Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   The Silver Lining now released! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/27170-silver-lining-now-released.html)

cesarbittar 06-25-2010 01:21 PM

The Silver Lining now released!

What's happening at The Silver Lining website?

http://www.tsl-game.com

PhoenixWrong 06-25-2010 02:59 PM

Looks like a countdown for something. Last time I heard there were negotiating with Activision (they own the IP right?) to be able to continue the work on the game.

Dea ex Machina 06-25-2010 07:25 PM

*snort* Given that César is the head of The Silver Lining's design team, I'm preeeetty sure that question was rhetorical. :D

You know the answer, don't you, César? In fact you're one of the only people who knows the answer. You're just here to tease us. TAUNT us, with mysterious countdowns and hints and raised hopes. CURSE YOU, BITTAR, YOU MAD PUPPETMASTER!

(oh god I hope that countdown is to what I HOPE it is pleasepleaseplease....)

ozzie 06-25-2010 07:37 PM

Hehehe, okay, I'm excited then! I hope it's not for nothing. ;)

cesarbittar 06-26-2010 02:47 AM

Do I hear.... is that... music?

What IS happening at The Silver Lining site???

http://www.tsl-game.com/

Dea ex Machina 06-26-2010 08:08 AM

...You're an evil man, Bittar.

...And I will totally be here in four hours to see that clock run out, but still. Evil.

For all those who have trouble working out the math on that countdown clock, here's a handy conversion chart.

2.2181661469820264e-22 Bismuth Half Lives to go...

TopCat 06-26-2010 08:22 AM

Stop torturing us dude.... :D

Luna Sevithiainen 06-26-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopCat (Post 553231)
Stop torturing us dude.... :D

Which will be in about 3 and a half hours...
...unless he's come up with a new timer by then :P

By the way, love the music!

Jaesun 06-26-2010 10:23 AM

Yes, love the music! I have it on at the moment while surfing.

Can't wait to see what the countdown is for!

rayvio 06-26-2010 11:12 AM

the quote makes me think the game's been "changed" and "reborn" in a new not-going-to-get-sued form
extra points if you guys put a subtle insult hidden in the game to Sierra/Activision :P

Jaesun 06-26-2010 12:01 PM

To Our Fans:

They say lightning never strikes twice, but once again, you’ve proven them wrong.

We are extremely happy to announce that our project, The Silver Lining, will definitely see the light of day!

In a wonderful turn of events, Activision reached out to the Phoenix Online team a few months ago with a desire to revisit their decision regarding The Silver Lining. After negotiations, the C&D has been officially rescinded, and Phoenix Online has been granted a non-commercial license to release The Silver Lining!

Our team is ecstatic about this, and as hard as we’ve worked for 8 years, it’s the tireless belief and support of you, our fans, that has made this possible. We want to give special thanks to the Save The Silver Lining team, who put together and ran an amazing and organized campaign, and rallied our fantastic fans to make a difference. You made it possible once, and now we’ve done what seemed impossible for a second time! The support we received from all of you was amazing and honestly blew us away. We always knew we had some of the best fans out there, but even so, wow! We will always be grateful for your unending belief in us.

And that’s not the only good news we have for you: the first episode of The Silver Lining will be released in just two weeks on July 10th! The long wait is almost over, and we couldn’t have done it without you!

Awesome!!!

Dea ex Machina 06-26-2010 12:08 PM

Release date! Trailer! Release date! New website! Release date! RELEASE DATE!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rayvio 06-26-2010 12:41 PM

great news!

ozzie 06-26-2010 12:52 PM

BAHAHAHA!!! :D AWESOME!!!!

Nothing more to say... ;)
I guess this would be a reason to finally finish building my new PC...

splat44 06-26-2010 01:35 PM

Great News!

Just yesterday I've received notification, after seeing countdown I figured we won somehow!

Great works, fans, POS, tsl and of course Activision!

Luna Sevithiainen 06-26-2010 01:37 PM

And a release date so soon!
Great news, guys. And congratulations on the end of the Cease & Desist :)

PhoenixWrong 06-26-2010 04:53 PM

Can't wait! Now I have 2 adventure games to look forward to in July! :D

aries323 06-27-2010 07:39 AM

The Silver Lining (KQ9) is back - goes episodic

The team behind The Silver Lining (previously KQ 9) has now been granted a non-commercial license by Activision:

Quote:

In a wonderful turn of events, Activision reached out to the Phoenix Online team a few months ago with a desire to revisit their decision regarding The Silver Lining. After negotiations, the C&D has been officially rescinded, and Phoenix Online has been granted a non-commercial license to release The Silver Lining!
On top of that the first episode will be released on July 10th 2010:

Quote:

And that’s not the only good news we have for you: the first episode of The Silver Lining will be released in just two weeks on July 10th! The long wait is almost over, and we couldn’t have done it without you
Sometimes it helps to protest a bit, it seems...

HaroldO 06-27-2010 08:08 AM

everyone wins, even activision as that is probably gonna make me buy KQ Collection.

Hamham Chan 06-27-2010 09:35 AM

This makes me so happy. I thought that the Kings Quest saga was dead when Roberta & Ken Williams retired and sold Sierra. :)

cwapitm 06-27-2010 10:35 AM

This is great news! :)

Ascovel 06-27-2010 03:53 PM

This is excellent news! Also, great that the first episode is already prepared for release.

splat44 06-27-2010 06:48 PM

In additions to all excitments, I do recall saying a comment on TSL few months ago that it seems were were playing actual game in real world with all those battles that took place to find out we actually won again and again!

Intense Degree 06-29-2010 01:16 AM

Brilliant news!

I must say I really thought that it was the end second time round but I'm really pleased to be proved wrong! :D

Well done to the whole team.

Vel 07-10-2010 03:33 PM

It's out. And judging by the first hour or so into the game, it's grand. Dark and kind of nostalgic to see the green isles in full 3d...

Ascovel 07-10-2010 05:23 PM

Finished the 1st episode. Congrats to the creators as they did a really impressive job!

Overall, amazing production values (everything: graphics, music, coding, voices!) and very nice interactivity and responses in the palace and around the city.

I was a bit disappointed that this episode had only 1 puzzle to solve. Hopefully, the following ones will be more focused on providing adventure game challenges.

Vel 07-11-2010 07:39 AM

Over too soon though. Quite short.

Intense Degree 07-13-2010 06:23 AM

Played 20 minutes or so this morning and i'm very impressed so far. High production values and no shortage of details/animations etc.

Great to be back in the Land of the Green Isles!

inm8#2 07-15-2010 10:25 PM

Just installed and played for a couple minutes. Great so far!

I would think this would be getting more buzz around here...

theduramater 07-25-2010 06:07 PM

King's Quest: The Silver Lining

I can't believe no one has started talking about this game on here. Am I the only one that is excited that they seemed to have Completely Ignored KQ8? They picked up right after KQ7 (which I actually liked).

~Erin

inm8#2 07-25-2010 06:58 PM

Funny, I was going to post the same thing. Just played through Episode 1. Pretty good so far - it's light on "adventuring" but mostly sets up the story and characters. Some people may complain about outdated graphics, but it's good enough for an unpaid project.

When's Episode 2 coming out?

fov 07-26-2010 07:34 AM

AG's review is up

I enjoyed the episode -- it really felt like "coming home" after so many years. Of course I wish it had been longer with more actual gameplay, but the second episode is supposed to resolve that...

Fantasysci5 07-26-2010 08:53 AM

I really liked it, and after all that buzz on the forums, I also would have thought there would be a bit more discussion.

Like, who do you think the cloaked figure is? And what about the doomsdayer?

I keep having this irrational wish that Cedric would fly in...:P

cesarbittar 07-28-2010 01:32 AM

Aww, thanks for the awesome review!!! :D You made my day!!!

Intense Degree 07-28-2010 07:42 AM

Glad you're pleased Cesar, and seeing as you're here...

Any news on the release date for part 2? :D

cesarbittar 08-06-2010 03:01 AM

soon ;)

JackVanian 06-23-2011 09:08 AM

Hi everyone, I'd like to inform you that we (Adventure-Treff) have just published my newest interview. This time I had the pleasure of asking Cesar Bittar tons of questions about The Silver Lining, his past at Telltale Games, his special relation to the Gabriel Knight series and much more. I really hope you like the result! :)
http://www.adventure-treff.de/artike...id=81&lang=eng

Adventurere No.1 03-26-2012 02:04 PM

I m playing through the 4th episode right now, and found this thread which it seems like be forgotten .

i must say this is the best freeware game i ever played so far, developers made a great job and some hard work i don't see in big commercial Adventures sometimes.