Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   The Silver Lining now released! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/27170-silver-lining-now-released.html)

cesarbittar 06-25-2010 01:21 PM

The Silver Lining now released!

What's happening at The Silver Lining website?

http://www.tsl-game.com

PhoenixWrong 06-25-2010 02:59 PM

Looks like a countdown for something. Last time I heard there were negotiating with Activision (they own the IP right?) to be able to continue the work on the game.

Dea ex Machina 06-25-2010 07:25 PM

*snort* Given that César is the head of The Silver Lining's design team, I'm preeeetty sure that question was rhetorical. :D

You know the answer, don't you, César? In fact you're one of the only people who knows the answer. You're just here to tease us. TAUNT us, with mysterious countdowns and hints and raised hopes. CURSE YOU, BITTAR, YOU MAD PUPPETMASTER!

(oh god I hope that countdown is to what I HOPE it is pleasepleaseplease....)

ozzie 06-25-2010 07:37 PM

Hehehe, okay, I'm excited then! I hope it's not for nothing. ;)

cesarbittar 06-26-2010 02:47 AM

Do I hear.... is that... music?

What IS happening at The Silver Lining site???

http://www.tsl-game.com/

Dea ex Machina 06-26-2010 08:08 AM

...You're an evil man, Bittar.

...And I will totally be here in four hours to see that clock run out, but still. Evil.

For all those who have trouble working out the math on that countdown clock, here's a handy conversion chart.

2.2181661469820264e-22 Bismuth Half Lives to go...

TopCat 06-26-2010 08:22 AM

Stop torturing us dude.... :D

Luna Sevithiainen 06-26-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopCat (Post 553231)
Stop torturing us dude.... :D

Which will be in about 3 and a half hours...
...unless he's come up with a new timer by then :P

By the way, love the music!

Jaesun 06-26-2010 10:23 AM

Yes, love the music! I have it on at the moment while surfing.

Can't wait to see what the countdown is for!

rayvio 06-26-2010 11:12 AM

the quote makes me think the game's been "changed" and "reborn" in a new not-going-to-get-sued form
extra points if you guys put a subtle insult hidden in the game to Sierra/Activision :P

Jaesun 06-26-2010 12:01 PM

To Our Fans:

They say lightning never strikes twice, but once again, you’ve proven them wrong.

We are extremely happy to announce that our project, The Silver Lining, will definitely see the light of day!

In a wonderful turn of events, Activision reached out to the Phoenix Online team a few months ago with a desire to revisit their decision regarding The Silver Lining. After negotiations, the C&D has been officially rescinded, and Phoenix Online has been granted a non-commercial license to release The Silver Lining!

Our team is ecstatic about this, and as hard as we’ve worked for 8 years, it’s the tireless belief and support of you, our fans, that has made this possible. We want to give special thanks to the Save The Silver Lining team, who put together and ran an amazing and organized campaign, and rallied our fantastic fans to make a difference. You made it possible once, and now we’ve done what seemed impossible for a second time! The support we received from all of you was amazing and honestly blew us away. We always knew we had some of the best fans out there, but even so, wow! We will always be grateful for your unending belief in us.

And that’s not the only good news we have for you: the first episode of The Silver Lining will be released in just two weeks on July 10th! The long wait is almost over, and we couldn’t have done it without you!

Awesome!!!

Dea ex Machina 06-26-2010 12:08 PM

Release date! Trailer! Release date! New website! Release date! RELEASE DATE!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rayvio 06-26-2010 12:41 PM

great news!

ozzie 06-26-2010 12:52 PM

BAHAHAHA!!! :D AWESOME!!!!

Nothing more to say... ;)
I guess this would be a reason to finally finish building my new PC...

splat44 06-26-2010 01:35 PM

Great News!

Just yesterday I've received notification, after seeing countdown I figured we won somehow!

Great works, fans, POS, tsl and of course Activision!

Luna Sevithiainen 06-26-2010 01:37 PM

And a release date so soon!
Great news, guys. And congratulations on the end of the Cease & Desist :)

PhoenixWrong 06-26-2010 04:53 PM

Can't wait! Now I have 2 adventure games to look forward to in July! :D

aries323 06-27-2010 07:39 AM

The Silver Lining (KQ9) is back - goes episodic

The team behind The Silver Lining (previously KQ 9) has now been granted a non-commercial license by Activision:

Quote:

In a wonderful turn of events, Activision reached out to the Phoenix Online team a few months ago with a desire to revisit their decision regarding The Silver Lining. After negotiations, the C&D has been officially rescinded, and Phoenix Online has been granted a non-commercial license to release The Silver Lining!
On top of that the first episode will be released on July 10th 2010:

Quote:

And that’s not the only good news we have for you: the first episode of The Silver Lining will be released in just two weeks on July 10th! The long wait is almost over, and we couldn’t have done it without you
Sometimes it helps to protest a bit, it seems...

HaroldO 06-27-2010 08:08 AM

everyone wins, even activision as that is probably gonna make me buy KQ Collection.

Hamham Chan 06-27-2010 09:35 AM

This makes me so happy. I thought that the Kings Quest saga was dead when Roberta & Ken Williams retired and sold Sierra. :)