted and/or tell me your thoughts on indie games in the UK please do so. I have put a short survey on my site, feel free to fill it in www.xportmedia.co.uk/survey.html - As I say it's just for research and no info will be passed on.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Playing
Digital - A love story
Very soon - Amnesia!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I'm Polish myself, but here's what I know...

There's the Time Gentlemen Please and Privates developers - Zombie Cow Studios

There are the other studios supported by Channel 4 - for instance the creators of Bow Street Runner, who are currently making a new Channel 4 adventure game together with Kieron Gillen of Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

There's Steve Ince who is a freelance game writer after leaving Revolution. He created the Mr Smozzles Goes Nutso indie.

Steve Poulton (aka Calin Leafshade) - developing the McCarthy Chronicles series, now working together with the super-popular indie Australian developer Ben Chandler.

The creators of Rhiannon.

The creators of Barrow Hill.

Jonathan Boakes - the creator of The Lsot Crown and the Dark Fall trilogy.

Finally, there's Mark Richards that's one of the writers on my indie adventure games blog, who is only after the release his first little game, but also he has been long creating the very promising sci-fi The Longevity Gene - to be finished soon.

More names, once (and if) I'll remember them.

Last edited by Ascovel; 06-27-2010 at 09:16 AM.